Need Help With Camoflauging My Container...

TEAM RETRIEVER

I hid a plastic conatiner recently and used FleckStone. The instructions state that to make it weather proof you need to use their clear coat. I didn't want it to be that shiny and it's one of my first hides so I'm still experimenting also. I checked on it yesterday and it's holding up great! The camo tape works really good but can be hard to find depending on your area. Around here, FL, it's a seasonal item that just hit stores a few weeks ago for hunting season. You can order it online year round. Good luck and happy caching. :rolleyes:

EDIT: To add linky.

Edited by Jester2112

Definately start your project by roughing up the outer surface, regardless of what medium you apply.

I've started camoflauging my containers with moss, pine needles, mulch, etc, and they come out looking pretty kewl. Somebody in the "Kewl Kontainers" thread mentioned the method, and I've adopted it;

Buy a tube of silicon that drys clear. Smear it all over your container with a plastic knife. Apply camo.

I have used camouflage fabric with good results :huh: but it can be hard to findthe fabric. first I paint the container and then I hot glue strips of the fabric to the container.

I recenty starte expermenting with air brushing cache caontainers, but at least for me it is not as easy as it sounds. <_<

Air brushed caches

2c4dd727-9c97-46b4-a482-4c3a306e5dad.jpg

Micros with camo fabric

0c79a94e-ef3e-4c32-9ec5-b5c63c09b893.jpg

Edited by JohnnyVegas

A cacher in this area glues coarse burlap strips to his hides. Remarkably good camo, and it ages (mildews and discolors) well. The hides have been out just over one year and are doing okay - these are all off the ground. I make a camo cloth bag for hanging the bright orange matchsafe you can buy at Walmart. The original cotton bags were barely good for one year (we did have a very wet summer) I have since found camo patterned nylon ripstop - Im hoping this lasts several years I also have some lock n locks out - just Krylon spray painted flat black nothing as gorgeous as JohnnyVegas airbrush work, but it does disappear in a heavy patch of woods.