Eyeballing Containers At Work?

wandererrob

I work in a lab. We have all kinds of things milling about that would make great cache containers.

For example:

- cryovials as micro containers. These things are made to stay sealed in liquid nitrogen and also survive autoclaving. A New England winter or 3 should be no challenge :P

Yeah, I've snagged a few and did some "experiments" at home. A dremel, some paint... haven't put them out yet though.

- some cool biohazard shipping containers. nice tight seal, simple press and twist closure. We have threaded ones too. But very sturdy. Granted these would need some Dremeling to remove the biohazard symbols.

And I keep seeing various other odds and ends.

What about you guys? What do you see? Come on, I know you look too. :)

We have a full medical unit at my company. I asked for and received several urine sample containers to use in a King of the Hill (TV) themed puzzle multi called "All about Hank Hill and his narrow Urethra." Eh, if GC doesn't like the title I'll list it on terracaching like I did with my cache "Goin' to Uranus and lookin' for Klingons."

Also, several departments in my company and one of our tenant companies are saving Folgers Fresh Seal and miscellaneous screw top containers for my One Degree of Separation project that has been postponed until May of 2006. (The night before GeoWoodstock 4) I should have well in excess of 200 seed caches to give away by then with a total of over 10,000 micros.

Edited by Snoogans
I asked for and received several urine sample containers to use in a King of the Hill (TV) themed puzzle multi called "All about Hank Hill and his narrow Urethra."

eeeewwwwwwwwwwww

When I clicked on this one, I was thinking about pneumatic air tubes, real (retired) phone company equiptment, a fire hydrant, things like that.

recently got 4 surgical decon containers from Bug NV.

I asked for and received several urine sample containers to use in a King of the Hill (TV) themed puzzle multi called "All about Hank Hill and his narrow Urethra."

eeeewwwwwwwwwwww

The container I used in my first cache was a urine sample container. It was unused (sterile seal still inplace) when I got it from a nurse friend. Only one person who logged the cache made a comment on the container :). If you are looking for a small, wide-mouthed, water-tight container, they can't be beat.

More on topic: I work in the information technology department of a bank. There is nothing in the way of containers at my work.

Does anyone know where clear containters can be ordered? Our parks system here won't let us put caches out unless they are in clear containers. Of course the nearby wally world had plastic containers, but I wouldn't think they are too weather proof. Anyone have any suggestions?

Clear containers that work well are "Lock n Locks". They have a rubber seal inside the lid (which snaps shut on all four sides) that does a very good job of keeping water and critters out (just as long as the seal is fouled with debris -- but that holds true for any container with a seal).

I've seen "Lock n Locks" at Target and some Kroger stores.

Please don't use the "disposable tupperware" -- those things aren't durable enough to last very long outside.

Does anyone know where clear containters can be ordered?  Our parks system here won't let us put caches out unless they are in clear containers.  Of course the nearby wally world had plastic containers, but I wouldn't think they are too weather proof.  Anyone have any suggestions?

B0000YZJN4.01-A3DRKN6SKDIOQJ._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Try Amazon.com if the local Target or Kmart doesn't have them.

Fruit not included.

We have a full medical unit at my company. I asked for and received several urine sample containers to use in a King of the Hill (TV) themed puzzle multi called "All about Hank Hill and his narrow Urethra." Eh, if GC doesn't like the title I'll list it on terracaching like I did with my cache "Goin' to Uranus and lookin' for Klingons."

:laughing:<_<:o