Buxley?

cachecrazies

I used to use Buxley's all the time, but have since found using the gc.com maps that are zoom-able (for premuim members) much better.

Between PQs, Gsak, and the mapping software I bought, Buxley's is acually not helpful anymore.

Ed

I've never found Buxley's useful. I can get the same information through this site. I also put my PQ's into MS S&T so I can zoom in and out on the map a lot better than I can on Buxley's.

Having just found about about Buxleys, what is a "geodash"?

Maybe you should ask Buxley???

Ah, I see you don't know either.

No, I think he was saying since it's NOT a feature provided by this website, this isn't the place to ask. Ask the website that does provide the feature.

No, I think he was saying since it's NOT a feature provided by this website, this isn't the place to ask. Ask the website that does provide the feature.

or.................instead of a drawn out back and forth, you could just say...

check out  this link about geodashing, although it's not a part of this site

...and avoid raising your blood pressure or theirs... :laughing:

Different places I've worked, we would often send a customer to another store that carried items or services that we did not, finding that by doing this in a friendly and helpful manner, the customer and other store would think well of us, and send more business back our way (as well as it just being the nice thing to do)

At any rate, I'm happy that Buxley's site is back up, as I find his maps more useful for caching along a route than the gc.com maps, but as I said in an earlier post...his site is not competition, but complementary to the gc.com site, which I would assume iis the reason for its renewed access to gc.com data.

have a nice day all,

nfa-jamie

Edited by NFA

Lap's been around long enough to give you a complete answer. It would truly suprise me if he didn't know. However to actually answer your question, It's a GPS game. Check out gpsgames.org for details.

Edited by Renegade Knight

Lap's been around long enough to give you a complete answer. It would truly suprise me if he didn't know. However to actually answer your question, It's a GPS game. Check out gpsgames.org for details.

Be surprised. I didn't know the answer nor did I care to learn. I pointed the gentleman toward a good source of information to answer his question. Nothing more, nothing less.

Some people interpret brevity as something else. thats their problem not mine. My statement was simple and factual.

Col

Be surprised. I didn't know the answer nor did I care to learn. I pointed the gentleman toward a good source of information to answer his question. Nothing more, nothing less.

Some people interpret brevity as something else. thats their problem not mine. My statement was simple and factual.

Actually I am surprised. Anyone who would be a leader in the geocaching community should know what geodashing is even if they don't participate for many of the same reasons that they should know about letterboxing even if they have never found one. Because you are a leader in the geocaching community I made the mistake of assuming you knew more than you did. I apologize.

Col

Actually I am surprised. Anyone who would be a leader in the geocaching community should know what geodashing is even if they don't participate for many of the same reasons that they should know about letterboxing even if they have never found one. Because you are a leader in the geocaching community I made the mistake of assuming you knew more than you did. I apologize.

Ouch!

perhaps I should have said that I did not feel that my level of knowledge was to the point of providing a concise and correct explanation.

But ya know what? I have never been asked to list a Geodashing thingy. It hasn't prevented me from doing my job here.

Sucks when you find out your idols have feet of clay, doesn't it? ;) I shall endeavor to be less human and more perfect. I never assume a leader or anyone else for that matter knows everything. I have always made it a point to admit when I don't know something. Its safer.

Sorry to have let you down. I hope you didn't lose any sleep over my human foible.

Edited by LaPaglia

I haven't met Buxley in person yet, but I know he's a long-time cacher in my area. I have encountered his signature "packaged Cinnamon Altoids" and enjoyed visiting one of his caches placed on a beach. I'm hoping to visit his other placements some day, since they seem to at fascinating locations.

I'm glad his maps are up-to-date. I'm just hoping his "re"participation in Geocaching will lead to more of his hides to neutralize the "uninspired caches" of late. ;)

Sucks when you find out your idols have feet of clay, doesn't it? :D I shall endeavor to be less human and more perfect. I never assume a leader or anyone else for that matter knows everything. I have always made it a point to admit when I don't know something. Its safer.

Sorry to have let you down. I hope you didn't lose any sleep over my human foible.

Wow, I'm so disillusioned. I may even take your picture down from over the fireplace mantle. Next you'll be telling us that you've never heard of GeoFlurming. Say it ain't so!

Sucks when you find out your idols have feet of clay, doesn't it?  :D I shall endeavor to be less human and more perfect. I never assume a leader or anyone else for that matter knows everything. I have always made it a point to admit when I don't know something. Its safer.

Wow, I'm so disillusioned. I may even take your picture down from over the fireplace mantle. Next you'll be telling us that you've never heard of GeoFlurming. Say it ain't so!

Geoflurming? :D

:laughing:

Edited by Yamahammer
Sucks when you find out your idols have feet of clay, doesn't it?  :D I shall endeavor to be less human and more perfect. I never assume a leader or anyone else for that matter knows everything. I have always made it a point to admit when I don't know something. Its safer.

:laughing:

Hey I said I was ignorant not Stupid!! EVERYONE knows about GeoFlurming.

Sucks when you find out your idols have feet of clay, doesn't it?  :laughing: I shall endeavor to be less human and more perfect. I never assume a leader or anyone else for that matter knows everything. I have always made it a point to admit when I don't know something. Its safer.

:shocked:

Hey I said I was ignorant not Stupid!! EVERYONE knows about GeoFlurming.

Hey! I resemble that remark!!! :D

:surprise: