Larger Container Ideas?

Does anyone have any ideas on what would be a good type of container for larger caches. I'm looking for something to hold a PS2 game system and about 10 games (DVD size cases).

I can only think of rubbermaid type containers. What other suggestions does everyone have?

-Eric

Does anyone have any ideas on what would be a good type of container for larger caches.  I'm looking for something to hold a PS2 game system and about 10 games (DVD size cases).

I can only think of rubbermaid type containers. What other suggestions does everyone have?

-Eric

Hey, cool idea.

You could attach it to a power supply and let the cachers play, then let them log their highscores ;)

Oliver

Does anyone have any ideas on what would be a good type of container for larger caches.  I'm looking for something to hold a PS2 game system and about 10 games (DVD size cases).

-Eric

Hey, cool idea.

You could attach it to a power supply and let the cachers play, then let them log their highscores ;)

Oliver

I could see the online logs now...

"Easy to find. Several other cachers have brought in a second-hand couch, a generator and a mini-fridge. Four other cachers were competing in Indy tournament.

T Slice of Pizza and a coke.

L Geogamer crying because I took his high score in Tertris Ultra.

STL. TFTC!"

So much for on topic postings. Home Depot has 5 gallon buckets. I had a cache called Teddy Bear Picnic that was trading stuffed animals. At one time it had a 2 foot tall Barnie in it. Yuo just got to find the right spot to put it.

cheers

Wow, some muggle is going to be very happy!

Okay, seriously now, I think a PS2 would be an amazing FTF prize. If that was in my area I'd definatly be trying to get that one. Is this going to be a challanging cache? Some sort of tough puzzle or such would be cool, maybe a puzzle based off of a popular PS2 Game...

Thank you everyone for those answers, I'd like to stick to an ammo box if I could. I think I'm going to go with the 'Grenade Ammo Box' for the PS2, and a second regular Box to hold the games/controllers if necessary. The Grenade Box is 16.25 x 7.5 x 6 inches, while the PS2 is 11.9 x 7.2 x 3.1 inches.

For those that are curious as to the back story, I was taking out the trash last night and found the PS2, controller, cables, and a couple games and all in the garbage by my town-home. I couldn't believe it. I thought it must be broken, brought it inside and cleaned it up, and it worked perfectly.

I already own a PS2, and most of my friends already have a gaming system, so I thought of just pawning it off. Then another friend suggest making it into a cache. Great idea I thought!

So, my goal is to create a difficult cache, somewhere in Minnesota, (where I live obviously), I'm going to add a couple of my PS2 games I don't play anymore. I just didn't know what container to put it in.

I need to order that grenade container, get a spot picked and puzzle created. I'm aiming for June 18th as the weekend when it will be planted, somewhere around central MN, within a 75 Mile radius of St. Cloud, MN.

You know what they say, "One man's trash, is another cacher's FTF prize!"

-Eric

Plank - My area of town is pretty decent I don't think it was stolen. It was pretty trashed, tossed in there with other cables, cords, kitchen utensils. I'm thinking it's a moving day toss. Also, what if you got the thing in 2000, they games they had with it were like NHL 2001, some old Playstation one game. I bet they just never played it anymore.

I don't play my PS2 much anymore because I game on my computer more often. That's why I wanted to toss some of my games in the cache too. Spread the love.

CacheNCarry - I like that idea, it allows me to get it out in the field quicker than ordering a large ammo can.

How about a regular sized cache with a "coupon" good for one PS2 (see racher for details of pickup).

There ya go! The coupon could tell the finder to contact you via the email link in your profile. They would have to have a geocacher account and log in to contact you to get the PS2.

You would recognize the email sent through the geocaching.com servers and it would verify you had an actual geocacher and not a muggle trying to pilfer a PS2.