Most Creative Log?

gridlox

Whoo Hoo! I got two first in one today!

My first FTF and my first ?

The Red Barron

Since it was my first FTF, I decided to commemorate it with a little creative writing for my log.

(hope you like my story :rolleyes: )

Since I love to read creative stuff like this, I thought I'd ask, "What's the most creative story you have read in the online logs?"

D-man :D

PS. - Yeah, I'm tooting my own horn a little. I was proud of the FTF & the way the story evolved. :P:)

Edited by gridlox
My favorite all round logs are by Oregone

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx?ul=oregone

Thanks for posting the link!

Someone had posted a link to him before and I sat and read his post for 4 hours straight.

I forgot to bookmark him, so I could go back.

But I had also forgot his name, what the post "where the link was posted" was about, and in which section of the forums it was.

Had to go out of town the next day for business, so by the time I had a chance to get back on, I had forgot all about hunting for it.

I agree, very good post reading material!! :P

Bookmarked Now!! :rolleyes:

Thanks!

D-man :)

The problem with Oregone's logs is they are inappropriate for a family friendly sport.

Depending upon the age of the child, the youngsters just won't get it and for the older kids, it is a perfect parenting time opportunity to instill your family values on your children. I've got a 13 year old son and an 11 year old daughter, both hitting puberty at the same time it seems. It is hard to sit down and lecture them, but oh, doing it by way of casual conversation, that should work wonders.

I'll let you all know in 3 or 4 years if it worked... :- )

Paul

My first FTF and my first ?

Congratulations on your FTF! Nice log.

My first (ok, my only) FTF was also on a mystery cache. I was so excited about both the find and the circumstances that I wrote a log which was too big to upload to this site. So I had to post a shortened version of the log with a link to the full story on another site.

The basic idea with this cache is that the owner had lost a very special set of keys in the area (which he couldn't replace), so he put a cache there hoping somebody would be able to find his keys.

The cache is Lost Keys Cache, and

here's my log of the full story.

Call me a "Right Winger," or a "Religous nut," but this is my opinion.

Okay, Bill, you're a right-winger and a religious nut. (Hey, you asked for it. :laughing:)

Honestly. How many 5-year olds sit at the computer reading old logs on GC.com? I'd love to see more people posting logs as creative and utterly hilarious as Oregone, instead of the "TNLN thanks" logs that seem to be pervasive.

Oregone's logs are a stupid waste of space... if you are a frustrated pent up writer then start a Blog for cripe sake.... the logs have NOTHING to do with either the cache at hand or often even the sport in general. At least Gridlox' story was built upon the theme of the cache. Yes I'm a grouchy old coot... too bad! :unsure: