It's Not An Anorak It's A Travel Bug Race

Alibags

Can I just clarify one point.

The TB has to travel from Oz to UK (to a SP nominated cache) but it must set foot in another country en-route.

This country does not have to be specified.

Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland do not qualify as another country.

Eire does however.

If that is so I will have to remove Spain from my TB's aim.

Quick update, the final cache has been added to the rules and TB info page, plus the following Cachers are now listed on the race page (in no particular order):

Simply Paul

Globetrotter.uk

The Viking Rider

harold1066

SenseiTSKC

milvus-milvus

mattwaggie

Bekandian

Alibags

The Hokesters

Laughalot

big blue room

Cunning Planners

Bob Smith

bexybear

Sorry Bob, that one's a micro and not really suited to visits from 'bugs. Pick another?

Thought you might spot that ..... :rolleyes:

Ok ... better go for the one I enjoyed the most ... thats "The Other Muswell Hill (multi, mid box)"

Edited by JollyJax
Why is everybody heading for Hampdens Monument?  I reckon it's because it's SPs quickest cache and dash so they think that their TB will get there quicker! Just wait until I go and super glue the lid shut!!  :)

:huh::D

RULE 6.

No owner of any of the competing travel bugs may assist their own travel bug or interfere with the progress of anyone else's competing travel bug.

:laughing::):):D

Would everybody like to donate something into the prize fund? Either an entry fee or something else perhaps?

First prize : a night out with SP

second prize : two nights out with SP!!! :)

There is one very obvious way that one can cheat at this TB race lark, so I thought that the fame honour glory and kudos would be enough of an incentive, without any scope for complaining and flapping bottom lips!

If everybody WANTS a big shiney prize, I would happily donate something. UK geocoin perhaps? Let's see Bekandian match that... a years supply of Dhoop perhaps?!! (ps why is the dhoop fatter than the hole in the box? :) )

Hahahah Yea it can be can't it, you just have to crunch a little whilst trying not to break the stick :)

I'll match your geocoin with ... but wait a minute, since when did we become part of the organising team :)

How about 1 packet of dhoop sticks for each of the first 5 people through the finish cache :)

Oh and maybe a t-shirt with SP emblazened on it for the winner, or instead a shiny new TB tag!

Edited by Bekandian

I was joking about there being a prize. Having an official prize would mean needing an entry fee, and it then starts getting a bit complicated.

I think that the fame, honour, glory and kudos of having your TB travel half way round the world before anyone else would be the best prize of all.

Asking was also a way of getting the thread back to the top of the pile.

Also: What's Dhoop?

edit: read through the posting before you click 'post' Nick, that way there won't be too many spelling mistakes

Edited by NickPick

I hit my head on the pole too. You know, I bet SP planned that when he placed the cache! The fact that HM is a nice quick cache and dash is all very well, but it will be no consolation when your TB is stuck in Tasmania for months and months (nyeh nyeh nyeh).

Also, hello to Nellie's Knackers (nice!), yeah come on down, join in, you are most welcome, but please NOT Hampdens Monument (yawn).

Anyway, I will have superglued the lid soon. <_<

Edited by Alibags

It has to be posted to Bob Smith, who is journeying to the antipodes, carrying all the TBs. I will send you his snail mail address later (have not got it handy) or you could drop him a message via his profile (he has posted on this thread and there is another link on the first page somewhere). For obvious reasons, he doesn't want it put up on the public web site. Strange that! <_<

Don't forget to email me and/or Bekandian with the TB details so we can add them to the race web page http://dontgohere.nu/caching/tb-race.htm

I have specified Steaming Mires as nominated cache, now being a micro it obviously won't fit in but I have specified on the travelbug page to log it in and out and place in a cache other than the final target so as not to get put in the target cache by the same person.

Does anybody have a problem with this?, if so I'll change the nominated cache.

At least it's not Hampdens Monument!

I would like to enter my Tb for this race (have tired 30 times to post this so i hope it finally works)

Name of TB - Loster Green

Tb code - TBF068

Cache aiming for - Getting Wood

Hope this is ok, please send me the address to send tb to!