It's Not An Anorak It's A Travel Bug Race

Alibags

Just activated our TB for the race

TBHJ5K TwoBats to fly to Canalamania 5 - Ghost Train

Glow-in-the-dark plastic to fit with the theme, and two stuck together to fit our TB theme.

Good luck everybody and thanks to the organisers :lol:

Can't be bothered to read through all the posts. This may already have been covered

What is the procedure for placing the bugs. I suggest that the easiest way is for the owners to log them into othe final SP cache and then I will 'pick them up' when I deposit them in OZ.

The pile of bug s getting bigger by each morning morning post!!

Everyone who has sent a bug to me should have had an acknowledgment by email

Bob

Good going. The list of participants is now getting long enough to make it nice and interesting. Thanks to all who have entered so far. I reckon we will have to organise an event to celebrate the end of the race, when it eventually ends, and buy the lucky winner lots of drinks (Green chartreuse, bols, creme de methe, appletise and other green drinks only, naturally!).

I've just been checking numbers 1742 bst on 5th There are 27 total listed and I've got just 14.

What surprises me is that some have no identification tag attached to them.

Anyone picking them up has no idea what it's about or more importantly what the bug wants to do.

I know the aim is on the webpage, but for my own part I download GPX files and don't look at the TB pages. It's in participant's own interests to put an aims tag on the bug. One bug actually has tick boxes on its tag so anyone picking it up can see what needs to happen next.

Please don't leave it to the last minute :(

Bob

:D:D :D :D:D

Mines on its way to you Bob ... good old fashioned Jiffy Bag and lots of brown packing tape ... feel free to keep the tape mate :D

Tag in place and all explained.

Saw a certain lady with a bag full of bugs today ... thats probably where the rest are ....

:(:D:D:D:(

Edited by JollyJax
One bug actually has tick boxes on its tag so anyone picking it up can see what needs to happen next.

Tick boxes?! I bet that's one of the Hampden's Monument gang! :ph34r:

Now, where's my large tube of superglue?! :lol:

Whatever gave you that impression? ;)

Sounds like a very efficient cacher, trying to be as helpful as possible to his fellow cacher's that may stumble upon his/her fine TB. :D

Now what did I tell you about that superglue? rule 2 wasn't it :laughing:

Have my TB all activated and ready to go - just waiting on address from Bob and it will be on it's way.

TB Number TBHOWM

TB Name: Oscar Octopus

SP Target Cache Buckinham Bumble

Look forward to the fun contimuing when the race begins.

Many thanks one and all for sorting this out.

Laughalot :blink:

Excellent :)

It's just Bob Smith and The Hokesters who are on the list and still to activate then.

6 days to go! :D

This reminds me of the builder anomaly: It's usually the builder's home that is last to be completed.

Is it the same for Bob's TB and does it mean that Bob's will finish 1st?

does it mean that Bob's will finish 1st?

Bob's will finish first if he "forgets" to put it in a cache in Oz, and drops it in europe on the way back! :):D

He's got more time to finish making his bug than the rest of us - he won't have to finish it until he's out there. I just posted mine this lunchtime.

Actually there's a little more to it than that :)

I have 3 peoples race TBs in my mitts at the moment, which I have to give to Bob (along with ours which isn't actually finished yet, as we're having Armadillo problems). I also have Bob's TB tag and part of his TB :D

So, until I hand all the stuff over (this weekend I hope) he can't do the TB :D

Bekie

:D

Actually there's a little more to it than that :)

I have 3 peoples race TBs in my mitts at the moment, which I have to give to Bob (along with ours which isn't actually finished yet, as we're having Armadillo problems). I also have Bob's TB tag and part of his TB :D

So, until I hand all the stuff over (this weekend I hope) he can't do the TB :D

Bekie

:D

Will you go to any lengths ....... ?

Will you go to any lengths ....... ?

To replace the Armadillo I now don't have for my TB by Sunday ... yepp quite a few lengths.

To win the race ... nope none, as I'm not really bothered what position we finish in, just doing it for the fun to be honest :)

All race TBs in my possession will be given to Bob this Sunday.

Edited by Bekandian

:) He wasn't able to get here in time for Saturday :D

Yea, the photo on the TB page is a mock up :D However the description tag part is real, and he would have looked like that.

Need to source out a new one by Sunday, so he may or may not look the same, but either way he'll still be called Tank :D

Bump!

Not long to go now, so if you have a spare TB tag and anything with even the most tenuous link to this theme, now's the time to get a TB made and posted to Bob!

Don't forget, you can follow the adventures of the *many* wacky racers on the official web site (with thanks to Bekie of bekandian for setting it up): http://dontgohere.nu/caching/tb-race.htm

All credit to Alibags, Bob Smith and all other drunken comedians involved for coming up with this silly idea and having the gumption to put it into effect too!.

Good luck, god speed and I hope my one wins :D

SP

For *all* sorts of plastic animals, try your local Early Learning Centre. It's an Ark for injection moulded plastic!

SP

That's where we had all our's from except the one for this race, the only green things they had left we two really large crocodiles :D

Spent quite a bit of time today looking for a replacement tank, but to no avail. So we have broken out the reserve, which we were a little hesitant to use as it's a limited edition "Bang on the Door" Armadillo.

But, the main thing is... He's ready to go!

If you can get your bug to Bob Smith by Tuesday morning, no problem.

If you can, we'll add it to the race page once Bob has grabbed it.

TB dispatched by express courier (ie internal business post) hope it gets there in time otherwise its onto plan B of hunting down TB's. Tyrannid shall change the page if you send me the details or when i get time to read the rest of this thread.