It's Not An Anorak It's A Travel Bug Race

Alibags

do we know which cache the starting cache is?

would quite like to watchlist it

Bob's going to have a job finding enough caches to distribute 28 TBs!

If you check the Official race webpage, when any bugs are placed, it'll show where they've been placed (with links I believe), so you can then watch those caches.

The website is updated every 6 hours, so the only way to find out sooner is to add all 28 bugs to your watchlist.

Friday morning in Oz.

The TBs all cleared customs yesterday without any problems :D We are suffering a bit of jet lag.

Hope to start getting some of the bugs placed this weekend, depends on getting transport. Probably take about a week to get all of them placed, the pile is quite large and it's going to take a few caches to place them all.

Bob

I managed to dream about the race last night!

Mine was one of two to make it back to UK first. Needless to say it did not get home first though, so deciding that I did not like this dream I woke up.

Edited by 2202
Friday morning in Oz.

The TBs  all cleared customs yesterday without any problems <_<  We are suffering a bit of jet lag. 

Hope to start getting some of the bugs placed this weekend, depends on getting transport.  Probably take about a week to get all of them placed, the pile is quite large and it's going to take a few caches to place them all.

Bob

LISTEN!..........

Is that an accent I can detect?

Friday morning in Oz.

The TBs  all cleared customs yesterday without any problems <_<  We are suffering a bit of jet lag. 

Hope to start getting some of the bugs placed this weekend, depends on getting transport.  Probably take about a week to get all of them placed, the pile is quite large and it's going to take a few caches to place them all.

Bob

LISTEN!..........

Is that an accent I can detect?

Sorry, can't hear a thing over that didgeridoo music...

And we have a leader.  Phillimore Clan's "It's a Jumper" moves into the lead with a distance of 4.4 miles!

On a side note, This thread is getting a bit long.  Perhaps we should start a new thread for race progress?

Heh mines not even racing yet. B)B)

Declare a false start :D

Stewards inquiry please :o

Only joking BTW

edit to add if we want a long running thread it may be best to move into the travel bug forum. The threads move slower and race updates seem to be quite common.

Edited by markandlynn

Don't get me started on BT! It's been 3 days now!!!

On the phone to BT at the moment, but the connection 'should' be back up by the end of the day. Pffff.. not at all happy, as it's impacting on work.

Plus it's so annoying as I spent quite a bit of time doing the Race Page, the race starts, and connection into my server goes down.

B)B):D:o

As soon as the connection is back, I'll post another note.

Bekie.

(not a happy bunny right now)

i wasnt blaming you bekandian !..the blame rests firmly with bt..race page sabatours ! hehe

heh ;) You might be on to something there.

OK, I have an update from the head of the faults team.

It would seem our connection circuit has somehow been re-sold to another customer, they have admitted fault and it was a big cock up on their part.

They are currently sorting it out and have given us a guarentee that it will be up by tomorrow evening. The connection in question is actually my companies connection and they've had both myself and our CEO blasting at them most of the day, so they're definitely on the case.

I'll update you all when there's more news.

Thank you for you patience :unsure:

Ian

It would seem our connection circuit has somehow been re-sold to another customer, they have admitted fault and it was a big cock up on their part.

That's the first time I've heard of gazumping on a broadband connection! Perhaps BT are selling it to the highest bidder?

I had a good caching day on Monday. Visited some spectacular cache sites, but unfortunately the containers although excellent are not very big. :yikes:

Note for anyone else carrying quantities of race bugs, it's easier to find homes for them if they are small.

I've now managed to place all but four. Sorry but it may be a week or so before these get placed. One of them, 'Nemo for Noli' has just got to go into GCJYWA and perhaps may have travelling companion, sad really, grown people behaving like this!

I had hoped to put some into GCGBAV to join 'It's a jumper' but the box was full. :unsure:

If it's any consolation to those whose bugs haven't moved yet they've actually gone further than 'It's a jumper' as that was the first placed and all the bugs have travelled around the placing caches with me, there's no way I'm logging twenty odd bugs in and out of caches :laughing:

Bob

Mission completed at last! :rolleyes: I can now stop worrying about finding room for the TBs, it was a close thing though. Had to remove another Tb from the last cache to make room for Alibags' SP lookalike!

I've got a number of piccies which I'll sort out and post.

There should hopefully be some visitors from the south soon as the Sydneysiders travel north for the winter.

Bob

Thank you Bill. Much appreciated especially how you handled my last minute rush.

What we need now is a little side bet

so

No of countries visited by the winning bug

Total mileage of winning bug

No of caches visited by winner

Length of time taken to win

Ill bet a nice McDonalds toy ill leave it in a cache for the winner :rolleyes: