Anyone For A Quiz?

rutson

This will please mongoose :blink:

It took about 30 seconds just to read this question:

When Charles IV of France died without a son, I decided to claim the throne for myself, as my mother was Charles' sister. I had several successes in battle, even marching to the gates of Paris. I laid siege to Calais for 11 months. When the town finally surrendered, I was rather upset and had planned to slaughter the populace. I then offered to spare the town if six prominent citizens offered their lives. However, my wife, Philippa, convinced me to spare the men's lives. A truce with France was called. Even though I conquered Normandy, my dream of being King of France was never realized. Though popular at first with the people, the increased taxation due to my many wars caused my popularity ratings to drop precipitously. Some say I lapsed into senility when my beloved Philippa died. I fell under the influence of my wife's lady-in-waiting, Alice Perrers. My son, the Black Prince, predeceased me, so when I died, my ten year old grandson took the throne. Who am I?

And then I picked the wrong answer. Had it right but changed my mind. Always go with your hunch... I should know better.

a.

Edited by SlytherinAlex

Wouldn't be half bad if all the answers were correct. What about this one:

History : British History V (British History)

Around how many people TOTAL were involved with the war?

2 million

1 million

It would have been nice to know which war they were talking about.

Answers on a postcard......

Edited by SlytherinAlex

Trying to answer as quickly as possible gets stuffed when you're faced with a question like this one...

"He was a promising Staff Officer, he transferred to the Panzer Arm before the outbreak of the war and was appointed Chief of Staff to Reichenau in the Tenth and later Sixth Army. In May 1940, he became Deputy Chief of the General Staff under Halder and then in January 1942, replaced Reichenau, who had been promoted to Army Group South, as Commander of the Sixth Army. His advance to Stalingrad culminated in his investment in the city in November and, when relief force nearly reached him in December (Operation Winter Storm) he decided that his orders from Hitler prevented him from breaking out to meet him. He was forced to surrender on 30 January 1943, having been promoted to Field Marshal the previous day."

Time for a guess me thinks...

I suspect he'll be even more pleased when he displaces you from the No.1 slot... ;)

Well it won't be long now. Two questions today with the wrong answers and two that were total gibbersish.

British History VIII (British History)

When some fisherman brought James back to London, what happened?

He was hanged.

He was basically ignored and told to go to the coast.

He took back the city with forces he gathered on the way.

William died before he got there.

==================================

British History VIII (British History)

What claim was made concerning James' child?

James wasn't the father.

He was a Catholic plant and his wife hadn't even given birth to him.

The son was actually a daughter.

The child was a Jewish plant.

=================================

James? Who the hell is James????

Bat and Ball time for me..... :tired:

Managed to score a zero today, as the quiz server couldn't find any questions when I logged on but started the clock anyway, so by the time I returned and answered my questions later(only got 3 correct) my time had cancelled out the correct answers, so nil point!!

This question made me chuckle last night:

This village is located in the Peak District National Park, and rests high atop the White Peak plateau. Also found in this village is the Church of All Saints and the Duke of York Pub. What is the name of this village?

Etwall

Elton

Edensor

Eckington

Needless to say I got the wrong answer. :):):)

This question made me chuckle last night:

This village is located in the Peak District National Park, and rests high atop the White Peak plateau. Also found in this village is the Church of All Saints and the Duke of York Pub. What is the name of this village?

Etwall

Elton

Edensor

Eckington

Needless to say I got the wrong answer. :D:):)

....sheeesh!

I never get easy ones :)