First To Find Prizes

I have found a gift certificate to a local mall works well.

Silver dollars seem to get grabbed up quickly..

Certificates are fun to collect.

We even have some local cachers who created military dog tags with the name of the cache and between 1 - 10 of them numbered. It is neat to see at an event who brings how many dogtags from what caches..

A couple of local teams create T-Shirts with logo's and statements..

Anyways, just a few of our local ideas...

Here are some of mine:

Geocaching Patches

Unregistered Travel Bugs

Logic Board Game (new)

Coffee Shop Certificates (Starbucks Cards) -- I sometimes "sneak" these into caches as a "next to find prize"

I like to try and "theme" them as well. Can you guess which one above was for the "Coffee Cache"?

I'd really like to create a signature item sometime.

we just put our first cache out and left a Unregistered Travel Bug for a FTF prize. The first 3 cachers kept chaniging the name to second then third then fourth since they already had some out there. it became a Fourth To Find prize at that point. The fourht finders were happy since they were new and actually going to buy one. not that expensive but hopefully someone will get alot of miles out of it.

Here's what I've left for FTF prizes at my caches:

N8S GeoAdventure, Gerber multi-tool.

LXS GeoAdventure, a Maglite.

Echo Point, a pair of FRS radios.

River Bluff, a Greenman geocoin for the first finder and Joy of Geocaching coins for the second and third finders.

Echo Point II, a Joy of Geocaching coin.

Schultz Park, another Joy of Geocaching coin.

Quincy Park, Alabama geocoin.

Little John, Greenman geocoin.

Big John, another Greenman geocoin.

Even though I have 100+ finds, I still feel like a newby here. I have 2 approved caches and awaiting approval for one I placed 24 hours ago.

I've browsed the forum recently and gotten some ideas for ftf prizes. I love the idea of the engraved dog tags and I saw some patches in another thread that I think would be nice to use.

Something I'm considering making is a t-shirt for the ftf, but then again there's the size issue for the cacher. Maybe I could advise of a FTF prize and mail it to them or meet them somewhere. I would make a iron on transfer with my printer with the cache name or the cache page on it with FTF added in some way.

Any feedback on the t-shirt idea?

Out in the hills of Northern California I always carry a bandana in my pack. I get new ones at WalMart and sign them FTF "cache name" and date placed. That way it will be with the cacher as they travel.

Other items have been wooden train whistles, wooden domino sets, all signed with the name of the cache.

I always sign them: Carpe Diem, Carpe Geocachiem. . .MtnMike

I could use the opionion of different cachers. I am working on a series of caches and as a FTF bonus for finishing I am going to get a Tshirt with a list of "you might be a geocacher" with FTF in large letters and the name and location on the front. I have compiled a list of over 80 different if's and would like to narrow it down to 15 to 25. If you are willing to help with this please go to the following web page. I have a link to my email and your opion is needed. Thank you inadvance to all who help.

KIDATHEART

http://www.geocities.com/redwingcarrick4/25listtobe.html