Cache Idea

traeumer

I’m going to be making a fun cache either called “storyboard” or “it’s a group thing…” in a week or two, and I’d love your input. The goal of the cache is to get cachers to create a unique story as part of claiming a cache “find.” I’ll have the story started on the cache website, and update it as cachers add more to the story.

The first step will be for cachers to pick up one or more slips of paper with miscellaneous words on them from the cache. The next step will be for each cacher to write at least one paragraph including those words; as I said before, the short paragraph will be a continuation from the previous paragraph/overall story. If I’m lucky the story will be interesting, or at least entertaining. :cool:

Please submit words that are either 1) your favorite, 2) just plain weird, or 3) obscure. Feel free to submit as many words as you want or to submit other ideas to make the cache interesting. All word submissions should be PG since kids should also be able to contribute.

I’ll be taking ideas over the next week & then submit the cache for approval around Christmas time. I’ll post the link here when the cache is approved. Thanks!

TOP 10 WORDS OF 2004

The top 10 words of the year based on searches of Merriam-Webster Web sites.

1. blog

2. incumbent

3. electoral

4. insurgent

5. hurricane

6. cicada

7. peloton

8. partisan

9. sovereignty

10. defenestration

Also a few from the American Dialect Society

freegan

manscaping

tofurkey

flexitarian

apatheist

virtuecrat

Wulf

Just wanted to let you know that my friend has developed an interesting spin-off of the ‘Storyboard: Nebit the Gnome’ cache. If you go to his cache, you can pick up several items with which you can play a fun game called, RPG: Nebit the Gnome. If you’re not able to get to his cache, you can still play the game. Just go to this web page (GCP2ER) (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=da510da0-3366-43af-b45b-8936670b47ea) and download the necessary documentation. Feel free to join the yahoo forum and to submit stories, questions, and comments. Hope you enjoy the game! <_<

~Rick

Edited by traeumer