Caches Worth Planning A Trip Around

Where would YOU send 'em?

I can answer that question in two words: Roman Forum! You are in the center of one of the greatest cities in Western Civilization, surrounded by history, a few feet from where they creameted Caesar, and you can find a cache! And a regular sized one with TB's, not just a micro! The Colleseum is just down the way, the Temples of Saturn and Diana are nearby, and a few other worthy landmarks are within walking distance. Besides the history, artwork, architecture, and culture there's some pretty amazing food, wine, and don't get me started about the gelato (italian ice cream). :rolleyes::lol::lol:

Oh and if you are into religion there's a nearby virtual or two you might want to visit. :lol:

If I could, I would travel to this one.

Dang! Dagg beat me to Quantum Leap. I've decoded the dead drop by brute force. Now just need the time to do it. Its only about 15 miles from my house to the dead drop, but that is just the start of the adventure. I feel lucky to be so near a great cache that others would travel miles just to visit.

A small group of us are "whispering" about doing This Cache sometime this spring or summer. Ya gotta love caches that require two days to get just one smily face! :laughing:

Salvelinus

That one looks great! I think it will go on my list of caches to do in the spring or summer since I like to camp in Missouri and can get there in a day's drive. Plus I have been wanting an excuse to get an overnight pack. :)

You'd be hard pressed to improve on the Canadian Rockies for any reason, let alone this cache, worth the trip to hike up the mountain (although as the cache page says, there's a 1-star alternative to enjoy this cache as well). Once you're in the area, explore Banff, Lake Louise, Jasper, Edmonton, and Calgary.

-Dave R. in Biloxi, noted cachin' Canada-phile

If I could, I would travel to this one.

There's lots of other great caches in the Armpit of the Universe. Don't make my cache the only reason to come here.

As for me, I'm planning a trip to Geowoodstock III and I may go wayyyy outta the way to do Tube Torcher :( on that trip.

I also plan on going outta my way to make a pilgrimage to the Original Stash Plaque. Maybe on my 2005, or '06, vacation. :blink:

i would really like to check out crete greece once agian. the last time i was there i did mountaneering on the somalian gorge and got a chance to explore the palace of knosos.. that palace would be a helluva virtual cache. there in are aqueducts, and interesting architectual features including fully funtional ancient toilets that would amaze you how they work.

regards

archie

As for me, I'm planning a trip to Geowoodstock III and I may go wayyyy outta the way to do Tube Torcher  :( on that trip.

Tube Torcher is in a beautiful part of our country in Western North Carolina.

However due to the rather unique nature of this quest you may not see as much of the scenery as you want to. If you are traveling to the Hendersonville Area be sure to do the other nearby 5/5 High Water for a challenge with scenery and views, and Jump Off for pure OMG panoramic vistas.

You'd be hard pressed to improve on the Canadian Rockies for any reason, let alone this cache, worth the trip to hike up the mountain (although as the cache page says, there's a 1-star alternative to enjoy this cache as well). Once you're in the area, explore Banff, Lake Louise, Jasper, Edmonton, and Calgary.

-Dave R. in Biloxi, noted cachin' Canada-phile

This is where I'm located and have been lucky to travel the area (pre-geocaching though) when I lived at the bottom of the mountain you mention.

I've enjoyed reading some of the entries here -- it seems to be that 5/5 and particularly clever caches are those that get people interested in traveling.

I also plan on going outta my way to make a pilgrimage to the Original Stash Plaque. Maybe on my 2005, or '06, vacation. :P

Ha! We checked that one off our list a few weeks ago! :P

Ed & Julie

21ee7c4c-90b3-4cf4-9ce5-362da2087096.jpg

I was lucky enough to be able to do that one in July after only 5 months of caching at the time. I have relatives in So WA and I talked them into (relunctantly) drivng me over while I was visiting on vacation.

Hmmmm, caches I would like to travel to....I suppose the oldest active cache, in Kansas, would be a good one....

If you are at Mingo Cache and have a wireless connection on your laptop you can log the cache right from the site. Don't know who the network belongs to but my laptop connected just fine.

Edited by webscouter.