I've Done A Very Bad Thing

luvmybostonterrier

Well, yesterday I bought my Garmin Legend and spent the entire day figuring out how to use it. Today, my husband and I hit the trails and started caching. The bad thing? I think I have caused an addition in myself and my husband. We had a great time and found something we can do together (still newlyweds, can you tell?). We ended the day when he decided that he should have his own GPS.

I offer you my deepest condolences. Soon you will be irreversibly immersed in this sport and will be unable to think about anything else. Your friends will think you're insane. You'll spend all your money on nifty hiking gear and gasoline to get you to caches in other areas.

The more caches you find, the more addicted you'll be and the more money you'll spend. I just bought a Jeep so I can get those caches way out in the hills. :)

Welcome to the game! I'm sure you'll have a blast!

My wife and I started out the same way ... our first night out was on a whim, something we decided to go out and try instead of sitting on the couch watching reruns of CSI on SpikeTV. We did the first three we'd written down and drove like bank robbers back to the house to try and do three more before the sun went down.

Now our lives revolve around it. The back seat of the truck is littered with dead batteries and empty water bottles, we have topo maps and cache print outs spread out across the dining room table, we don't go more than a few hours without checking the forums and newest caches ... it's a little ridiculous.

Our friends think we all need to seek help, until we get them to come along that is and then they're hooked as well!

But we're just like you two. Caching got us off the couch, away from those boring nights playing solitaire on the computer and watching television. Got us a sort that both of us love together.

..I think I have caused an addition in myself and my husband.  We had a great time and found something we can do together...

That's one way to celebrate a find!

Congratuations on the future member of your family!

LOL... "Addition"... that's what I thought she meant as well. And here I was thinking I need to add that to my geocaching repetoire!!!

I offer you my deepest condolences. Soon you will be irreversibly immersed in this sport and will be unable to think about anything else. Your friends will think you're insane. You'll spend all your money on nifty hiking gear and gasoline to get you to caches in other areas.

The more caches you find, the more addicted you'll be and the more money you'll spend. I just bought a Jeep so I can get those caches way out in the hills. :(

Welcome to the game! I'm sure you'll have a blast!

Aint that the truth, especially the gasoline part!!

See what happens, now she has to find one on the way to work. O, how I wish there WAS one to find on the way to work.

Greetings! I just got my newest toy and I am having a blast with it! I can't wait to get going on my first adventure this weekend. Silly me, I thought I was buying a GPS to make aerial navigation easier!

Geocaching by airplane....unique! Hard to trade that way, I imagine, and signing the log may take two passes. :(

It started out as some thing we could do together. I had an older etrex that I had bought to carry in my survival vest. After the first couple of days we decided that we needed a new GPSr but couldn't just buy one Rose needed one also. We haven't gone any were since with out looking to see how many Geocaches are in the area. Right now I'm down in San Diego and have introduced three new people to Geocaching and one has all ready bought a GPS. It seems like we need to get some thing new about every couple of weeks, first it was some Travel Bugs, a while later some U.S. Geocoins, then some decent trade items, finally our own custom wooden nickels that we we're able to log on Travelertags.com. Just when we thought we were all set, they decided to make a Washington State Geocoin that we just had to have.