The Workin' Man - Cache Theme

fly46

Okay, I want to do a cache with the initial theme being items relating to the working man. (Hey, I just got a job, why not let me celebrate?) I don't care if the cache stays on theme, but I want the initial contents to all relate.

Problem being that I'm not sure what all I could put in it to make it theme related. I know I could get anything that delt with money - money note pads, dollar magnets, etc - but I don't know what else I could put in the cache....

Any suggestions?

Office supplies, yeah thats it, a Red Swingline Stapler.

milton_holds.jpg

Hmm... If I'm going along with this should I also add suspenders complete with 17 pieces of flare?

lol. Sorry.. I had to. I love that movie!

A Hammer, Joe? Is that safe if you come around and find it? Actually, better yet... Want to help me hide it?

Nah, wrong direction.  You need a Ford Tough Truck. Workin' gloves. Wire cutters.

This is along the lines I was thinking with the title "Workin' Man".

Work gloves

Lineman's pliers

Bandana/hankerchief

I'd use one of those large, black lunchboxes - the kind where the thermos goes in the top part. You'd have to hide it someplace sheltered from the elements, though, as I doubt you could water-proof if.

Sure would be happy to help you hide it Fly but will you be able to find it, just kidding, anytime just give me a holler …………. JOE

My ability to find caches is (mostly) directly related to my mood.

Today, right now, bad cache mood, not going caching.

Furthermore, I would be hiding with your guidance, not with my back turned as you place my cache.

Despite you being a dork, I'll email you momentarily.

Oh, by the way, The Bell Jar got returned to me... in pieces. Aparently they had gone through the container first and then took it with them because over half of the stuff in it is missing and the stuff that was left was opened and trashed. You know how much stuff was in there when you found it. All that was left was the shower cap (taken out of it's box), the Tennessee Wildlife thing, open completely, the travel bug was miraculously still in there, but the chain was taken off the car and the tag and all three pieces were laying separately.... Unfortunately a traveler tag that I put in the cache is missing, as is the log book, the pen I had with it, and just about everything else. I would have been very happy if the log book the traveler and the bug were there and nothing else. I'm kinda sad that the logbook is gone.

I'm not sure if kids at the bus stop plundered it first (although why was the toy car still there) or if the maintenance people took anything in there that they thought was cool after they found it.

What do you think? Should I re-hide it or archive it and think up something different

For a working man cache, le'see...

tape measure

wire cutters

truck stuff (Ford/Chevy keychains, etc.)

Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson et al tapes

...basicly anything having to do with construction and related trades. These are the fields of a working man. Anyone else is a working stiff, bean counter or a pen pusher.

Oh, I'd also say that some PBR or "Natti Ice" wouldn't do you wrong. Even though it isn't allowed in caches.