North West Meet

mongoose39uk

Having spoken to a few of the newer cachers around the Manchester area I was wondering if it was about time for another North West meet.

Chuddy has expressed that he would like to meet some other cachers though I know he has met at least one other apart from myself (twice).

Gary (Inukshuk) did an excellent job of organising the last one, but he is away up to Scotland soon to get some education.

So any suggestions (clean one's please :blink: ) welcomed and more importantly any volunteers to organise it?

Cheers

Tony

Well, how about meeting where we met for our "Farewell to Summer" meet last year?

Hare & Hounds pub, Werneth Low, Hyde

N 53° 25.842 W 002° 03.875

Farewell To Summer

It is a superb venue and was enjoyed by all last year. It is the venue where we northerners met the Great Eckington for the first time and of course Cave Troll & Joan made their first public appearance!! :blink::huh:

Hyde is near Stockport so is central for a great many in the North, Midlands and Wales as well. :huh:

Right, that's the venue sorted now how about the date? :o

What about the weekend of 16/17 or 23/24 October?

Sat 23rd October you reckon? :blink: Right sorted - I'll post the event cache (when we've all decided)!! :o

Cheers!

Seasider

Well, how about meeting where we met for our "Farewell to Summer" meet last year?

Hare & Hounds pub, Werneth Low, Hyde

N 53° 25.842 W 002° 03.875

Farewell To Summer

It is a superb venue and was enjoyed by all last year. It is the venue where we northerners  met the Great Eckington for the first time and of course Cave Troll & Joan made their first public appearance!!  :blink:  :huh: 

Hyde is near Stockport so is central for a great many in the North, Midlands and Wales as well.  :huh: 

Right, that's the venue sorted now how about the date?  :o

What about the weekend of 16/17 or 23/24 October?

Sat 23rd October you reckon?  :blink:  Right sorted - I'll post the event cache (when we've all  decided)!!  :o

Cheers!

Seasider

Well volunteered!

Cheers

Tony

Woh, hold your horses everyone, I've got an idea! I've got an unusual multi planned for the Lymm area. This could be launched in conjunction with this event meeting. If someone would be willing to take control of the event I'll work with you and also finish setting up the cache. I'm in the area this weekend if you would like to meet up in Lymm and recce a suitable PH?

Make sure it is cask, guys!  :lol:

Don't beg for keg!  :)  :)

Datewise I'd prefer the weekend earlier than I suggested above as I'll be off to London the weekend of the 23/24th Oct now!

Cheers!

Seasider

John would I choose a pub with no Cask?

Oh and I think we will aim for the earlier date so the OAP cacher (sorry John) can make it as well?

Cheers

Tony

Any chance of a Sunday rather than a Saturday? As some of us have to work on Saturdays :laughing:

The day may be dictated by the availability of the venue.

We have visited the potential venue and checked that it's Cask (note to Seasider- two guest ales).

Good food, just got to check with the Landlord then we should be away.

Cheers

Tony :lol:

Hi all,

I have now spoken to the Landlady at the Church Green Hotel in Lymm, Cheshire. They are happy to set asside an area of the pub from 1.30 on the 16th of October.

So subject to our wonderfull reviewers approval (creep, creep) it looks like we have a go.

Thanks to Pyoung1s and Lizzardman for helping with the very hard task of cheking the suitability of the venue on Saturday Night.

Cheers

Tony

I recommend the Steak & Ale Pie. Yum, yum, delicious!

I'm cracking on with my multi covering the whole of the Lymm Dam park area so hands off you lot! That should keep everyone occupied for a hour or so on the day. (Notice the use of the word occupied, not necessarily amused!) :wacko:

Anyone else want to set up some regular caches in the area? Please co-ordinate with Tony.

Well the Creeping seems to have worked.

Our kind reviewer Eckington has released the Event upon us all.

Now I have just noticed something

The co-ordinates of the pub the last three figures are 666.

Any comment from the Prince of Darkness? :wacko:

The real Mongoose has returned>

Edited by mongoose39uk