Improved Export From Gsak To Memory Map

roolku

Okay have followed the thread and decided to have a go. Downloaded all that was required, plced the bits in the GSAK directory and ran the export and get the following message:

Error occurred while parsing command line.

Code 0xc000006c

Parameter name “and” must be followed by an “=” character

Any clues anyone?

The leading slash causes problems with cachemate but is the only way to stop MM from changing the path, there is a modified version of the cachemate exe file that sorts it but it's not the one in the normal release of cachemate, I can email it to anyone that needs it, hopefully the next version will get round it somehow.

It is now downloadable on the smittyware website

Okay have followed the thread and decided to have a go. Downloaded all that was required, plced the bits in the GSAK directory and ran the export and get the following message:

Code 0xc000006c

Any clues anyone?

Send me an email and I will forward you some configuration documentation

Code 0xc000006c

Any clues anyone?

Send me an email and I will forward you some configuration documentation

Thank you Moote, email sent via the web site

my problem is now that the capoint waypoint codes are different to the ones exported by the script - cachemate id GC xml script is ym,tm,mm,tu and such like so the paths don't work

any suggestions

I don't follow what you mean. Can you supply more info, and I will look at it (as will Moote probably).

Are you running the latest copy of Cachemate (1.1.1) ?

If you tap and hold the icon in Memory Map (on the PPC), and select "Properties", what is in the box labelled "File". It should be \cmate:GCXXXX (XXXX being the GC number).

Let us know anything that seems relevant.

I just get a error

cmate:TRM788

cannot find 'cmate:TRM788' ( or one of its components). make sure the path and filename are correct and all the required libraries are available.

HELP!

1) Have you the latest version of cachemate installed, as this indicates that it can't find cachemate.

2) I don't know why "GC" has been replaced with "TR", more info needed.

the only thing I can think is its changing on the export

a68935fc-501a-4227-b009-ed667c860b75.jpg

Use the following in the Waypointname you export from GSAK to import into Cachemate

%typ1%con1%drop2%notGC%code

been there done that still coming out tm ect

for example

"\cmate:TMVND1"

"\cmate:VU242D"

"\cmate:YMR65Q"

"\cmate:YMQNFY"

"\cmate:TMWCB0"

"\cmate:MMPXG2"

"\cmate:TSPQXF"

"\cmate:YUTEMD"

"\cmate:MRPPT5"

"\cmate:TUGWYF"

"\cmate:TMTTQP"

"\cmate:TMPZFQ"

"\cmate:YMVGEC"

"\cmate:MSTPBD"

"\cmate:YMPM5D"

"\cmate:YLQN5Y"

"\cmate:TSVE2Q"

"\cmate:TMWDCE"

"\cmate:MSPT8X"

"\cmate:MRJMA6"

"\cmate:MRC083"

"\cmate:TRVCD1"

Use the following in the Waypointname you export from GSAK to import into Cachemate

for example

No Cachemate uses a GPX file, when you export the GPX, file to import into Cachemate, the waypoint name in that GPX export, has to be the same as the Custom Exports waypoint name.

Which is %typ1%con1%drop2%notGC%code

then the MM icons will see the record in the Cache Mate database, as it is looking up TM1234 etc and not GC1234

slightly off the current subject but thanks Moote, great help file, used it to set up and works a treat, even managed to tinker with the script to get it to link to the HTML files on the PDA, this is just excellent. Anyone new to this, like I was this morning, who would like the help file just PM me, it sorted me out.

I have the 'blue dot' motorway mayhem glitch, despite deleting the icons (from the GSAK ICONS file)

Any clues to finish this off for me from anyone, boy this forum is an excellent resource.

slightly off the current subject but thanks Moote, great help file, used it to set up and works a treat, even managed to tinker with the script to get it to link to the HTML files on the PDA, this is just excellent. Anyone new to this, like I was this morning, who would like the help file just PM me, it sorted me out.

I have the 'blue dot' motorway mayhem glitch, despite deleting the icons (from the GSAK ICONS file)

Any clues to finish this off for me from anyone, boy this forum is an excellent resource.

If you have over the limit of icons (100 I think) the PPC software will display any extra as the blue dot. I have not added the MM icon for that reason as the standard export script reaches the PPC MM limit.

If you have over the limit of icons (100 I think) the PPC software will display any extra as the blue dot. I have not added the MM icon for that reason as the standard export script reaches the PPC MM limit.

That is what I read in a previous log so I went into the GSAK>ICON file and deleted a load of the red icons (as I would filter the not availables during the pocket query download). Only have about 70 icons left so it cant be that or is there a different icon folder to delete from?

That is what I read in a previous log so I went into the GSAK>ICON file and deleted a load of the red icons (as I would filter the not availables during the pocket query download). Only have about 70 icons left so it cant be that or is there a different icon folder to delete from?

But how many icons are there on the PPC? Click on a mark, select properties and look at the list of available symbols. From memory the PPC application has 24 icons you cannot delete, so you can only have about 76 of your own.

But how many icons are there on the PPC? Click on a mark, select properties and look at the list of available symbols. From memory the PPC application has 24 icons you cannot delete, so you can only have about 76 of your own.

Ahh, correct LG. I have deleted all unnecessary icons but the export is still for the blue dots for the MM series. I have tried to edit the script to reduce all entries that relate to the deleted icons but no joy. Is it possible for someone to email me the script so I can see where I am going wrong?

Thanks

for example

You don't have container and type coming out in the code do you, it would probably fit the pattern, I just use 'waypoint name: %name' and 'waypoint description format: %name-%typ-%con' and it seems to work well.

Captain goretex if you email me your address from my profile I can attach a copy of the script I use that is set for cachemate.

I have the 76 generated by the script, plus the 23 built into MM that can't be deleted. That is the maximum number I think you can have on the PPC. I ignored the MM script for this reason. Whenever you export tothe PDA MM always adds those 23 to any custom icons you have.

Yep, got that bit so what |I did was edit the script by deleting the icon entries that were not for current caches, hoping that would solve it but my previous use of the script has put all the deleted icons already on the memory map program.

I 'think' what I need is some help to locate where in the memory map program on my laptop the icons are stored ( can't seem to find them) and a copy of a script that someone is using to that successfully uses the motorway mayhem icons, then I can see where I am going wrong.

Thanks

I have the 76 generated by the script, plus the 23 built into MM that can't be deleted. That is the maximum number I think you can have on the PPC. I ignored the MM script for this reason. Whenever you export tothe PDA MM always adds those 23 to any custom icons you have.

Yep, got that bit so what |I did was edit the script by deleting the icon entries that were not for current caches, hoping that would solve it but my previous use of the script has put all the deleted icons already on the memory map program.

I 'think' what I need is some help to locate where in the memory map program on my laptop the icons are stored ( can't seem to find them) and a copy of a script that someone is using to that successfully uses the motorway mayhem icons, then I can see where I am going wrong.

Thanks

Try deleteing userdata.mmo (my documents\map overlays or something) as I think that is where the extras are stored but you will lose any waypoints/tracks as well.

Thanks

Memory Map, Overlay menu, select Icons...

You can delete icons from here.

Thanks

But you can only delete custom icons from there, the 23 inherent to the MM program will remain whatever you do. The standard Memory Map script genrates 76, the MM program generates 23, which reaches the limit so if you run the Motorway Mayhem version of the script, some caches appear with only the blue dot which is the default when no icon is available.

The way round this is to adjust the standard script so that you lose a cache type, or do not get a different icon where there are TBs or whatever. An alternative would be that if you never want to see caches that are not available, or that you own, or have found, filter these out in GSAK and remove the relevant lines from the script and icons from MM.

Thanks

But you can only delete custom icons from there, the 23 inherent to the MM program will remain whatever you do. The standard Memory Map script genrates 76, the MM program generates 23, which reaches the limit so if you run the Motorway Mayhem version of the script, some caches appear with only the blue dot which is the default when no icon is available.

The way round this is to adjust the standard script so that you lose a cache type, or do not get a different icon where there are TBs or whatever. An alternative would be that if you never want to see caches that are not available, or that you own, or have found, filter these out in GSAK and remove the relevant lines from the script and icons from MM.

Just what I tried oh Learned Gerbil but to little effect, what I am after is a copy of a script someone has succesfully edited to permit this to take place, I am just but a novice at this editing of script and just require a little bit of a leg up if someone would be kind enough?

I can't see why it is worth all the trouble just to get the Motorway Mayhem icons. They are just ordinary caches with ordinary icons in real life!

As you put it like that, yes I guess you are right, just playing with pretty pictures! Going back to an unedited script and the blue dots. Thanks for bringing me back with a reality check!

I had a similar problem with the icons on the PDA despite deleting all of the icons which are not really used such as Virtual with TB, earthcache with TB, etc from the PC.

The only way I could get it to work was to uninstall MemoryMap from the PDA, the re-install it by the normal process from MM on the PC.

This syncronised all icons with what was on the PC version, and I now have all of the correct icons on the PDS, including CITO and Motorway Mayhem.

Hope this helps.

Adrian

Thanks to all of you who have helped me with this through forum posts and mailing me a script. I have now edited my script and the icons so that the MM icons come out on the PC and PPC and tapping on them take me to the HTML cache pages. Although I had edited the icons script and added the MM script changes as in the thread what I hadn't done was add in

<!-- motorway mayhem -->

<xsl:when test="contains(Groundspeak:cache/Groundspeak:name,'Motorway Mayhem') or contains(Groundspeak:cache/Groundspeak:name,'MOTORWAY MAYHEM')">

<xsl:text>MM</xsl:text>

</xsl:when>

It now works perfectly and is a great bit of kit. I doubt if anyone wants my crude attempts at an edited script but if you are having the same 'blue dot' and want it PM me until I can upload it to my website and you are welcome to it. (I haven't added the CITO icons as I can definately cope with them but once a year)

Thanks again

Hi there, I followed the instructions for MM and it works great, I get the icons ok on my ipaq and pc, the problem I have is that the links don't work on either. Rather than take me to the saved files it always tries to get me online to the GC.com site. Please help.... Max

Hi there, I followed the instructions for MM and it works great, I get the icons ok on my ipaq and pc, the problem I have is that the links don't work on either. Rather than take me to the saved files it always tries to get me online to the GC.com site. Please help.... Max

Send me an email and I will send my setup guide

Did anyone sort out a link to a site with the relevant scripts? This thread is impossible to navigate. I have been using the MM to HTML script, but would like to try the Cachemate one - I don't want MM icons - I just don't see the point, but I need a script that does not generate redundant icons so the icon limit in PPC is not exceeded. Where do I find the script?

anybody with a lending hand?

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong:

I loaded the ZIP-file and followed the instructions.

I got to custom export a file for Memory Map.

I now have the icons on Pocket Nav!

But when I double-click them, they don't lead me to CacheMate, but open a browser...?

I tried the custom-export for cachemate, but that doesn't seem to do anything (no file is being created in

C:\GSAKExports\) aside of my CacheMate stubbornly seems to be refusing any other way of getting it's

Waypoints aside of an Import thru a GPX/LOC-file on the device...

(The custom-export would create a .CSV-file?!?)

Even an export into a Cachemate-PDB-file from GSAK (just GSAKs standard export for it) would not load

on my PocketPC (list stays empty, even I tell it to display "ALL")

Also (and I thought I was reading about this here already?): how do I get it to display names within MM?

thx

V-I-cacher

anybody with a lending hand?

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong:

I loaded the ZIP-file and followed the instructions.

I got to custom export a file for Memory Map.

I now have the icons on Pocket Nav!

But when I double-click them, they don't lead me to CacheMate, but open a browser...?

I tried the custom-export for cachemate, but that doesn't seem to do anything (no file is being created in

C:\GSAKExports\) aside of my CacheMate stubbornly seems to be refusing any other way of getting it's

Waypoints aside of an Import thru a GPX/LOC-file on the device...

(The custom-export would create a .CSV-file?!?)

Even an export into a Cachemate-PDB-file from GSAK (just GSAKs standard export for it) would not load

on my PocketPC (list stays empty, even I tell it to display "ALL")

Also (and I thought I was reading about this here already?): how do I get it to display names within MM?

thx

V-I-cacher

Hi V-I-cacher

For the script to work with the Pocket PC version of Cachemate, you require the amended xsl file, I have a copy that I can email you.

PPC version of Cachemate imports the GPX file you create and does not use the GSAK Cachemate export.

Moote

Edited by Moote

I'm having some problems with this export.

I used it very successfully for over a year - but a hard drive died earlier this month, taking with it the set up I had previously used.

I set it up again, but now when I export to Memory Map, I have the same functionality ( which is great ) but now each cache name is preceded by letters such as TRKAJ7.

Can anyone help me as to what these letters are, and more importantly, can I get rid of them ?

Thanks in advance

civilised

I set it up again, but now when I export to Memory Map, I have the same functionality ( which is great ) but now each cache name is preceded by letters such as TRKAJ7.

Can anyone help me as to what these letters are, and more importantly, can I get rid of them ?

Melmur is correct, these denote the Cache Type and size, I find them really useful as you can see at a glance the type and size, if you want to get ride of them replace

With

%code

In the Waypoint name field in the GSAK export; but here is what I do, I actually use the line

In the Cachemate GPX Export, and when I send them to my GPS, then I can tie these up with Cachemate, Memory Map and GPS.

Moote

Had a look at that file, not as good as the MM one we currectly have :-(

Can anyone write (or convert) one for TomTom that has the same facilities as the one for MM please?

It would be nice to be able to export one file to TT that contains all your caching info (rather than 3) if that's possible?

WoodSmoke