Let’s All Do It With Carleen!

Criminal

No worries about finding another hike and we’re looking at it now. I was thinking of going back to the original plan of the three caches along the Tubal Cain Trail to Marmot Pass, but it might be better for you guys staying in Sea-Tac to do a cascades hike/cache.

On another issue, it has been brought to my attention that some of the more depraved readers of this thread found something suggestive in the title. :D The “it” we are going to do with Carleen is HIKE, not what your dirty minds first thought. ^_^ I don’t think she’d agree to fly all the hell way out to Seattle for that. So get your minds out of the gutter! :D:P:D:P

I am guessing that any search operation will be done by Saturday, but I figure if it isn't we can all meet at the trailhead and then decide where to go. There are other caches and hikes in the area. I hope we can do the planned one though. The two waterfalls and lake sound pretty cool.

Would anybody be willing to pick me up in Edmonds at the ferry? I'd be happy not to have to take my car across. I'll contribute my National Forest Pass, though...

Yep! Snickers! and I can swing that way for ya.

Wonderful!

So, if the the Snoqualmie Pass plan materializes, I'll try to get the 7.10 ferry, and arrive at 7.40 in Edmonds. Excellent!

Would anybody be willing to pick me up in Edmonds at the ferry? I'd be happy not to have to take my car across. I'll contribute my National Forest Pass, though...

Wonderful!

So, if the the Snoqualmie Pass plan materializes, I'll try to get the 7.10 ferry, and arrive at 7.40 in Edmonds. Excellent!

Assuming the boat will be on time, we could easily be as far as the Snoqualmie Pass by or just before 9 and a little creative driving would ensure it. :P

Mr. Hurlbut has been found alive but dehydrated.  (Seems as though there should be plenty of water up there)

Looks good for Saturday if the weather would just cooperate...

Don't tell me you are afraid of a little rain!

I can tell you about Caching in the Rain! Right Totem Lake?

And this time I will have a GPS with me thats still under warrenty just in case :P

EDIT: obligatory Lawyer Joke

Q: What do you call 4 lawyers jumping out of a skydiving plane?

SKEET

Edited by Right Wing Wacko

From KOMO News:

KING COUNTY - A happy ending to a search for a missing hiker.

George Hurlbut, who had been missing for five days in the Cascades near Denny Creek, was found alive and well Thursday afternoon. King County police say he is a bit dehydrated, but was otherwise OK.

Hurlbut has been lost since Sunday. He didn't tell anyone exactly where he was going. His wife called friends Sunday night concerned after he didn't check in, and coworkers became concerned when he didn't show up for work at Washington Mutual on Monday.

Those coworkers then formed their own search group and scoured all the parking lots around the popular hiking trailheads around I-90. They found Hurlbut's car on Tuesday but there was no sign of him, and the area is honeycombed with trails.

At the searches' peak, 150 searchers were looking for him, but there was no sign of him until he walked out of the woods near the North Bend McDonald's.

"He'd actually gone up on a high peak and started to head back," said George's brother Gary Hurlbut, who flew in from Los Angeles when he heard his brother was missing. "He thought he was going to take a shortcut out and he got caught up in the wrong way and headed out in the wrong direction and tried to find his way back. It was like 18 miles or so."

George Hurlbut credits his training in the Marines and his dedicated coworkers for surviving the five days out in the Cascade wilderness.

Doctors at Overlake Hospital say Hurlbut was in good condition but was going to be kept overnight there for observation.

Awesome! the hiker made it out. My friend John is a S and R guy, but up in Snohomish county. Criminal has met him...anyway, it is good to hear that the guy was able to survive. Boy NB McDonalds...quite a distance from where he started! I don't think he had a gps with him. I originally got my Summit for off trail hiking. It is way too easy to disoriented yourself out there.

Adena and I did Hadley Falls roughly a week ago and were glad we had marked the end of the road. On the way back we have overshot the road and too high, but once we got signal, the units got us back. Doesnt' replace map and compass, but they are nice to have.

Hiiiiiiiiiiiii Carleen!

My name is Miss Goody Two Shoes, but like ya know... you can call me Miss Shoes for short! :D

I TOTALLY love your Kewl avatar picture. C-U-T-E. You look like a nice girl. Like... what a response you have raised here. Lookie at the number of posts on this thread.

Now you boyz be nice to this girl! :D

Like you know Carleen..... I know you can probably take care of yourself... but may I suggest a T-O-T-A-L-L-Y appropreeeit shoe for this occasion?

This is a little "Boxing" hiker I have had to wear myself sometimes .... ya know?

ca6de0d6-d550-4581-a83f-08a9c8f7a9e1.jpg

Just give me a jungle and I can tell you where to by these NEAT- O boots! :)

Love,

MGTS xoxo :D

BEE NICE BOY'Z!

Edited by Miss Goody Two Shoes

I'll be able to make the hike, looks like we have the weather on our side too.

Say MGTS why don't you meet us tommorrow and show off those shoes in person?

It's great news about Hurlbut but I had heard he came out along the middle fork road. There aren't any trailheads near the McDonalds. There is a trail that goes from the lake that way but it doesn't sound like he took it.

Wonderful!

Shunra, I'll be there at 0730 sharp unless you call me and tell me you missed the boat.

Wonderful!

Shunra, I'll be there at 0730 sharp unless you call me and tell me you missed the boat.

See you then!

:unsure: I wish I could come! I don't think I could keep up with you all!

Ms. WD

I, for one, would be sorely disappointed if that is the only reason you don't come. I will be bringing my 13YO who gets around on an electric scooter; I suspect we'll be taking a leisurely pace.

The group never stays together anyway, bring your FRS and we'll all keep in touch. But even without, come and hike as far as you like, turn back when you want or wait for the group to pass on the way back.

Edited by Criminal

Have fun on the hike, everyone! We are in Seattle today, but won't have a chance to do this as we have already planned the morning with friends here (and didn't bring anything close to what we would want to wear on a long walk), but it sounds fun! (As Fy has pointed out to me multiple times this morning, this is what happens when you decide to read the forums the DAY you are in town vs. before......)

-Jif

Have fun on the hike, everyone! We are in Seattle today, but won't have a chance to do this as we have already planned the morning with friends here (and didn't bring anything close to what we would want to wear on a long walk), but it sounds fun! (As Fy has pointed out to me multiple times this morning, this is what happens when you decide to read the forums the DAY you are in town vs. before......)

-Jif

Welcome to town Team Jiffy! I just got back from your neck of the woods two days ago.

Gosh it was fun hanging with old friends.

Pepper

I know the feeling; probably not as intensely as you feel it, but I hurt all over and I had to turn right around to fix a customer's printer problem.

None-the-less, it was a ton of fun and I want to thank you guys for setting it up. It was a pleasure putting meeting everyone. Looking forward to reading the logs on the cache pages including where you went skiing.

Thank you everyone for the opportunity for this Pennsylvanian to climb some *real* mountains in the company of good friends, both old and new. What a great day! And now a group of us are leaving for a full day of caching on Whidbey Island. Whew!

I think Moun10Bike's photo above will become my new Windows desktop background photo at my office. It will replace a picture from an Arizona cache, also taken by Moun10Bike. I think I need to do a cache like this every couple of months in a far-off location.... wouldn't want "stale wallpaper" would we?

Left the house at 6am, home at 8:30pm. :D

I hurt right now. :D

I think I'm sunburned too. :D

Lots of fun. :D:D:D:D

Me too! And my shin is yellow-purplish ;)

But we had great fun.

BTW, Criminal, referring to that sweet but tough boy of yours as Trouble Child is a truly criminal thing to do. My own kids, no mean little hikers in their own right, would have either striked or sabotaged on this trip. I think the achievement of your little Juvenile Delinquent is worthy of some more respect in your logs :D

I just got home to Nebraska and will be logging the caches with pictures soon. What a great hike!!!! THANK YOU for arranging it!!!! It was wonderful meeting everyone and being able to go on such a fun Washington hike. Now I just need to get my sprained knee to stop hurting, but that is part of the adventure and fun! :(

I just got home to Nebraska and will be logging the caches with pictures soon. What a great hike!!!! THANK YOU for arranging it!!!! It was wonderful meeting everyone and being able to go on such a fun Washington hike. Now I just need to get my sprained knee to stop hurting, but that is part of the adventure and fun! :D

Carleen called mid afternoon to report that she had landed in Lincoln and she still sounded very excited about the great hike. :( I just wish I had been there too. :D

NevaP AKA the Pika Mom, heading for the Colorado mountains in the morning.

I just got home to Nebraska and will be logging the caches with pictures soon. What a great hike!!!! THANK YOU for arranging it!!!! It was wonderful meeting everyone and being able to go on such a fun Washington hike. Now I just need to get my sprained knee to stop hurting, but that is part of the adventure and fun! :(

Looking forward to reading your logs! I'm curious, did you get some eye candy at the lakes?

I just got home to Nebraska and will be logging the caches with pictures soon. What a great hike!!!! THANK YOU for arranging it!!!! It was wonderful meeting everyone and being able to go on such a fun Washington hike. Now I just need to get my sprained knee to stop hurting, but that is part of the adventure and fun!  :(

Looking forward to reading your logs! I'm curious, did you get some eye candy at the lakes?

I missed that. Apparently they had left by the time we all came down from the third cache.

I'm curious, did you get some eye candy at the lakes?

No.

Only you had that distinct pleasure. Seemed like you lingered there for awhile. :(

Actually I moved along as quickly as I could under the err cicrumstances that the rocks allowed. :D

Edited by TotemLake

This is a bit late, but I put together a video of the trip. Unfortunately I didn't take as much footage as I should have, so missed some of the hikers. I'll do better next time :blink:

This is my first go at using DV and editing, but it looks pretty cool. I added some photos to fill in the gaps where I didn't take any video.

It is 7 megs! so dialup users should wait until I get a smaller version.

See the video (Windows Media)

Edited by Jeremy