Celebrity Geocachers

I was watching the World Cup, and it was sweet to beat the World Champions at Fortress Twickenham shortly afterwards! :o

As for the Eurovision - "Irlande nul points" is what I say - our man Chris Doran isn't up to much.

But watch out for the UK giving us 10 points and Ireland not returning the favour :unsure:

You are all joking about Jimmy Saville and Kate Winslet being geocachers aren't you?

God I hope so... :grin:

I was just talking with a work colleague who lived in Fort William, we were talking about Glencoe and he said in passing that Jimmy Saville lived there. He didn't know about geocaching or this thread at the time of saying it. So it just goes to prove that Jimmy does live in Glencoe and Spior has met him.

Hey at last Mark has met someone famous. We had been out caching (only one today plus checking up that our new adopted Sambo's Grave was well stocked) we got in to find a DNF on our Williams Canalside Cache, whilst I was preparing our dinner Mark went off to Worsley to check out the problem (luckily there was none) on his way back up the steps from the cache site he saw Anthony Wilson (formerly known as Tony Wilson) walking his dog they passed the time of day etc. So hows that Mark started the topic and now he actually has met someone famous at least he is famous in our neck of the woods.

Joan

:lol::lol::sad::lol:;)

Tony Wilson! THE man behind the Manchester sound of the 80's and 90's. Factory Records.... The Hacienda.... However you spell it. (I think I got it right!) He was played by Steve Coogan in the film 24 Hour Party People. If you were a Joy Division fan you'd know him...

SP :D

I know - I am a "New Order" boy - just thought absolutely noone else would know!!!

Spot the :D ?

The Hokesters

Sorry to deviate but couldn't find help elsewhere.

Does anyone know why I keep being referred to as a tadpole ( on left panel). Am I frog-like or what? I can't imagine what the reference is all about. Probably being stupid, but i'm a newcomer to these forums.

Graham

Does anyone know why I keep being referred to as a tadpole ( on left panel). Am I frog-like or what? I can't imagine what the reference is all about. Probably being stupid, but i'm a newcomer to these forums.

Graham

Change your forum signature in your profile. It can be anything you like! Not rude though :D

Graham

It'll change to 'Geocacher' after your 10th forum posting (I think). You can be whaterever you like if you're a Charter or Premium Member.

By the way, I was a Nazi in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade :)

My brother was going to do that when they were filming the 'book burning' scene up at Stowe House, north of Buckingham. I was too young at the time. It wa the scene where the teacher from Grange Hill turns out to be Hitler, but can't spell his own first name B)

Anyway, my brother was going to keep his digital watch on and see if anyone noticed. Sadly he forgot to go on the day!

Back to the subject of celebrity cachers: I've never met another cacher 'in the field' and wouldn't recognise 80% of so-called celebrities if I was choking on one. So there! :)

SP

Just reading back through this thread and it hits me that Cave Troll knows someone famous who goes out caching and right here on his own doorstep Meeee.

One of my Handmade Cards was Featured on QVC during one of Dawn Bibby's Card Crafting Shows. It was in full view for half the two hour show and then was spotlighted by Dawn who even mentioned my name and where I live.

I have also had two articles printed one in the Deans Bears Members Magazine and my best claim to fame an article that featured all our dogs (which I got paid for) in a foreign Dog Magazine.

Joan

:cute::):back::tired::)B)B)

well if we're trying to justify why we're famous. i've met tony b liar and had my photo taken in the garden of number 10 shaking his hand. not that this is something to be particularly proud of.

this weeks challenge, get a celebrity to take part in the game. someone must know someone who knows someone etc. see who can get the most famous person to log a cache.

By the way, I was a Nazi in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade :cute:

My brother was going to do that when they were filming the 'book burning' scene up at Stowe House, north of Buckingham. I was too young at the time. It wa the scene where the teacher from Grange Hill turns out to be Hitler, but can't spell his own first name :)

Anyway, my brother was going to keep his digital watch on and see if anyone noticed. Sadly he forgot to go on the day!

Back to the subject of celebrity cachers: I've never met another cacher 'in the field' and wouldn't recognise 80% of so-called celebrities if I was choking on one. So there! B)

SP

Hey Paul,

That's the one! The Stowe School book burning :tired:. We also went to Bicester barracks the week before for Goosestep practice. I was with some friends who were venture scouts, and the rest of the marching ones were Royal Marines. Needless to say I couldn't march, and as a result, I was given a big swastika banner and told to go right in the middle where no-one would see me fouling up the goosesteps, hehe. There were 200 of us doing the marching, the rest of them (500+) had to just stand there.

The funniest thing was seeing what the marines managed to steal from mr Spielberg and the props department. Guns, banners, boots, Nazi uniforms, you name it.... it was all on that coach on the way home.

Spielberg spoke to me too. He told me to get my banner out of the way in the scene you mentioned when Indy meets Hitler B). I was about 4 feet away from them, but just off camera :)