A Nice Log From A Ranger

A local geocacher found this log from a state park ranger in a cache. Apparently the cache had tumbled or was moved from its hiding spot and the ranger used a GPS to replace it where he thought it belonged and even made a trade.

Our state has no policy regarding geocaching (knock on wood), but the rangers in the field here generally seem to be receptive to our sport. Sometimes you'll walk into a park office with a GPS around your neck and get a friendly "going geocaching?" from one of the rangers.

For the visually impaired it says:

We found the geocaching treasure on the trail - we used a GPS to try to put back the treasure at the correct coordinates.  We took out the hair bands and added trail maps for other parks.  More places for you all to explore. - The Hacklebarny State Park Staff
Edited by briansnat
That is so cool. I like it when I hear of non-cachers playing the game along with us. What good sports they are.

GPSKitty

It is good to see or hear when a non-cacher treats you or your cache well. We have a cache here in Ontario that is in a Conservation area and was tripped over by 2 local mountainbiker teens. I have been to that cache a few times and on both occasions the log was signed previously by the 2 bikers. Both times they traded and the second time they just wanted to check on the cache's health. I know they traded because when I read the log what they traded was there. By the way they traded up. :o

thats really cool, the local cachers should organize a cito event for that park, coordinate with the rangers, thay usually have a trashy area they know of that can be cleaned up. I have seen a log in a cache where the owner of the land it was on found it, he signed the log and read the stash note. THe cache was nearly empty so he bought stuff to fill it with and then he even joined the game.

I had a similar situation when I did maintenance on one of mine in Forest Park, a NYC park in Queens. Two months earlier a ranger stumbled across my cache. He logged in saying he thought that was kinda neat, requested we don't step on their newly planted vegetation nearby and left a couple of the new trail guides which I photographed and posted on the cache page.

Nice guy.

Alan