Someone Give Me Some Reasons.....

Volwrath

I am on the edge of slapping down $375.00 and picking up a 60C. I truly need someone to give me good reasons not. Autorouting to caches...mmmmmmmm

The only reasons I could think of not to buy the 60c is that its somewhat big, and I'd end up selling my legend.

So I am begging the 'Garmin' community to give me reasons...

Edited by Volwrath

The 60C looks really nice BUT it doesn't have a flash memory (SD card, etc) port to store lots of maps. I have a 256MB SD card for my Meri Color in which I carry lots of maps with me of places that I travel frequently. This saves me the trouble of constantly uploading maps of places that I travel to often as well as having multiple states on hand if I am hopping around a bit. If the 60C had this, it would be perfect.

Reasons to not buy a Garmin GPSmap 60C

Reason #1 - Because you can talk your spouse/girlfriend/mom/etc. to getting one for you

Reason #2 - Because you can save on shipping if you buy two

My Favorite - Reason #3 - Because the GPSmap 60CS is due out in less than a month

Sorry but that's all I could come up with on short notice.

The 60C looks really nice BUT it doesn't have a flash memory (SD card, etc) port to store lots of maps. I have a 256MB SD card for my Meri Color in which I carry lots of maps with me of places that I travel frequently. This saves me the trouble of constantly uploading maps of places that I travel to often as well as having multiple states on hand if I am hopping around a bit. If the 60C had this, it would be perfect.

This is SOOoooooo NOT an issue with the USB interface! :rolleyes:

[This is SOOoooooo NOT an issue with the USB interface!]

I agree that the USB is much faster for downloading to the GPSr and is much better than the slower serial interfaces but you still need to have the maps with you to upload. So, I can go from Massachusetts to NYC to DC without having to upload additional maps or bring a laptop along with the map software.

I just wanted to let you people know that you did a HORRIBLE job giving me reasons not to buy. In fact Neo_Geo pretty much sealed my fate with that picture.

Hehehe I just ordered it...I played with one at BassPro and loved it. Now I need to decide between City Select and Metroguide 4. I also need to decideif I am going to sell my Legend. I mean, everyone needs a backup, right hehe. THANKS ALOT GUYS!

I am on the edge of slapping down $375.00 and picking up a 60C. I truly need someone to give me good reasons not. Autorouting to caches...mmmmmmmm

Uhhh, You'd rather have 25 pizzas delivered to your home (not all at one time....) :P

How about you're waiting for the price to fall and the bugs to be worked out?

If you hadnt already ordered one, I would have said:

Because you can buy a Meridian with Direct Route for cheaper.

But those 60's look bitchin...

Actually the other day I went to bass pro to look at the magellans and they had a 60c. It was love at first site. I thought I was going to be able to hold off. but I couldn't fight it... ;) .... :P

Uhhh, You'd rather have 25 pizzas delivered to your home (not all at one time....) :P

How about you're waiting for the price to fall and the bugs to be worked out?

Your second reason was an excellent one. If you would have coupled it with your wife will get upset with you, I MIGHT have been able to hold off. (doubt it tho)

I just wanted to let you people know that you did a HORRIBLE job giving me reasons not to buy. In fact Neo_Geo pretty much sealed my fate with that picture.

Hehehe I just ordered it...I played with one at BassPro and loved it. Now I need to decide between City Select and Metroguide 4. I also need to decide if I am going to sell my Legend. I mean, everyone needs a backup, right hehe. THANKS ALOT GUYS!

Glad to be of service!!! :P

I know that I'll be the farthest thing from your mind when the package arrives, but I take great satisfaction in knowing that I had a hand in bringing true happiness to someone... ;)

Now, if you don't mind me throwing in another 2¢, buy City Select 5. I've tried MG4, and in 2 of 2 tries with autorouting, I get erroneous information. On one attempt I'm directed to turn from one street onto a street that is parallel (impossible). On the other attempt, I'm told to "Keep Right on" such-and-such street where it should direct to turn right onto another street. Both errors occur in the next-to-last instruction - very interesting...

I'm willing to test the MG4 autorouting for you... Send me email through my profile. Then, in your reply to my response, send a .MPS file of two waypoints you want to test. I'll drop 'em into my 60C with MG4 and see if it works for you...

Okay boys (and girls)... Get out your drooling bibs!!!

The following pictures of my 60C do not capture the true vibrant colors of the display. These pictures simply do not do this baby justice - ya gotta truly see it to believe it!

But, they do give you an idea of the potential beauty of this thing. Think in terms of waking up next to Britney Spears. She probably ain't gonna look quite like her publicity photos, but then again you wouldn't be regretting your actions the night before!

The following photos are with City Select 5 maps uploaded:

Night shot of Washington, DC:

b19784e2-1127-4260-b62a-6892b7e4e0a4.jpg

The White House, The Ellipse and the National Mall:

d9a1f084-e441-4fbe-a4f7-fc9015959572.jpg

The Potomac River, Tidal Basin and S.E. Washington, DC:

b38e914f-54c4-489f-83ec-22b8e57922b3.jpg

Daytime Mode View of The Potomac River, Tidal Basin and S.E. Washington, DC:

d940ee4c-4e79-4978-8979-37fe185782c0.jpg

Another comparison of the 60C and the legend - with a ruler:

b93c9832-c76e-4ee5-b87d-8f68106b08a1.jpg

Edited by Neo_Geo
I may be wrong, but I do not think the 60c/s will route with metroguide 4. From what I understand it only auto-routes with City Select. :P

Kar of TS!

It is my understanding the metroguide will load in but you will still have errors. This was discussed in detail in another thread. Check that out before buying metroguide.

The only reasons I could think of not to buy the 60c is that its somewhat big, and I'd end up selling my legend.

So I am begging the 'Garmin' community to give me reasons...

So are you asking cuz you want to get your ducks in order for when your S/O starts to object? ;):P

Hehe too late...and she did object..Whats she going to say when I tell her that I must have $120 worth of software too?!?  :D

$107.99 at Amazon.com with free shipping. B)

EDIT: It looks like they're out of stock or have stopped carrying it.

I ordered City Select from Amazon a week or so ago. Got it for $107 w/free shipping and I had $45 in coupons! Now, if my 60CS will just get here! :D