Addicted

warrior41882

As a new cacher....I'm always lurking around in the forums, learning more and more about the game. Yeah, I can't wait for the weekend to roll around either. My brother from Indiana flew into Las Vegas yesterday and I drove the 100 miles to see him....with my GPSr and handfull of Cache sheets in my purse. We usually like to gamble a little, but his time we didn't play at all and just wanted to go try out some of those famous Urban Caches that we don't usually get a shot at. Ohhhhh my.........this is worse than my chocolate habit!!!

Shoebugs

Arizona

Doing what i do all wek (auto tech) I generally leave the house about 6:00 am

and return home about 6:00 pm,so theres not really much time left to get out on week days.

Thought about putting a cache in some poor unsuspecting customers car though.

May have a problem relocating that one. :unsure:

What you don't get breaks? If there any caches I haven't found I go caching on my lunch break. But I can stop any time I want, I just don't want to. :mad:

I guess you can say Ironman114 is the very much addicted to Geocaching. I mean he's off right now looking for caches.

I don't mind that but it's when he gets up in the morning and when he comes home at night he is on the computer checking out what has been said on the Groundspeaks.

Last night, he told me he wanted to go to bed at 10pm. OK that came and went, at midnight I saw him still on the computer looking at the Geo pages. I told him that it was midnight. He blamed me for not telling him what time it was (I did at 10pm) But he kept looking at what everyone was saying. Finally at 1am he got off the computer. I'm going to do 2 things tonight:

1) I'm going to look for the childrens book "I Can Tell Time"

2) I'm going to take the GPS and write down the location of our bedroom and see if he can find it.

UGH being married to someone addicted can be trying :unsure:

I'm going to do 2 things tonight:

2) I'm going to take the GPS and write down the location of our bedroom and see if he can find it.

LOL! Hide a new cache in your bedroom, then he will see it on the 'new caches in your area' page. Oh wait, then everyone in your area would be in your bedroom...never mind!

My husband, although enjoying geocaching in *much* smaller doses than I, keeps threatening to hide the GPSr on me---and give me the coordinates in a verrrry long multi... Hmmm...I'm guessing the first set will be under a pile of laundry, the second hidden in the dishwasher,... you get the idea! :unsure:

I'm going to do 2 things tonight:

LOL! Hide a new cache in your bedroom, then he will see it on the 'new caches in your area' page. Oh wait, then everyone in your area would be in your bedroom...never mind!

Well I'm back from caching. Couldn't tell time today because I left my watch at home (had to rely on to crew to tell me when they were supposed to go on breaks and when break and lunch was over).

If there is a new cache in my bedroom I better be the FTF!!

MY gps needs batteries now and I might not find this cache.

Oh and I got a DNF tonight after work on a cache just 45 feet from the road. It was also about 70 feet higher than the road. I forgot my flashlight and ran out of daylight. Looks like I will have to go for this one tomorrow.

I have had to cut down because of domestic intranquility. It got to the point where I was going out at night and not coming home until real late because the rush of finding stuff is greater at night.

Unfortunately, I have found all the ones in my area within a reasonable distance. Any more caching will have to be a semi-major undertaking, as the closest ones are almost an hour's drive away.

I've kind of switched to Benchmarks for a while, but I'm no good at it. Or I've had bad luck. Or both. I'm still not giving up, though.

In the meantime, there are caches to hide, eh?

I guess you can say Ironman114 is the very much addicted to Geocaching. I mean he's off right now looking for caches.

I don't mind that but it's when he gets up in the morning and when he comes home at night he is on the computer checking out what has been said on the Groundspeaks.

I am not addicted!

I can quit whenever I want too!

I just don't want to right now.

I got two of the four caches closest to where I work right now. State park workers and snow and darkness are all that stopped me from getting all four. (o.k. # 3 was gotten in the dark but I failed to get it yesterday because I didn't have a flashlight with me.

It is only 1:30 a.m. right now and I don't want to go to sleep yet.