Stuff You Get From A Cache

TimSkells

What do you do with the stuff you get from a cache?

Do you save it to remember and collect all the stuff you get from caches then put your own things in caches you find.

or do you...

Use the items for other caches you go to find.

Just wondering because I thought it might eb cool to save all the things you get from a cache and use your own items in caches you find.

If I even take anything from a cache, often times it ends up as a trade item at the next cache I find. If it's something really cool, like the sig item of a cacher I admire, then I'll keep it. Most of the time, the only thing I take from caches are travel bugs, which of course, get left at another cache.

The hotel shower cap and cabela's brochure were removed to make room for a new log book. They went in the trash. Old fireworks have gone in the trash as well.

Sig items are slowing building up in a pile by the PC. I usually don't take sig items but a couple have caught my eye.

Children's toys are taken by my child.

Keychain flashlight with tools is on my wife's keychain.

Travel bugs move on within 2 weeks, even if I have to make a special trip.

I think this is a very good ques, but i do not know the answer. Although today was my first cache and was really really fun. of course it was also the first time i Didn't find a cache, but thats cool too (keyword:Stars). And if im doing a very bad thing by not sticking to the topic im very sorry, it's just im so excited!!!! :(

minisamurai

We just got started a few days ago, but I have already started a small box with our items. I am using a lanyard I got form one, a magnet will go on the fridge. I got a couple sig items. I have however amassed a boatload of items to create caches (for when I get my GPS...) and to leave. I have been on the lookout for cool little items, and theme items. I am so psyched to get going. :(:D

Hmmm . . . what do I do with the stuff I get at caches?

It depends on what it is. For example . . . Where's George's I like to swap and try to move as far away from the cache I got it from as possible. Trinkets and typical booty-nuggets I'll trade back in other caches. However . . . if it's a patch or a unique keychain-type item I keep them. I sew the patches onto my caching bag and the other stuff I let dangle and clank around wherever I can attach them to my bag . . . AND if it's a smiley thing . . . it's a keeper. I can't help it! I'm a happy girl.

b18d0227-89a0-4338-9fc2-fc0098f3a59a.jpg

Happy caching and stuff! :(

Hey if a woman doesn't appreciate your latest Ammo Can treasure then you should leave her at the next cache point :)

Seriously, only my kids trade stuff. I only trade if there is something that really catches my eye. Generally I am only looking to read/sign the log and check for TBs

i collect sig.items.all else i leave.and yes i am still looking for a sig item for myself.i am a jailer and deputy any ideas??plastic badges?????real handcuff keys????i am working on getting a stamper made with my van pic on it for the logs maybe a buisiness card??

Know what would be a great sig item for a jailer? A mini ball and chain. I bet you could make these pretty cheap and look good.

i collect sig.items.all else i leave.and yes i am still looking for a sig item for myself.i am a jailer and deputy any ideas??plastic badges?????real handcuff keys????i am working on getting a stamper made with my van pic on it for the logs maybe a buisiness card??

Know what would be a great sig item for a jailer? A mini ball and chain. I bet you could make these pretty cheap and look good.

"Get out of jail free" cards from Monopoly. :)

I usually pass along the stuff I find but small toy cars are subject to my son's collection. We always put in more items than we take :rolleyes: . The only things that I have held onto are an REI compass / thermometer on a snap-link and a very small disposable flashlight that I use if I get caught out in the dark without a larger one. Both of these items are attached to the GPS carring case that I use while "hunting". I usually have to travel light as most of the caches I visit now are more than 200 miles from home. I guess it's time to hide more caches nearer to home, eh? :rolleyes:

Northern Trekker