Looking For New Signature Item Ideas

FISUR

We're about out of team geocoins, and we're looking for new signature item ideas. We've been toying with (1) bandana maps (with a topo map), (2) geo-bandanas (with a guide to geocaching in the area), and (3) sundial geocoins.

We would appreciate any other ideas. (Well almost any.)

Thanks in Advance, and Happy Holidays.

Team FISUR

I use a hand carved owl (http://geocities.com/gvcache/) because I want the FTF to have something he/she can save as a personal trophy if they choose to. But I like your bandana idea(s). It's something I'd like to add to my FTF trophy collection. I once looked into using T-shirts, but decided that it would be too difficult to ensure that whatever I loaded into the cache would fit the finder.

Back to the signature item topic ~

My sig. item are keys from a computer keyboard. Each key is in a little plastic bag with a laminated card that states the number and edition of the item.

FISUR - since you use John Dillinger as your avatar you could leave bullet casings. Maybe?

I'm new to geocaching, but I have the urge to find my own signature item. I'm considering a custom luggage tag or a custom lanyard with a logo. People could use to tag their backpack etc. or use the lanyard to keep from dropping their GPSr in the mud. There are some cheap places on the web that can produce these things but most require a large quantity purchase.

What about geocaching buffs. You know like the ones they wear on survivor except have the geocaching logo on them.

4_1_105.gif

Yeah, we thought about buffs too, but we figured it would be too expensive. However, you inspired us to contact a company that makes Custom Buffs for a price quote. We're standing by for their response. Thanks for motivating us.

Team FISUR

My signature item has become "Joefrog's Famous Marshmallow Guns." Check out past forum posts; the plans are there!

Joe was kind enough to share his design with me... and everyone loves them! I only put them in caches that I really, really like. Thanks Joe.

Oh yeah... no thanks for all the marshmallows I keep finding behind furniture :D

I have a growing collection of sig items. I like the handmade ones best by far. Team Kender did a neat one and I lucked into the first one that they placed. There's a thread about their sig items somewhere.

I think I talked La Mudbug into leaving small pieces of pottery in caches after I raved about a piece that I found in a cache that he had previously visited.

I have started leaving pieces of red tiger's eye. I also bought a case (200+) of movie soundtrack CDs and tapes. (I just put a shipping label on those and sign my name.) I always leave comething that glows in the dark when I do a night raid.

Sn :D:D gans

I too have been on the lookout for a signature item. But because I am creatively challenged with arts and crafts (the math side of my brain dominates), I have been browsing the multitude of corporate promotions company web sites--these are the people that make those "things" with corporate logos on them. Be aware that taking this route will cost money--minimum spend looks to be in the order of $250.

I think that my preferance would be for a t-shirt, but this could get expensive ($10/shirt) and complicated (do I go for one size fits all, or have a variety of sizes). Another cheaper option (less than $5 is very attainable) would be to get a pen with something written on it.

I would be interested if anyone else has looked at this.

Ciao

RooBoy

Using your caching nickname, Team Fisur, you could do a play on words by using a Fishing lure (available almost all the time in the Ebay Wholesale lots auctions).

You could also do one as Fissure and go in a volcanic direction with some volcanic stone as your sig item (Helenite or some other semiprecious volcanic would be affordable).

Edited by bigredmed
What about geocaching buffs. You know like the ones they wear on survivor except have the geocaching logo on them.

4_1_105.gif

Well, we checked out the Custom Buff idea, and we just got a pricing list from the company. Unfortunately, they're a bit too pricey for a personal signature item. So the search continues. . .