Signature Cards

wannafly

I'm in the process of making my own "signature cards" (if thats the proper term) to leave in caches I visit. I have a great idea for my own (which I care not to disclose yet icon_smile.gif) But would like to see some of what everyone else has come up with.

Also, regarding these cards: Is it ok to take them from a cache, or leave them there? I've seen quite a few neat ones that i'd like to keep, but wasnt sure if I could take them or not.

So, lets see 'em icon_smile.gif

quote:
Originally posted by wannafly:

...would like to see some of what everyone else has come up with.

Hi Wannafly,

Here's a link to an earlier post of mine that shows some geocacher trading cards that I've created. I'm currently working on the twenty-third card and getting good feed back from local cachers on their desirability as keepsakes.

--- yrium ---

quote:

yrium, thats what i was looking for! I'm doing some samples today and am going to "stress test" them to water and wrinkling...hopefully it'll all work out good.

I actually laminate all the trading cards I put out. It gives them a glossy finish and they are impervious to water damage. They do okay if they are spindled, but they are still subceptible to folding and mutilation. icon_smile.gif

--- yrium ---

quote:
Originally posted by Renegade Knight:

Signature items are fair game to take. The cards don't winter well in most cache containers and don't wear well in the rest.

I use Avery glossy business cards designed for edge-to-edge printing.

I can't go the distance to laminate them yet, but each is placed in its own snack baggie to limit the leach damage to itself if it gets too damp. Most of them (and only because it happens if I think of it) are dated on the back with the GC# found and signed "Cheers! TL".

Cheers!

TL

Here's my card as posted in the MIGO Sig Database

Scook.jpg

It's a bit weathered in this picture but I like to not laminate them so that a good conditon card is harder to find. That, hopefully, makes cachers get out there and cache more often in order to find a good card.

I usually take only calling cards unless there is a request for it to be left in a cache. I'm building up a collection of them. I always leave an equal number of mine for what I take out.

"Adrift in a world he never made!"

migo_sig_logo.jpg

QMan, thanks for the reply!

geocities doesnt allow outside linking, so you have to copy and paste this address into your browser to see it:

http://www.geocities.com/EdgarSprings/cache_card.jpg

I'll try to put a post of mine up later today. I was going to laminate them but the cost is way too high. icon_frown.gif So i think i'm just going to but little ziploc bags to put each one into. ($5 for 100 on ebay)

quote:

QMan, thanks for the reply!

geocities doesnt allow outside linking, so you have to copy and paste this address into your browser to see it:

http://www.geocities.com/EdgarSprings/cache_card.jpg

I'll try to put a post of mine up later today. I was going to laminate them but the cost is way too high. icon_frown.gif So i think i'm just going to but little ziploc bags to put each one into. ($5 for 100 on ebay)

Well that link is down now.

Cheers!

TL

OH i didn't think about writing the GC number on them! That's a great idea! I'm still up in the air as to whether or not to laminate them.

I'll keep that in mind.

Unofrunately our printer here at work broke today, so I wont have them for this weekend icon_frown.gif

Been Reading the discusion, and noticed the ink bleeding from the ink jet printer problem. Here is a fast fix. Go down to Wal-mart and buy clear Spray paint around $1.50. After you print your cards let dry 1 minute, don't break them out of the sheet yet. Take out side and spray paint the cards front. Be careful not to focus to much on one location or it will run. the card is now water resistant. If you want you can spray paint the back side to make it almost water proof, but I find it Over kill, and that it kind of goes transparent. By the way you can still write on them at least with perm. pen.

WF - Inspired by Yrium's cards, I've just recently begun creating a series I call Scenic Caches of the Great American Southwest. They're a bit larger (4x6) in order to do the scenery justice, and the back of the card features the cache's web page. I laminate them so they take the weather well. I'm up to seven different cards now and planning to do many more. They have been very well received. So far they're all southern California, but some fellow cachers have promised to supply pictures from Arizona and New Mexico soon, and I'm still looking for contributions from southern Nevada and Utah. Here's the front of one of the cards:

129252_800.JPG

Peace,

Radical Geezer

I just made these. I wanted to get something a little better printed up but I got tired of looking for a printer that would do small run full color printing of cards.

Used those nifty Avery No Edge cards and teh Avery software to make this.

geocard-test.gif thats the front. That image was made with a flash program that I am sure was taken down becaue of legal threats from the creators of South Park.

Here is the back

geocard-test2.gif

Just fill it in with a UltraFine sharpie at teh cache site.

-Robert