WHY?

Geocacher Joe started his day early having set his alarm clock(MADE IN JAPAN) for 6:00 a.m.While his coffe pot(MADE IN CHINA)was perking,He set his GPSr (MADE IN TAIWAN)and put on his shirt(MADE IN SHRILANKA),Jeans (MADE IN SINGAPORE)and tennis shoes(MADE IN KOREA).After cooking his breakfast in his new skillet(MADE IN INDIA),He sat down with his calculator(MADE IN MEXICO)to see how much money he could spend on his cache hunt today.After setting his watch(MADE IN TAIWAN)to the Radio(MADE IN INDIA)he got in his car(MADE IN GERMANY)and continued his search for a good paying job in AMERICA.At the end of yet another discouraging and fruitless day,Joe decided to relax for a while.He put on his sandals(MADE IN BRAZIL),poured himself a glass of wine(MADE IN FRANCE)and turned on his TV(MADE IN INDONESIA),and then wondered why he can't find a good paying job in AMERICA? icon_eek.gif

When all else fails Geotry again.

Hmmmmm... Everyday I wake up to my alarm clock made in CHINA. I go to my Local Tim Horton's a get a coffee made in Canada, Fom beans made in south America. I then go to my computer, made of parts from all over south east Asia..I too am also looking for a job.

Everyday I apply for jobs above and below my qualifications from companies that come from every part of the world. I cannot be picky as work is work. I cannot hold myself above any position because any foot in the door is just that. What happens to me after that is my own doing.

SHOW ME DON'T TELL ME!

Good luck hunting.

mn12

icon_biggrin.gif

quote:
{Joe uses 14 tangible object made elsewhere} and continued his search for a good paying job in AMERICA. ... {He} turned on his TV{watched a television show MADE IN AMERICA},and then wondered why he can't find a good paying job in AMERICA?

Probably because he's trying to shop around his 20th century skills in a 21st centruy economy. Now more than ever, the US is a service and information economy, not a 'tangible stuff' economy.

"I'm sure she would have been thrilled to find so much pooh in a little metal box."

quote:
Originally posted by Renegade Knight:

Plus a made in the USA Nissan trumps a Made in Mexico Chevy.

You'll find a few "foreign" cars built here. Some BMWs are built here in SC.

Plus, if everything was built here, we'd have to earn three times as much to buy the things we buy now. When labor goes from 37 cents a day to $125 a day somebody has to pay. That'd be us.

CR

72057_2000.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Trailblazer # 1:

...,and then wondered why he can't find a good paying job in AMERICA? icon_eek.gif

The quick answer is that those jobs that produced the above goods (with the exception of the German car) don't pay squat. I'm sure that if you were willing to sit around all day making radios or alarm clocks for $1.50 someone would be glad to hire you. Be glad you are in America where you can own all that stuff, not have a job and sit around drinking wine complaining about you're poor lot in life. icon_rolleyes.gif

Yes I have finds, yes I have hides and yes I'm a charter member. My wife will not let me use our account on the forums...don't know why.

quote:
Originally posted by GOT GPS?:

We need to preach the idea of:

"Geocaching - Made in America"

Of course that would be different for other inhabitants of this Planet.

Or: "Geocaching - the name made in America" icon_wink.gif

For reference, read the update at Geocaching credits page. icon_rolleyes.gif

Hmmm...about American products: keep on manufacturing that Kool-Aid. Geocacher Divine from Finland likes to start his day with that. icon_razz.gif

- All you need is a sick mind and a healthy body. -

quote:
Originally posted by Freelens:

"My father was a wall man and I am of the blood.?"???

"My father was a wanderer, and I also have it in my blood."

The German lyrics to "The Happy Wanderer". Val-de-reee, val-de-raaa! I first learned it in German class.

I've also seen it as: "...und mir steckt auch in Blut"

Flat_MiGeo_B88.gif

Mein Vater war ein Wandersmann, und ich hab' auch im Blut

quote:
Originally posted by Trailblazer # 1:

Geocacher Joe started his day early having set his alarm clock(MADE IN JAPAN) for 6:00 a.m.While his coffe pot(MADE IN CHINA)was perking,He set his GPSr (MADE IN TAIWAN)and put on his shirt(MADE IN SHRILANKA),Jeans (MADE IN SINGAPORE)and tennis shoes(MADE IN KOREA).After cooking his breakfast in his new skillet(MADE IN INDIA),He sat down with his calculator(MADE IN MEXICO)to see how much money he could spend on his cache hunt today.After setting his watch(MADE IN TAIWAN)to the Radio(MADE IN INDIA)he got in his car(MADE IN GERMANY)and continued his search for a good paying job in AMERICA.At the end of yet another discouraging and fruitless day,Joe decided to relax for a while.He put on his sandals(MADE IN BRAZIL),poured himself a glass of wine(MADE IN FRANCE)and turned on his TV(MADE IN INDONESIA),and then wondered why he can't find a good paying job in AMERICA? icon_eek.gif

When all else fails Geotry again.

If you happen to like assembly line work, I guess this could be a problem. I happen to be employed by the 8th largest importer in the U.S., so I'm happy...

ntga_button.gifweb-lingbutton.gif