Thanks To Approvers

I think approvers deserve our thanks, whether it takes 2 hours to approve a cache, or two days.

They do this for free and I'm sure it takes up time that they could use for other things. They do it because they care about the sport. And what do they get for it? People who bit*h that it took 37 hours for their cache to be approved, or whine about a cache that was denied, or complain that the approver is being "unfair" and even some name calling.

"You can only protect your liberties in this world, by protecting the other man's freedom. "You can only be free if I am" -Clarence Darrow

I've seen the same thing happen here in southern oregon when 2 caches were approved the same day 40 feet apart. But that was because one was on hold for questioning about the cache while the other was approved. So just a glitch.

Anyway I am just grateful for whoever is stepping up. I didn't place any this weekend so I can't tell who was approving.

Brian I agree that they need a vote of confidence and appreciation but from what I've seen lately the complainging in regards to aprpovers isn't that they are slow but that certain areas, like the NW, don't have any working. We know we lost a couple of approvers and have been hoping that new ones would be added.

We also know that a couple of users have volunteered only to be told that help wasn't needed.

No bashing approvers here.

Well I think 9key was busy this weekend because he denied me a cache I put out. Someone else must have had the same Idea as me this weekend because the cache I put out was less then .10 from one that was just approved. I just wasn't quick enough. The few caches I have put out lately have all been approved by people out of Oregon. At least they got approved.

Don't hunt what you can't kill!

quote:
Originally posted by Lazyboy & Mitey Mite:

Now I'm not sure if it's a new NW approver, old ones back or out of are approvers. But this weekend I noticed a bunch of caches getting approved. In fact they came in waves during the day today.

I know recently we've had 9key helping out from Texas. So whoever stepped in I appreciate it.

9Key did my cache too...I put one out at north end of lake washington.

quote:
A hardy Thank You approvers and admins. What lot of crap they have to put up with sometimes.

Hey thanks.

Sometimes the cr*p does go off on some interesting tangents. Two weeks ago I had a geocacher who called him or herself a peace loving German refer to me as a war mongering American for questioning the virtual cache that was submitted. Some seem to forget this is only a game or a sport.

erik - geocaching.com admin

quote:
Two weeks ago I had a geocacher who called him or herself a peace loving German refer to me as a war mongering American for questioning the virtual cache that was submitted. Some seem to forget this is only a game or a sport.

Its good to see that you are still say "some": you are not generalizing. I really appreciate this.

On that specific topic there was a very intensive discussion in a german list. To my opinion (and most of the posters) this reaction was far off any limit.

Chiming in in support of the approvers.

THANK YOU!

I think I can safely speak for the mostly silent majority that appreciates your hard work. Now please excuse me while I step away from the buttocks of the Website.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary numbers, and those who don't.