Happy Meals for adults

magellan315

Can't wait to see what new breed of McToys this brings out.

Instead of Happy Meal standards like a burger and a toy, the new Go Active meal will include a salad, an exercise booklet and a pedometer meant to encourage walking.

Fitness guru BGreene has agreed to help promote the Go Active Meal, which is being test-marketed at 150 McDonald's restaurants in Indiana.

McDonald's and other fast-food chains have tried to offer healthier fare that will still temp tastebuds as the fat and calorie content of their core products has come under scrutiny. Burger King, the No. 2 hamburger chain, planned to launch a new line of low-fat, baguette-style chicken sandwiches on Thursday.

Two weeks ago, a federal judge in New York dismissed an obesity lawsuit against McDonald's that alleged it had been hiding the health risks of eating its popular Big Macs and Chicken McNuggets. It was the second time this year that U.S. District Judge Robert Sweet threw out a class-action lawsuit that blamed McDonald's for making people fat.

Greene, who can't remember the last time he visited a McDonald's restaurant, said consumers had to take "personal responsibility" for the choices they make when it comes to consuming food. He will also consult on new menu items for the Oak Brook, Ill.-based company, which also announced a new taco version of its premium salads on Tuesday.

McDonald's has a "long, long way to go" to solidify a reputation for promoting healthy foods, said Bob Goldin, an analyst at Chicago-based food consultancy Technomic. But Goldin was willing to give the company credit for trying.

"McDonald's sees some major trends, and the company is trying to be responsive," Goldin said. "Whether these initiatives will actually move the needle (to boost sales), I don't know."

quote:
Originally posted by TotemLake:

So now we're going to see these mctoys added to the caches?

Cheers!

TL

Oh gosh I hope not, My pup is confused enough when she finds burgerless McToys in a geocache, quite the dissapointment for her.

"The more I study nature, the more I am amazed at the Creator."

- Louis Pasteur

We call MRE's Mr. E's, pronounced mysteries, and I think that's what the origin of what passes as "food" in them should be. Who remember's the chunk of wood also known as the dehydrated beef patty? I do have to admit, they have gotten a little better in the past 17 years, though.

"Wear a smile and have friends; wear a scowl and have wrinkles. What do we live for if not to make the world less difficult for each other?"--George Eliot

MnGCA-Button.gif

quote:
Originally posted by 15Tango:

We call MRE's Mr. E's, pronounced mysteries, and I think that's what the origin of what passes as "food" in them should be. Who remember's the chunk of wood also known as the dehydrated beef patty? I do have to admit, they have gotten a little better in the past 17 years, though.

"Wear a smile and have friends; wear a scowl and have wrinkles. What do we live for if not to make the world less difficult for each other?"--George Eliot

http://www.mngca.org

Oh yeah! And the dehydrated pork patty.... oh my goodness how bad was that!!!! I used to kinda like the dehydrated fruit though, you could just crunch away on that stuff. I was there during the transition from C-rats to MRE's and it was an interesting time.

And yes, they hav gotten better. My kids and my ex-wife love the things. Of course, that was before she was the *ex* wife. The make pretty good camping food when you're not set up to cook, like during a hike or activities. We even had them for lunch halfway up Pike's Peak summer before last...lol.

texasgeocaching_sm.gif

"Afghanistan was a battle. Iraq was a battle. The war goes on."

Speaking of which (a tangent to the original topic), can you buy MREs? They would be a good hiking food (if I'm camping...there's a cooler in the trunk of my car! icon_smile.gif ).

On topic, if I get these Adult Happy Meals each week, will the pedometers transform into anything cool when I snap them together? Will the commercials be changed to "Put a smile on...along with some pounds...so walk it off, fatty". Will they make Ronald demo the pedo? Ok, great idea once, but what's the incentive to buy another one?

I was so excited to hear about this! Not because I eat at McDonalds ( yuk..I prefer Wendy's or Sonic or Popeyes)...but cause I was imagining the "adult toys".

Ok..back to pure thoughts...I was thinking that Mini-Leathermans would make me buy an Adult Happy Meal.

A friend of mine ordered a not so happy meal at Burger King for herself. When she got to the window the smarmy window guy said " where is your kid?". She said " at home". How rude!

I have 2 cases of "Heater Meals" in my closet for emergency situations...ie. weather, terrorists, power failures...

They have a heater in them ( similar to the MRE heater)...you add water and the heater activates.

They are delicious too, We took them to the Guadelupe Mtns. and had lunch.

They have a website to order from.

Nice spread Tahosa. I told my partner we needed to get a digital camera for work too, but so far it has only been used for locationless caching. icon_rolleyes.gif

These changes in latitudes, changes in attitudes;

Nothing remains quite the same.

Through all of the islands and all of the highlands,

If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane

Go for the Heatermeals before you go for the MREs. They sell for roughly $5 at truck stops or you can get them from there website, but they are very good.

I have had the Pepper steak and rice and it was awsome! They are easy to pack and delicious to eat! And like Team Kaz has stated they are great for emergencies cause everything is included, right down to the cutlery and seasonings. All you need is a drink and you are set for one yummy meal.

Check em' out, you'll be glad you did icon_smile.gif

Kar