Booty for Caches

brianmcm

yeah my wife brought home one of the Oriental Trading Company's catalog...pretty cool...going to order some *junk* from it.

According to the pirate, the best place to get stuff for caches is other caches! Arrrghgh....pirate1.gif

Brian

As long as you're going to think anyway, think big. -Donald Trump

quote:
Originally posted by Woodsters Outdoors:

According to the pirate, the best place to get stuff for caches is other caches! Arrrghgh....http://www.woodsters.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/pirate1.gif

I think the reason you defend "him" so much is becoming more obvious all the time.

If you trade booty for a cache, doesn't that make you a prostitute?

I hit Dollar Stores, Home Depot, Wal-Mart, the usual spots. I also look in gift shops, but they are typically overpriced. My wife has brought me home a few things from work, like a cool knife that a supplier gave her with her company's logo on it. I think they were trying to get them to order some. (probably too much for a signature item)

"I'm 35 Years old, I am divorced, and I live in van down by the river!" - Matt Foley

At first, I used to try to get outdoor-related items like a compass, bandana, etc. But now I try to find cool things that may or may not be related to geocaching or the outdoors. One of my caches has skeleton keys in it (Keystone Caper); one has chopsticks (The Chinese Dragon); one has little pewter hiking boot charms (Cache Charming); another has wheat pennies (Honest Abe); another has Russian pencils (From Russia with Love; and one has handmade garden stones (with words like peace, love, joy, on them). I'm always on the lookout for inexpensive things that might make an interesting themed cache. Sometimes people don't appreciate these odd items, but I always put a few "regular" things in there, too, and usually some of my buttons just in case they're looking for the regular fare.

52813_3100.gif

I have ordered a LOT from Oriental Trading Company. Just got another order last week, in fact. A couple of my favorites are the compass/carabiner and the hacky sacks They are good, quality items (although the little compass on the carabiner is right next to useless), and they are inexpensive. On occasion I'll look back on caches that I've visited and I see that these items are usually taken out by one of the very next finders. Must be fairly popular.

Something I've found occasionally and really enjoy is drug rep. promotional material. Not just pens, but note pad holders and stress balls (I got one shaped like a brain).

I've checked out eBay and occasionally someone will have a pack of these items for sale. Anyone here in the medical profession who can get us a mess of this stuff? icon_wink.gif

Bret

"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field.

When a man found it, he hid it again." Mt. 13:44