Is Omally a Nutter?

For someone that can ask one of the Cuthberts to guide people that have never seen a GPSr around a strange woodland in Hampshire when:

a) They had only been GC'ing for 5 weeks;

:) They only had pure coordinates;

c) They got lost getting to the NCC event;

Definitely Yes !!!!!

(Sorry.... that should read HCC!)

Andy

Woof, Miaow, Baaa

Oh and Oink, where's my pint also !!

I'd be careful what you say here... lible laws and all that.... Omally once sued someone when they said he was like a nutter... he was awarded £1,000 compensation.... mind you the nutter sued for being compaired to Omally and he got a million icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

There are 10 kinds of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

I met Neil recently at the HCC event.

At first he seemed somewhat of a decent fellow.

Then the hammer blow, "here's an etrex and some people you don't know, they can win a GPSr if you guide them through the undergrowth near here. Nice to meet you Andrew, now, off you go.'

I also think he called me Farticus, so the answer is definately YES.

Oh, and who else would fill his car up with other nutters and go across to the IOW caching on the cheap!!

quote:
Originally posted by Sparticus:

Then the hammer blow, "here's an etrex and some people you don't know, they can win a GPSr if you guide them through the undergrowth near here. Nice to meet you Andrew, now, off you go.'

Oh, and who else would fill his car up with other nutters and go across to the IOW caching on the cheap!!

Well with us when we took our second lot of geomuggles, he gave us an etrex... told us that the co-ords are programmed in.... well the WRONG co-ords were programmed in.... we were heading all over the place.... icon_eek.gif

but what's wrong with the IOW... We went across on the cheap and gave omally the idea for his trip..

There are 10 kinds of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

quote:
Originally posted by Mr & Mrs Hedgehog:

quote:

but what's wrong with the IOW... We went across on the cheap and gave omally the idea for his trip..

Nothing wrong with the IOW. Mrs Sparticus and I went over the same day. Had a lovely time.

BUT had I been doing Bonchurch slip and bumped into Pharisee in the woods behind the bench...Need I say more.

OOPs, must remember It's Omally we're plugging here, not a great guy like Pharisee.

quote:

<snip>

I also think he called me Farticus, so the answer is definately YES.

I'm sure I heard these words being uttered somewhere in the campsite as I drifted off to sleep:

"I'm Farticus!"

"No, I'm Farticus!"

"I'm Farticus and so's my wife!"

Must have been all the excitement, old fruit…

quote:
Originally posted by Lost in Space:

Anyone that refers to me and my "Dad" as old codgers must be a nutter icon_biggrin.gif

Don’t worry guys; you’re not alone…

quote:
Originally posted by Woodsmoke:

Simple Yes/No answer :-)

See? icon_wink.gif

quote:

I'd be careful what you say here... lible laws and all that.... Omally once sued someone when they said he was like a nutter... he was awarded £1,000 compensation.... mind you the nutter sued for being compaired to Omally and he got a million!

So what did you buy in the end, Peter? icon_biggrin.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Plaid Dragon:

Okay so I only met Omally at the HCC event, but he definitely seemed to be a nutter.

Sorry I trod on your dog: if it were a cat, I’d have meant it! icon_wink.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Paul & Judith:

For my evidence M'lud, I present his entries on this webcam cache...

That’s not really me! It's a setup! I was in Basingstoke at the time (although I believe that’s a crime in itself…)

quote:
Originally posted by Stu & Sarah:

Definitely a nutter, but not the 'muttering to himself with bloodstained trench-coat' type …

That’s what you think…

quote:
Originally posted by Team Blitz:

What a STUPID question... of COURSE he's a nutter!

Hey! I'm not the one who thinks getting a people-wagon down a track wide enough for one-and-a-half horses-arses is a good idea… icon_biggrin.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Pharisee:

Hey !!! Who are you calling an 'other nutter' icon_mad.gif

Don’t worry, John, I’ll Super-Soak the whole boiling of ‘em! Divine Vengeance! Oh Yes!

Besides, birds of a feather flock together eh guys?

Guys?

Helloooooooeeeeeee?

dadgum: and I was gonna plan a caching trip to the Falklands as well…

"Woof" quoth he. Oh, and "Grrr" also.

Omally

quote:
Originally posted by Stu & Sarah:

Definitely a nutter, but not the 'muttering to himself with bloodstained trench-coat' type. Definitely the good sort.

Stu

Time for me to jump to the defence of the man icon_biggrin.gif

For anyone who saw him in the middle of a wood at 2am dressed in a black trenchcoat during the HCC night cache......oh hang on I am supposed to be defending him....

The wooly Viking helmet has a logical use...He uses it to stick a gps antenna to it with velcro.....Erm...

Ok the truth is that O'mally is raging mad if by that you mean someone who is passionate about caching, loves the countryside, reads several books a week drinks huge amounts of beer, is prepared to ride a motorbike round Britain to raise money for charity, and still found time to help out with the organising of the HCC event, and the thing that impresses me the most is that he can play "Classical Gas" on the guitar.

Can we change the subject while his head still fits in that stupid hat? icon_wink.gif

I woke this morning and my boat was not rocking...for one horrid moment I thought I lived in a house!

quote:
Originally posted by Omally:

quote:

I'd be careful what you say here... lible laws and all that.... Omally once sued someone when they said he was like a nutter... he was awarded £1,000 compensation.... mind you the nutter sued for being compaired to Omally and he got a million!

So what did you buy in the end, Peter? icon_biggrin.gif

A super-duper mega-fantastic super-soaker. So you'd better watch out at the next geocache get together...

A million buys a BIG soaker icon_biggrin.gif

quote:

A super-duper mega-fantastic super-soaker. So you'd better watch out at the next geocache get together...

A million buys a BIG soaker icon_biggrin.gif

That's a bad case of Super-Soaker Envy you have there mate...

"Woof" quoth he. Oh, and "Grrr" also.

Omally

quote:

<snip>

I go away for one night and get back to find out I'm now classed as a nutter!

Neil. So just how many miles do you get per nutter icon_confused.gif)

"Fear is temporary, regret is permanent!"

motley. adj. varied in appearance or character.

crew. n. group of people.

quote:
Originally posted by djh:

If you look at this http://img.Groundspeak.com/cache/log/1832055_200.jpg there is no question this all the evidence anyone could possibly need. All this and it was taken on one of the hottest days of the year yet.

DJH

As the one who 'took' the picture I have to leap to his defence! It was far more sensible to wear that hat to distinguish himself from the ordinary Southampton residents. It took me ages to persuade him it was NOT a good idea to wear his Portsmouth Football Club shirt icon_wink.gif.

Oh and it was taken 'nearly' after the 9pm watershed so most young children should have been in bed and hence not would not have suffered nightmares icon_biggrin.gif.

quote:
Originally posted by Motley Crew:

quote:

<snip>

Aha. You admit it then!! icon_razz.gif

quote:

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<snip>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aha. You admit it then!!

At this moment in time I am unable to comment on my suitability to be referred to as a 'nutter'. Please refer to Alistair Cambell (c/o House of Commons, Westminster) for an honest and approved response to your enquiry. icon_rolleyes.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Omally:

quote:

It took me ages to persuade him it was NOT a good idea to wear his Portsmouth Football Club shirt icon_wink.gif

Don't be silly: I'll be cold in my grave before I wear one of them 'orrible things!

Ahhhh, so Omally won't wear a Pompy shirt... so he can be all that bad...

quote:
Originally posted by Paul & Judith:

For my evidence M'lud, I present his entries on this webcam cache...

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=8d95a598-f6df-43fe-b06c-0bc968a394e4

I rest my case......

Now I've done this one.......and I'm wearing a better hat than Omally :-)

WoodSmoke

Logo5.gif GeocacheUK - very useful resources for the UK Geocaching community

quote:
Originally posted by Wood Smoke:

Now I've done this one.......and I'm wearing a better hat than Omally :-)

WoodSmoke

I've just had a look at WoodSmoke at GCGK44 and all I can say is how long have you had the Cyberman outfit then Roy? Not bad for £17.50 icon_biggrin.gif