Welcome lactodorum

adrianjohn

By Heck - you're quick!!! At the moment my account is in the process of being set up and I was going to wait until it was complete before 'coming out of the closet' icon_wink.gif

Anyway thanks for the welcome. Although my profile indicates I'm a new geocacher with no finds this is just a convenience to separate my moderator/approver function from my regular geocaching activities.

Actually I have been caching for over a year (clue 1) and have a 3 figure number of finds (clue 2). I don't doubt you will take great delight in 'exposing' me but if you do, don't spoil the fun for others by posting my 'real' identity here. E-mail me direct and I'll send you my congratulations. icon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gif The other clue is in my username icon_razz.gif

I will be doing my best to help Eckington with the approval workload, I'll certainly have something to live up to. Please be gentle with me, at least to start with. I have no doubt I'll make mistakes but I'll be trying my best.

Not hugely interested in "outing" moderators, to be honest, but the name Lactodorum has always made me smile.

Living in Milton Keynes, I often drive through Lactodorum (it is the original Roman name for Towcester, which is pronounced "toaster" for all our international readers...) and every time I pass the sign I imagine that "lactodorum" should be the name of some ointment you rub on your warts or something....

Yes - I've been issued with the standard Asbestos briefs and have taken delivery of a goodly supply of "Admin Bricks" so don't go upsetting me big_smile.gif

Am I male? Ask my wife that one (oops, what a give away!)

I have to say that I'm a little disappointed in you all. It's been a whole day and so far only one person has managed to e-mail me with my correct alter ego. Well done Dan! Come on guys and gals, don't let me get the better of you. cute.gif

quote:
Originally posted by The Hungry Caterpillars:

Hi,Lactodorum-just wondering if letting people presume you are male is a dastardly ploy? icon_biggrin.gif.We are glad that Eckington has some help at long last. icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif.

He's gotta be a fella.... if she was a girl the name would be Lacto-Dora icon_biggrin.gif

John

Age and treachery will always triumph over youth and ability icon_wink.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Lactodorum:

I have to say that I'm a little disappointed in you all. It's been a whole day and so far only one person has managed to e-mail me with my correct alter ego. Well done Dan! Come on guys and gals, don't let me get the better of you. cute.gif

Can we have another clue then? Pretty please?

Lisa

Welcome and good luck Lacktie.

I'm pleased that you hve declared yourself a "back to basic" kind of geocacher. I'm sure you will do fine.

As for the name in the clue. I reckon that Towcester is a decoy and Lactodorum is actually an anagram of your favoutite tipple:

Old Coot Rum

hopefully it's not:

Curt Old Moo

No more clues.

Alex.

------------------------------------------------

Knights of the Green Shield stamp and shout.....