Geocaching Charted

Geocaching Charted 2023

Earlier this year, we charted a course towards success for our 2023 geocaching goals. Now, we’ve finally reached our destination and made many great geocaching memories along the way!

Let’s take a look back at your geocaching stats for the full year. Whether you were all about the numbers or just here to make memories, this email will show you where you’ve been and maybe just help you plan where you want to go in 2024.

Without further ado, let’s get charted…

________

I got my stats in the geocaching charted email today and it doesn't look correct to me. I did not hide 11 geocaches this year. 

Has anybody else found their stats to be off?

8 minutes ago, Max and 99 said:

I got my stats in the geocaching charted email today and it doesn't look correct to me. I did not hide 11 geocaches this year. 

I show you as having published 6 caches + 5 Adventure locations = 11 total hides. Is this incorrect?

• Helpful 2
Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Moun10Bike said:

I show you as having published 6 caches + 5 Adventure locations = 11 total hides. Is this incorrect?

Just figured it out. You beat me to it. Thank you.

I also didn't believe the number of Founds until I realized it included adventure labs. It's all good!

Sorry about that, Chief!

Edited by Max and 99
  • Funny 2
3 hours ago, Max and 99 said:

Mine were right on the money.  But if "money" meant I'd be paid, I'd be living under a bridge by now...  :laughing:   I even gave one FP.

Treatments well into February, since I've been good, I'm looking at cutting a deal with the doc for walks longer than around the tiny park near me.

I gave out 43 FPs across 219 finds, thanks to the 20 bonus FPs earlier in the year, but I'm now back in deficit so I need to be a bit more selective with my favouriting. It's difficult, though, with few new caches being published now but most of those being good quality and great experiences. Gone are the days of a steady stream of 1.5/1.5 trads to bulk up my find count with non-favourites.

The other slightly surprising stat was 9 hides during the year, as my annual average had previously been about 5. At the start of the year I hadn't really planned on hiding any new caches, other than one I'd been trying to get approval for from national parks (and I'm still waiting on that).

Update on the situation: approximately one and a half hours after the original mail, I got another one with the title „Link fixed: Geocaching Charted survey“ and they changed the text to „Did you try to take the survey and were not able to? We updated the survey link and are looking forward to hearing from you!“. It‘s the same link, so the one from the original mail works now too.

Best regards

AutoMagicGeo

• Upvote 1

My improvement suggestion was to add links to the found logs and listings. 

image.thumb.png.841ea0455c98ba894437f485b1272149.png

Seems like a lot of this should be accessible from the web page with custom filters. Hey more Premium features or add an elite level.

• Upvote 1
  • Funny 1
14 hours ago, MNTA said:

My improvement suggestion was to add links to the found logs and listings. 

<...>

Seems like a lot of this should be accessible from the web page with custom filters. Hey more Premium features or add an elite level.

You mean above 'Platinum Membership'?

• Love 2