Jump to content

Updates to the Adventure Lab® credit distribution process


Recommended Posts

Hello adventurers,

 

As part of the next phase of the evolution of the Adventure Lab platform, Geocaching HQ has made some updates to the Adventure Lab credit process, detailed below.

 

  • We are still selecting geocachers regularly from those who meet the criteria and are in geographic locations we are targeting for Adventures. Our efforts are to make Adventure creation accessible to as many different creators as possible.  
  • Our first priority is to make sure that Premium members who qualify receive at least one credit. Please use the Adventure request form to request a credit (all credits include up to 5 Locations, unless granted as a business partnership). If you own multiple Geocaching.com accounts, please apply with only one account. 
  • We have removed deadlines for the creation of Adventures. Adventure creation, and Public Adventures, have no expiration date, although if there are issues they may be turned off at the discretion of Geocaching HQ.
  • We occasionally provide opportunities to receive additional second and third credits. These are based on a random selection (with geographic distribution) and will take place at least two times in the first half of 2021. If you complete your Adventure and make it Public by March 31 or by June 302021, you have the chance to be selected to create an additional Adventure.
  • For those who receive an email about being awarded an additional credit, this may be a new credit, or one that we have previously provided that has not yet been used.
  • At this time, we are unable to transfer Adventure Lab credits between accounts. If you do not plan to use your credit, you can simply leave it on your account. No action is necessary. If you know someone who wants a credit, please encourage them to check their eligibility and submit a request through the Adventure request form.
  • There is no need for users to write in to request Adventure credits or deadline extensions. It is a random selection and there are no deadlines. We are currently unable to fulfill requests outside this format.

 

We hope this is helpful, and thank you for your patience as we continue fine-tuning Adventure Lab. 

Edited by ktaylor211
clarity
Link to post
12 hours ago, ktaylor211 said:
  • We occasionally provide opportunities to receive additional second and third credits. These are based on a random selection (with geographic distribution) and will take place at least two times in the first half of 2021. If you complete your Adventure and make it Public by March 31 or by June 302021, you have the chance to be selected to create an additional Adventure.


Located in Asia, very few premium players here, and with geographic distribution in mind, I would love a third Adventure!  

Edited by Barnyard Dawg
Link to post
5 minutes ago, Barnyard Dawg said:


Located in Asia, very few premium players here, and with gGeographic distribution in mind, I would love a third Adventure!  

 

As far as I know, you also can use the Adventure request form, despite having already published AL's

Link to post
8 hours ago, Lynx Humble said:

Yeah more crappy AL coming soon... Is Geocaching a virtual game now?


The distribution maps of virtuals and adventures show that the bulk of these dropped in Europe and North America.  I live in Asia, and for us these are still rare cache types!  We would love to place more and make up for the difference.  It would be nice if HQ would provide the few players with more credits for adventures and virtuals so we have a chance to catch up.  Also, virtuals being a grandfathered type, allow for these to be adopted to increase their survival rates!  Assuming the distrubution of adventures will also come to end at some point, I would suggest the same for Adventures, allow these to be adopted by players who care!
 

8 hours ago, Lynx Humble said:

Any update on improving the AL experience? The wish list of basic missing features is pretty long and we are waiting for 2 years now.


Yes please!  Adventures are the most fake-logged type ever!  The option to delete fake logs is an absolute must!  Right now, no management is possibile and no reviewers involved either so a CO can only build and subsequently walk away.  I rotate question and answers regularly to avoid answer being shared.  Not ideal, but I remain hopeful.

  • Upvote 1
  • Surprised 1
Link to post
19 minutes ago, sernikk said:

 

As far as I know, you also can use the Adventure request form, despite having already published AL's

 

Until recently, any request for an extra lab was answered with a standard reply that it wasn't possible within the current format.  New guidelines, new oppertunities of course!

 

Link to post
3 hours ago, ru.beus said:

I have a question.  Does the previously awarded credit for creating AL still have a specific dedline, or can it be used at any time?

There are no more deadlines for any credits that have been distributed so far. We instead have “incentives” to finish by March 31 or June 30. We will do random drawings at those times, to provide additional credits for those who have completed theirs by those dates. 

  • Helpful 3
Link to post

Today I received my third notification that I'd been awarded another Adventure Lab credit, due to the success of my first Adventure.  Each time I get one of these notices, I become excited and I go to the Adventure website to check my Credits, hoping to see the number of Credits increase.  But, I still have just one unused credit pending.  Why do I keep receiving duplicate notices?  I wouldn't mind them if the notices were phrased as "reminders."

 

At the end of today's email, I was advised to visit this section of the "Geoaching.com forums" for more information.  Not sure if that was a typo or a Freudian slip comment!  :P

Anyhow, that's my bellyache.

  • Funny 1
Link to post
23 hours ago, The Leprechauns said:

But, I still have just one unused credit pending.  Why do I keep receiving duplicate notices?

@The Leprechauns Sincere apologies for the confusion here. We continue update the credit process in order to meet our efforts of making Adventure creation accessible to as many different creators as possible. Some of the tools used to support this process are one step behind us. Earlier this year, when we discovered the confusion, we updated the email to 2nd and 3rd credit recipients to include the statement;

"We have randomly selected geocachers from those who meet the criteria and are in locations we are targeting. You were chosen as part of this process. This may be a new credit, or one that we have previously provided that has not yet been used."


Thank you for your patience as we work on tools to support Adventure Lab, both the "behind the scenes" work that affects things like credit communications and the more exciting features that enhance play within the app. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Funny 1
Link to post
13 minutes ago, Spacemann Spiff said:

I was awarded an Adventure Lab credit a couple of months ago. I'm now sitting at the location I've chosen, attempting to build the A.L., and my credit is nowhere to be seen! What happened???

 

When I look at your account in our database, I still show an outstanding credit. Perhaps try logging out and back in?

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
17 minutes ago, Spacemann Spiff said:

I was awarded an Adventure Lab credit a couple of months ago. I'm now sitting at the location I've chosen, attempting to build the A.L., and my credit is nowhere to be seen! What happened???

Greetings! You do still have an active credit that you may use to create an Adventure. This Help Center article has all of the information you need. Congrats, and have fun creating!

  • Upvote 1
Link to post


Regarding:
 

1 hour ago, Moun10Bike said:

 

When I look at your account in our database, I still show an outstanding credit. Perhaps try logging out and back in?


...and:

 

1 hour ago, ktaylor211 said:

Greetings! You do still have an active credit that you may use to create an Adventure. This Help Center article has all of the information you need. Congrats, and have fun creating!


Nope.
I've signed out and signed back in.  It still only allows me to "Opt in" for receiving a future credit, or requesting a credit, etc.

Nowhere does it show me already having a credit.  And I already have a copy of the Builder Guide.  Nowhere on my app/account does it show me where I can Create an Adventure as per the instructions in the Builder Guide.

I had planned this whole afternoon to work on this, at ground zero, and have been gathering photos, coordinates and other research for weeks.  Ended up having to turn around and drive home, so I could find the email of when I was awarded the credit.  It shows I have until March 31st.
But the app shows no ability for me to create an A.L., only to request for one to be awarded sometime "in the next few months."

Very frustrated.

 

Link to post
2 minutes ago, Spacemann Spiff said:


Regarding:
 


...and:

 


Nope.
I've signed out and signed back in.  It still only allows me to "Opt in" for receiving a future credit, or requesting a credit, etc.

Nowhere does it show me already having a credit.  And I already have a copy of the Builder Guide.  Nowhere on my app/account does it show me where I can Create an Adventure as per the instructions in the Builder Guide.

I had planned this whole afternoon to work on this, at ground zero, and have been gathering photos, coordinates and other research for weeks.  Ended up having to turn around and drive home, so I could find the email of when I was awarded the credit.  It shows I have until March 31st.
But the app shows no ability for me to create an A.L., only to request for one to be awarded sometime "in the next few months."

Very frustrated.

 

So on the builder guide when you're logged in there's no credit at the top right? And there's no longer a deadline by the way. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post

OK...
 

6 minutes ago, Max and 99 said:

So on the builder guide when you're logged in there's no credit at the top right? And there's no longer a deadline by the way. 


My Builder Guide is printed out, so I could handily refer to it as I was "building" while at Ground Zero....

 

2 minutes ago, Moun10Bike said:

Just to clarify, in case there is a misunderstanding: you can only build an Adventure on the web - https://labs.geocaching.com/builder/adventures


Oh, well, that makes a difference.  WHY wouldn't this function be available through the app?????? 
Yes, now that I followed that link, I see a credit in the top, right.

Guess I need to make a bookmark of that page and use my phone's browser.  The next time I go down there, that is.

Thanks for the assistance.

 

  • Funny 1
  • Surprised 1
Link to post
2 minutes ago, Spacemann Spiff said:

Yes, now that I followed that link, I see a credit in the top, right.

Glad you found it.

And you did see this, right:

11 minutes ago, Max and 99 said:

And there's no longer a deadline by the way. 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...