Eastside cachers

Pepper

What's the little blue squares? And a WARN log?

The blue squares are a graphic representation of how many posts you have. New people to the forums or people who don't post a lot have a single square; those with 1000 or more posts have 4 squares.

The warn meter is an idicator of how close you are to getting banned from the forums. If you break forum posting guidelines (such as with an offensive post), your warn level will go up. Moderators are responsible for adjusting warn levels.

I lost my first cache to a flood. Pepper came out to play today, and we went to check on my 5 Year Cache.....which seems to currently be under water. :D

Has anyone else lost caches to flooding this year?

Cin

Hey Cin

Very early this year (January 2), I lost my Something Fishy cache to unusually high tides. It was quite sad, as it was the first cache that I had ever placed. :D Sorry about yours-we can mourn our caches together! :P

I just clicked on my warning (0%) :P with my 5 little light orange square boxes and I think it means if your bad in the forums you get a warning.

I guess if you bad all the time your little orange squares trun red and your sent to your room.

Pepper

Edited by Team SuperGenius
On the Dragon Hunter cache, how did you determine what game to play? I think I'm missing something here.

The game is in the graphics. I don't want to give too much away, but it should be okay to say that the game _________________. (I decided to just say that it is a Chinese tile game)

Pepper and I finished up all three of the Dragon Hunter series today. We had a great time with them. Indeed, we placed another in our series of tribute caches near Dragon Hunter-the Initiation. You should be able to find our new one, On the Way #3, on the web site soon.

Evergreenhiker, the Initiation is your kind of cache (yes, that means there is bushwhacking involved) -- I'm amazed you haven't found it yet! :P

I'm exhausted from climbing over fallen logs. It must be time for a nap....

Cin

Edited by CachinCin
On the Dragon Hunter cache, how did you determine what game to play? I think I'm missing something here.

The game is in the graphics. I don't want to give too much away, but it should be okay to say that the game _________________. (I decided to just say that it is a Chinese tile game)

Pepper and I finished up all three of the Dragon Hunter series today. We had a great time with them. Indeed, we placed another in our series of tribute caches near Dragon Hunter-the Initiation. You should be able to find our new one, On the Way #3, on the web site soon.

Evergreenhiker, the Initiation is your kind of cache (yes, that means there is bushwhacking involved) -- I'm amazed you haven't found it yet! :P

I'm exhausted from climbing over fallen logs. It must be time for a nap....

Cin

Well, I've been working lately so less tiem to go down South. Well, midweek, I was off, but the weather was crap. Hopefully this Sunday I'll go into a cache binge mode. Clean house on the eastside providing weather cooperates.

Today Pepper of Supergenius, me, Moun10Bike, Wienerdog, and LucyandRickie went out caching. We hit 7 out of 8. Can't remember the one we couldn't find. Apparently washed away. Anyhow, the cache we were really targeting was this one:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...6-2B67A738E782}

EraSeek caches are some of my favorites to do. He takes you to cool places. I highly recommend this one! At another cache, Fir Island Rookery, we saw a bald eagle perched up on a tree. Forgot my camera though...dadgum! I think others in the group took pics so perhaps one will be posted. We also saw blue herons here and there in the region. All in all a great day!!!

Yes today was an awesome day of caching with all of the 4digit cachers in WA.

I realized I was the only one of the group to have not hit 1000 yet. Oh well no matter what an amazing day!

My thanks go out to EraSeek for all of you hard that continually keeps we cachers entertained!

Pepper

Anyone have fun geocaching plans for Thanksgiving? I know it will be wet, but hey, what's a little rain?

I'm being treated to a scrumptious dinner by a fellow cacher on Thursday. I wonder if the turkey will be stuffed with cache items? No no, she wouldn't do that to us without making us search for it first....would she? Does this mean I need to bring my GPS? Hmmm....and maybe my backpack.... do I need any rain gear? Naw, that's probably too much... :)

Never go anywhere without fresh batteries for your GPS,

Cin

Anyone have fun geocaching plans for Thanksgiving? I know it will be wet, but hey, what's a little rain?

I'm being treated to a scrumptious dinner by a fellow cacher on Thursday. I wonder if the turkey will be stuffed with cache items? No no, she wouldn't do that to us without making us search for it first....would she? Does this mean I need to bring my GPS? Hmmm....and maybe my backpack.... do I need any rain gear? Naw, that's probably too much... :)

Never go anywhere without fresh batteries for your GPS,

Cin

Well, nothing etched in stone. Probably nothing special on Turkey day itself. Might go caching down south on Friday, but not sure.

:) Oh my two fresh Pumpkin Pie's just came out of the oven.

Who wants coordinates?

hehehe

Pepper

:) Fresh? Homemade? Coordinates?

Did you have coords. for the recipie?

My pumpkin pies are sitting on the kitchen counter ....... they have a lable on them.... QFC...... $4.99!

Pepper you are the 'Martha Stewart' of the Geo-Woman! Wait... Martha hasn't been a good girl lately. How about Betty Crocker? A good old gal. Her pie crust was ALMOST as good as my Moms!

Gobble, gobble!

:) Donna Crocker (Okay.......OFC!)

Hey, Pepper is wayyyyyy better than a fictional character! (Betty Crocker is not, and never was, real -- she's like Aunt Jemima or Pop-n-Fresh) Pepper even makes her own crusts! Oh, and she's making me vegetarian stuffing; that's above and beyond the call of duty. :)

Hmmmm....just to get this back to the topic of geocaching....

Has anyone been working on a good puzzle cache lately? tricky/devious hides? unique multi-caches? Jeff has 4 days off this week, and I want to make sure he actually gets some R&R.

Cin

Hey, Pepper is wayyyyyy better than a fictional character! (Betty Crocker is not, and never was, real -- she's like Aunt Jemima or Pop-n-Fresh) Pepper even makes her own crusts! Oh, and she's making me vegetarian stuffing; that's above and beyond the call of duty. :(

Hmmmm....just to get this back to the topic of geocaching....

Has anyone been working on a good puzzle cache lately? tricky/devious hides? unique multi-caches? Jeff has 4 days off this week, and I want to make sure he actually gets some R&R.

Cin

I've given up on this one for now:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...A-E1187B6B744D}

Fropm what I hear it's more work than it's worth but let's see if Jeff can crack this baby in short order.

Yeah, Jeff and I have been working on Alea Jacta est for a few weeks. I think we're almost there (after getting some hints from the cache owner at the WSGA-PS meeting). This is what happens when someone who works with cryptography creates a puzzle cache! My eyes are spinning :(:D:P:D

Cin

Sounds like a lot of work for a micro! I will give it a go when I get inspired. Runhills let me in on how many translations are required. Too bad this isn't a box like the one up in Everett was.