Possible a new world record ?

OZ2CPU

We have been working together closely with the reviewers, about how to make their work as easy as possible,

we even created a pc program to make GC link lists, from our GPS files,

so they be more happy, and we make less errors from creating them manually.

Anyone know how many caches ever released at one time ??

I bet you're glad you didn't submit that lot and then realise each one was only 526 feet from the previous one rather than 530 feet. That would have been a lot of work to correct.

What distance does this monster trail cover? 2173 caches x 0.1 mile means at least 217 miles but it looks like it's probably further than that.

ET highway was not released same day ?!?! right ??

our trail is 909 kilometers = 565 miles

at least, I dont really know the real distance, since there are a few places you can swap abit arround

also the release party quickly turned into a MEGA event :

http://coord.info/GC481VX

see the pictures if you cant read the logs.. many other caches was also released,

so far all people was entertained plenty the entire day, I was out from 800 to 2200 I still feel really tired

Edited by OZ2CPU

>Will they be maintained?

YES !! at least that is the plan,

they are made by 26 different CO's along the rute, each live close to their part of the rute

AND each CO is carefully selected after their stats, low NM and quich maintanence,

and also we have defined a stop date.. so this project will not be a newer ending story..

Edited by OZ2CPU

Yes, yours appears to be the biggest one day release for the same trail. Enjoy your 15 minutes in the spotlight. :D

It looks like a lot of fun and a great way to see the Danish countryside. I doubt I will have the chance to experience it, but like to think I might. I have enjoyed the three major power trail vacations I have taken with my friends.

Since you already have an endgame in mind for this project, I think it would be a very good idea to announce this at least six months in advance both in the forums and on the page for 001. Many cachers will make travel plans around a trail like this one, some with significant non-refundable costs involved. It would be a shame for them to find out a week before departure that the trail is being shut down in a planned action.

Edited by wimseyguy

Such things is why we made the 0000 info page..

so there is ONE place to find all important info,

we can offcourse not update so many cache pages, and we also wanted to use as little as possible bytes on each of them

since each byte is 2kb in the total file on your GPS.. and a large file on the GPS = slow and buggy GPS

>2000, the rumor on the street is another 500 is coming

you talk about ET..

and I talk about world record of mass release in ONE day.. if you keep add caches, sure the ET will be the biggest PT

however not the one with most caches released in ONE day :-) until you release another 2174 or more the same day :-)

yesterday August 31 2013 we released 2173 caches

26 different Cache Owerners worked together for one year, planning and making all this possible.

more info here:

http://coord.info/GC43AG3

I noticed in the cache write up.

Please follow traffic rules, and good geocacher style.

Does that mean the lame American ways of doing a powertrail such as leapfrogging and container swapping is not acceptable ?

Edited by FunnyNose

yesterday August 31 2013 we released 2173 caches

26 different Cache Owerners worked together for one year, planning and making all this possible.

more info here:

I noticed in the cache write up.

Please follow traffic rules, and good geocacher style.

Does that mean the lame American ways of doing doing a powertrail such as leapfrogging and container swapping is not acceptable ?

Not all Americans do that, nor is it common.

I think this is delightful. I'll never do it all, but my wife and I have been contemplating a trip to Denmark one of these years (she's of Danish ancestry). I mostly want to go see the Lego factory, but this would add to my interest. A couple of days of a biking trip to get a chunk of this seems like great fun.

I don't like these power trails and don't really count them as real caches in my eyes as they're just about the numbers, not about the sport as a whole. I'm guessing they're probably just the same container or type placed the minimal distance possible between each other, in similar hide styles to make it easier for people to find them - and find them quickly. I may be wrong, and I'm sorry if that's the case.

I know it's a large undertaking and congratulations!

>I feel sorry for those who have notifications for Denmark caches sent to their phone.

YES, we did offcourse warn all people about this,

so they could turn off notifications for the time of the day for the release.

we also made bookmark lists, so people can get them, or find a nice easy way to put them on their ignore list,

it is perfectly fine if some people dont like, or understand, or find fun in caches like this.

this thread is NOT a discussion about likes or dislikes, plenty of threads for that, please go there..

Edited by OZ2CPU

I think this is delightful. I'll never do it all, but my wife and I have been contemplating a trip to Denmark one of these years (she's of Danish ancestry). I mostly want to go see the Lego factory, but this would add to my interest. A couple of days of a biking trip to get a chunk of this seems like great fun.

I won't do this trail, mainly because it's on Sjælland and we tend to be on Jylland when we're in Denmark, but biking in Denmark is one of the loveliest things in the world - highly recommended (just avoid the wind if it's howling!).

what part of this, did you not understand ?

this thread is NOT a discussion about likes or dislikes, plenty of threads for that, please go there..

People with an imagination have allready found several new funny games they can use this PT for,

no need to talk bad about caches you dont like or not understand.. just dont seek them, then

and please spend your time creating caches you like, and spread the word about what kind of cool things you can do..

this thread is NOT a discussion about...

Two brief comments and then I'll exit gracefully:

1) There really was no "What it's about" in the first post. Just sort of an announcement.

Having said that, you didn't seem to mind the POSITIVE off-topic posts...

2) It seems like the newest game within the game has some characteristics of GO: see how many large chunks of territory you can take out of play for the other player(s). OK, maybe I don't really understand GO.

People with an imagination have allready found several new funny games they can use this PT for,

no need to talk bad about caches you dont like or not understand.. just dont seek them, then

and please spend your time creating caches you like, and spread the word about what kind of cool things you can do..

This is a public forum. Comments and opinions are not only welcomed, but also encouraged.

yesterday August 31 2013 we released 2159 caches

DK-POWER.jpg

more info here:

Wow! Did the reviewer(s) cry?

Only the ones who prefer quality over quantity. :lol::P

Ouch!

Any idea how many person-hours were dedicated to this noble cause for the benefit of humanity?!

;)

Very impressive... and I'm certain that you have the record for # of caches placed in one day (and likely the longest power trail in existence). Even though I'll likely never get there to do this I would like to thank all of you for your imagination and the work it took to creat this. I am in awe! :o

Edited by styx

It is definitely a world record for biggest and longest powertrail of all time with the most amount of new hides dumped on one area at once. It ranks up there as perhaps one of the greatest achivements of mankind!

• Declaration of Human Rights. - The idea of equality, liberty, and justice
  • Understanding Nature of Human existence - From Aristotle, to Newton and Einstein. The greatest minds have helped better understand the place of human beings in the greater cosmos through the laws of gravity and other scientific discoveries.
  • Development of Modern Medicine and Vaccinations
  • Moon Landing
  • Building the Great Pyramids
  • The First Flight by the Wright brothers 1901
  • The Placement of the 2159 unit DK Powertrail Geocache Series in Denmark
  • The Works of William Shakespeare
  • Climbing Mount Everest - Symbolising the adventurous spirit of man
  • Leonardo Da Vinci's Mona Lisa

Edited by 4wheelin_fool