Christmas themed Geocache

Mcpat12

What are you going to do after christmas though? Are we allowed to change it up afterwards?

Maybe you could decorate a tree out in the woods with decorated film canisters or ornaments that open up and they will have to open each one to find the log?

If you're the religious type, you could plan a fun nativity themed multi? Have them go in order and set up each area to reflect what happened (wise men, inn house, manger etc)

I don't know if this would be allowed, but maybe do a santa themed one that ends with a collection bin that was placed somewhere at a grocery store where everyone donates a small toy for toys for tots?

Christmas tree in the middle of a tree-less area? or maybe a LnL or ammo can painted like a wrapped present.

What are you going to do after christmas though? Are we allowed to change it up afterwards?

I don't know if this would be allowed, but maybe do a santa themed one that ends with a collection bin that was placed somewhere at a grocery store where everyone donates a small toy for toys for tots?

First part; you can change the container everyday, but the idea is that if it's anew caching experience then it should be archived and a new cache submitted. SO a micro on a tree to a micro on a fence would be allowed.

That would not be allowed for two reasons-Additional logging requirements. You would have to let them log a find even if they don't donate. And it could be considered an "agenda" if you ask people to donate on the cache page. Now if it just happens to end near the donation bins, and you put in the hint that "The final is located behind the red donation bins" or whatever then it might get through.

I've seen a few caches put out with a Christmas theme that remain all year, with a Christmas name. I have also seen a couple that were put up for Christmas and had the name changed after the holiday.

I have been toying with the idea of a season cache. One that would be themed for whatever holiday is coming up. I wouldn't be changing the name or location of the cache. But after the holiday I would clean out the previous stuff, box it up and save it for the next year. Then fill it with stuff for the next upcoming holiday. Plus, people could add stuff for any holiday they wanted, from Christmas to national hot dog day. :)

Seems like a high maintenance cache, but if it was close to home, it would be fun to see what holidays people would add stuff for.

Edited by uxorious

Although there is no cache placement at the location -- there is a fully decorated (no lights) year-round Christmas tree located deep in the Hiawatha National Forest, in Upper Michigan. Folks from all over, not just local, keep it decorated nicely replacing the old, weathered and broken ornaments. Many are snowmobile tourists.

Too many muggles to place a cache there.

I see no reason not to have a year-round Christmas cache, but I may have a prejudicial outlook as we live nearby a Village by the name of Christmas.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :)

Edited by Gitchee-Gummee

Here is a picture of the best Christmas themed cache I ever found.

The CO had set it up so that when you flipped a switch after opening the cache, the tree lit up and recorded Christmas songs began to play.

There were also many blank Christmas cards that you could fill out and leave for other cachers. If you mentioned that you left a card for cacher X, the CO would notify cacher X that there was a card waiting for them in the cache.

f0d61002-69f6-4e38-8e9e-1949fe66ef10.jpg?rnd=0.9659802

Edited by nittany dave