FTF for micro or nano

Years ago we placed FTF prizes in caches to get someone interested in heading out.

Today, with so many cachers and quite a few out for FTF, it's no longer needed.

On larger caches, we've noticed that some still think they should be rewarded for the FTF and take something without trading anyway. <_<

Well since you really cant fit anything in a nano that answers the question doesn't it? :ph34r:

I rarely do a FTF prize. Usually only if there is an event at a food establishment, then I'll put a gift card in for that place. A new log is a good enough prize for a lot of people.

I can see high volume COs not putting in a prize. It's not necessary at all. We're low volume hiders so still think it's fun to find something cool to put in there. Our second hide was a micro so we put a note in it instructing the FTF where to find the prize. It was about 20 feet from the cache.

Edited by Sharks-N-Beans

Well, many hide a similar way to what they've been finding when they start.

We happened along at a time when longer walks and medium to large containers were in style and we used containers and hides that matched.

These folks have found a couple of 3s and a 4.5 in terrain and also found regular sized containers, so they may do hides for those in the future as well.

I've always placed FTF prizes, even for skirt lifters. Mostly just $1 bills, but it's a prize nonetheless. :anicute: On one of my harder to find caches I did an unactivated travel bug dog tag. The container was too small, but I mailed it to FTF. I really believe in FTF prizes, just as good geokarma. :anibad:

I've always placed FTF prizes, even for skirt lifters. Mostly just $1 bills, but it's a prize nonetheless. :anicute: On one of my harder to find caches I did an unactivated travel bug dog tag. The container was too small, but I mailed it to FTF. I really believe in FTF prizes, just as good geokarma. :anibad:

I don't believe in FTF prizes. I think in encourages an aspect of the game that is not good for the game and has the potential for actually harming the game.

I don't believe in FTF prizes. I think in encourages an aspect of the game that is not good for the game and has the potential for actually harming the game.

...the game.

...the game.

ugh! Seriously! <_<

...the game.

Say [game] again..

I agree. And in many (most?) areas, most FTF's are claimed time and time again by one of a quite small group of repeat "offenders". The FTF prize is NOT their primary motivation. It's bragging rights and thrill of the chase. They don't need any additional encouragement.

In most areas you'll have the same few people finding all the new caches and most do not care about an FTF prize, in fact I have never taken one yet (with the exception of 2 geocoins that were FTF prizes sponsored by B.C. Parks and Gold Country), I leave them for others. I would suggest however taking the money you planned to spend on the FTF prize and adding it to the swag for any kids that find your cache.