COINTEST: The Really Lame Story Cointest

boiler-todd

Simple - I sleep while you all dream up lame stories.

I have to pay international postage on all purchases.

I have no option but international on all missions, while those in the US bleat about international post rates!

I'm freezing cold in the winter, while you lot (keewee excepted) enjoy the warm summer sun!

I can't cache for weekends in a row - Mid winter storm is entering it's third weekend in a row!

And do I appreciate it all ....

time will tell, only if I WIN!

You see, the person staring straight ahead on the top floor? That is supposed to be me. It is a memory trigger. I suffer from Short Term Memory Loss Syndrome. I didn't realize I was lost until I went here: http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=274456 to view the coin. The person on the 7th floor (this is a 9 story building)is my husband, pacing and looking for me. The person on the scaffolding represents my disease and reminds me of the hypnosis session that triggered my memory. Apparently, I've been missing for quite some time because the trees in the park were mere sapplings when I left. How sad. Unfortunately, the only way I can find my way home is to stare at the "Home is Where the Cache Is" coin so that I don't forget again. I'm pretty sure my doctor or someone I know had them minted so that I would be able to find my apartment building next to the park... however I forgot who that was. I need the "Home is Where the Cache Is" coin because I need to return home. It would be my first geocoin - another sign! And then... and then... um... what was I going to say? Uh...

Edited by Hilltop Homeschooler

I want to win the coin.... because I can not find any lame reason to post... and I have just broken the rule of 2 entries per cacher.... so I will have better chances in winning it!!! hmmm... isn't that lame?? YES! that's it! I have a lame reason to post for! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Edited by GATOULIS

Picture me as a woman named Peg, wearing a neck brace, and walking up to a cash register in a Target (Target is a department store).

Peg: Hey, girlfriend!

Target Lady: Hey!

Peg: So, I strained my neck…

Target Lady: How’d you do that, Girlfriend?

Peg: I was pushin’ a wash machine up a hill when my fashion sandal got caught on a decorative yard prick, is that just not classic Peg?

[she chortles to herself silently, shoulders shaking from mirth. She will do this every time she says the words “Classic Peg”]

Target Lady: Classic Peg!

Peg: So then I tripped and tried to brace myself on the washer lid but I ended up breaking it off and fallin inside! I rolled all the way down the hill inside of it. I mean I was holdin’ on to the cup that holds the softener and my legs were clinched around the agitator pole, can you believe it? Is that not just classic Peg?

Target Lady: So Classic!

Peg: So the next thing I know, I’m peerin’ my head out of the machine, it’s eight in the morning and I’m behind the Dunky Donuts by the private airport. Claaaaaasic Peg!

Peg leaves to shop for a little while, then returns...

Target Lady: Peg! You’re back!

Peg: You are never gonna believe what just happened to me, girl. I was checkin my mascara in one of the fish tanks when all of a sudden I felt this tiny pinch on the edge of my panty band. I looked around, pushed my slacks down to my ankles and saw somethin’ crawlin’ on me. It was a Black Widow Spider!

Target Lady: Those are poisonous!

Peg: I know! So I flicked it on the ground and get this, it was a half-flattened licorice jelly bean. So there I was, laughin’ with my comfort slacks around my ankles at the fish tanks at Target! Classic Peg! Then guess who runs into me? My Preacher from church! And guess what he said?

Target Lady: [Excitedly] That Heaven has a Target?!

Peg: [Confused]: No…he didn’t say that. [Laughs silently, sholders shaking.] Classic Peg!

----------------------------

So...as you can see...I've had a rather embarrassing day. I've gotten quite a fever...and the only prescription (besides more cowbell) is a shiny new geocoin! Thank you, in advance, for your consideration.

will be hospital when competition ends.....

so I will not see that I win, until the coin makes it through the ash clouds, over the seas, around the world and down into the winter hemisphere to me!

Winter! oh you TEASE!!!! We have just set a record here for the hottest day since like 1938!

Yeah, I know..... breaking rules ---- my third post, but I HAVE to reply

Parts of New Zealand set records yesterday for the COLDEST recorded days.

Ok, only 1 C yesterday in Wellington. Snow all over the South Island, and many, many parts of the North Island too....

And they call this the South Pacific - island nations in the sun!

2nd try:

(this is the truth - and it's lameness is that it's mushy). My friend introduced me to geocaching a month or so ago. She has been geocaching since 2007, and doesn't own ONE trackable. I bought one of these coins for myself, but would LOVE to win this one to give to her to thank her for introducing me to geocaching. See? Mushy!

I deserve this coin, because I had to send a lame email to the OP to remind them there is a lame deadline that lamely passed by. But I'm so lame, I don't even collect geocoins, so I don't really want to enter this lame cointest. Don't pick me!!! I don't enter cointests, lame or not! :laughing:

Edit to add, I'm so lame, I didn't feel like washing a real fork to eat my lunch, so I'm eating it with a cocktail fork. :lol:

Edited by Eartha

Well the OP wanted to run the stories past his coworkers and friends to identify which one of us is the lameyist.

{Shameless self plug for just creating the word lameyist.)

Hopefully we hear back soon... As it is pretty lame that we all are hunkered over our keyboards with such great anticipation

Ok... look what is going on... for a similar coin... there are 2 different cointests.... this one who will see who is the lamest and the other to see who is the geekest!!

and... the winners will be happy for their wins!!!! :laughing: WOW!!! that's lame!!!! hehehehehehehehe

Maybe the OP to this thread will wait to see who wins the geeky cointest, and then they get to be the lamest as well because they're so geeky! :lol::blink:

Ok... look what is going on... for a similar coin... there are 2 different cointests.... this one who will see who is the lamest and the other to see who is the geekest!!

and... the winners will be happy for their wins!!!! :laughing: WOW!!! that's lame!!!! hehehehehehehehe

Maybe the OP to this thread will wait to see who wins the geeky cointest, and then they get to be the lamest as well because they're so geeky! :lol::blink:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: oups... wait why I am laughing??? I am in the top of the lists in posts in both cointests!!! :laughing::anitongue::anicute:

THE LAMEST IS ...

All the great posts were narrowed down to three finalists(post #12-Six Little Spookies, #30-labrat_wr, and #35-mamoreb). Voting took place with my family and friends, both geocachers and muggles. AND THE WINNER IS MAMOREB.

Thanks to all that entered. Here is the winning entry.

"I really need this coin for comfort. The sun is shining brightly outside, everyone is out having a good time. Unfortunately, I already have a bad allergy day. My head is swollen like a marshmallow, I want to scratch my eyes out, etc. There's no way I could get near all that grass outdoors.

Now, if only I had a cat or a dog to play with and cuddle with on this boring indoor day... But I'm allergic to those too! I could probably get some fish, but you know that it is very hard to cuddle with fish. A GEOCOIN, on the other hand! Nice textures to stroke, cheerful colours, cooling material - the perfect pet for an allergic!

Now, send me my new pet quickly, before the grass stops blooming! :) "

Congratulations mamoreb!!!!