COINTEST: The Really Lame Story Cointest

boiler-todd

This cointest is the result of me being one of the three winning entries in the "What would you do?" cointest, where I won one of EyeD10T's awesome “Home is Where the Cache Is”, Series 2 geocoins.

One of the terms for winning the Cointest, is that we would actually run our cointest idea. So, here it is! The Really Lame Story Cointest.

I would like to see a cointest where people come up with a really really lame reason(s) or story why they need to have this geocoin.

For example, I just got divorced and my ex-wife took half my geocoin collection. I am trying to replenish my stock. OR... I was abducted by aliens when I was out geocaching in the woods. After they were done probing me they sent me back to earth but they kept my backpack that had all my geocoins in it.

The Rules:

This cointest will run from July 8, 2011 to July 31, 2011 at 6am PST. The winner of the cointest will receive the second “Home is Where the Cache Is” geocoin, in gold finish, that EyeD10T sent me to run the cointest,

Only two entries per account name, please. Let's not be greedy. :D

My family, some work friends, and I will judge the entries.

No whining about the story I pick. My tastes and sense of humor may not be the same as yours. You’re just winning a Geocoin not $1,000. :lol:

Again, Thanks EyeD190T for the award. This is my first attempt at running a cointest. Please let me know if I am missing anything. Good Luck and be creative!

Not another cointest? Do we really need another cointest???

Gee, doesn't anybody buy coins to keep for themselves anymore??? No, we buy them just to give them away.

So OK, let's give one away.

I don't need another stinkin' geocoin, but I think I should win it anyway. Because I'm not going to keep it either.

That's right!!! I'm going to give it away too. I'm going to attach a big note to it saying "Take me! Keep me!!! I'm yours!!! I don't care!!!" Then I'm going to put the coin in a nearby geocache and let somebody just take it.

I mean why not? That's what happens to them anyway. All the coins I ever released are all missing, so I've basically given them away.

And I know you probably have several geocoins missing too. But that's OK, because now I want one of yours so I can turn around and re-gift it to someone else. So there! How's that?!? I just don't care anymore.

(Oh I'm just kidding. Thanks for the cointest.)

I have tried to live my life accordingly. Up until now i've done everything i'm suppose to. Then the other day i find a little known text that states one must have both a Series 1 and Series 2 Home is Where the Cache Is Geocoin to be saved. So for the past several days i've been in search of the items that could decide my fate. Now it didn't specify the means by which to obtain the 1st Series. So i was able to obtain it rather easily. (Isn't that always the case in a life long quest?) But when it came down to finding the second i ran into a problem. The text was rather specific on how i had to get the 2nd Version. It can't be just any of the Series 2 Home is Where the Cache Is Geocoins. It has to be a Series 2 with gold finish and it must be won in a coin test. This had me dumbfounded. Where was i going to find a cointest where the prize was that exact coin? So as luck would have it YOU have given me the chance of a life time. Not only have you given me the opportunity to be saved but also the opportunity to pass on my story and let others know of the true path to salvation. So now it is up to you to decide my fate. Will you allow my poor soul to live in eternal damnation or will you permit me to be saved?

Now i ask that everyone please wait there turn. My need is great and there will be other cointests with the final coin you need to be saved. Plus you need to get the 1st Version anyway. Since i found the wisdom and already own one of the first versions of the coin its only right i should win this cointest.

Thank you one and all!

Edited by mpilchfamily

You want a lame story. How about this.

I went to Facebook to ask my friends for help in coming up with a lame story for why i need this coin. They suggested my lame story should be the fact that i went to Facebook for help. (true story BTW)

Edited by mpilchfamily

I have been on a diet for several months, eating only celery, cabbage soup, and grapefruit as I prepare to attend my high school reunion because I want to look my best. Last night I was dreaming, as has been the norm of late, about the event I have looked forward to for so long. All my old friends were there; we drank some fine wine and ate splendid appetizers in every shape and size. There were breads and crackers of many colors and flavors topped with brightly colored spreads, intricate designs of stacked meats and cheese, as well as sparkling transparent jellies and jams. It was a wonderful dream, but when I awoke, all my geocoins were gone.

Of course the coin should be given to me. I only allow myself to buy two types of coins: Shaped, artistic animal coins and round coins with symmetric patterns. This coin doesn't fall into any of those categories. However, if I got this coin, I would have to open up the types of coins that I collect to include this type of coins as well. (Let me think about how many categories this one could represent...) This would if course be beneficial both for my collection and the coin producing community. Double joy!

"It was a dark and stormy night; the rain fell in large buckets, soaking unprotected log books — except at 528 feet intervals, when it was checked by a violent gust of wind which swept up the cache lined streets, rattling ammo cans, and fiercely agitating the lamp post covers that struggled to hide their micros in the darkness. But alas, a single coin survives the devastation and finds its way home to me."

because if I will not win... I will put my parrot crying all day and night!

ok... that's not my parrot... but I have 2 parakeets! I will teach them how to cry and...it will be a dolby surround cry! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

edit to fix the video so you can see it better...

Edited by GATOULIS

My mailbox has acquired an appetite for metal, gold in particular.

It all started innocently enough one day when the mailman placed a soft manilla envelope mailer in her waiting mouth. Martha, our pet mailbox, had her first taste of coin. It was much more delicious than the standard paper bills and Pennysaver articles that she normally chewed on during the day. In fact, she enjoyed the mouth watering succulence of those coins so much that I distinctly remember her uttering a low growl when I collected the mail from her.

Martha was normally a very mild mannered and even tempered girl, but metal had driven her mad. She attacks anything metal that comes near her now for just another taste of the sweet stuff. We had a lady that would run with her dog in the neighborhood while wearing 80 bracelets and costume jewelry. One day I heard a scream outside and noticed her dog scampering down the street. Martha was wiping her lid off with her flag.

I confronted Martha. While she initially refused to acknowledge the incident, she knew that I was aware of what was happening.

For months now, I have been losing sleep at night trying to keep Martha sedated. I've tried staples, paperclips, even pocket change. She is losing her patience with me. It is now beyond a want, she NEEDS to feed. The mailman doesn't come near her anymore after she went for his watch. He just throws the mail at my yard and speeds away as fast as he can. I can't blame him I suppose...

If I was to win this coin, perhaps it would be enough to satiate Martha's appetite. Just enough so that she doesn't try to feed again on the innocent populous of our neighborhood... At least for a couple months... It would allow me a small break to rest so that I can regain my fortitude when she becomes distempered again...

I really need this coin 'cause standing at the streetcorner with my sandwich board on which reads

"Will work for geocoins" just hasn't been working. In fact, I keep needing to change corners since I get chased away with brooms by the storeowners. I guess they just don't understand my motivation :)

I really need to win this coin! You see... I have this really rare disease that causes my skin to burn, blister and causes intense pain everytime I am exposed to the sun. I haven't seen the sun in the last 20yrs. Did I mention that my dog died and her ashes arrived on what would have been her 14th birthday?(true). Anyway since the only thing that reminds me of what the sun looks like is geocoins, this coin would bring just a small amount of joy into my life. Did I mention that I am so ugly that women scream and children run away crying when they see me? Oh yeah and I live in a plastic bubble.

Edited by Serchnsoul

I really need this coin for comfort. The sun is shining brightly outside, everyone is out having a good time. Unfortunately, I already have a bad allergy day. My head is swollen like a marshmallow, I want to scratch my eyes out, etc. There's no way I could get near all that grass outdoors.

Now, if only I had a cat or a dog to play with and cuddle with on this boring indoor day... But I'm allergic to those too! I could probably get some fish, but you know that it is very hard to cuddle with fish. A GEOCOIN, on the other hand! Nice textures to stroke, cheerful colours, cooling material - the perfect pet for an allergic!

Now, send me my new pet quickly, before the grass stops blooming! :)

Energy costs went up very much in the last years. If I win the coin I really would save energy costs because I could try to solve mystery caches at night or even logg night caches by just using the light of the latern. In this case everybody is a winner because saved energy SAVES THE PLANET!!!!

Edited to replace mystery coins with mystery caches - for sure an indication of being coin addicted :lol:

Edited by yanagi

Last night, Darth Vader came down from planet Vulcan and told me that if I didn't win this coin that he'd melt my brain.

I like my brain.

Oh that's so funny. That is really lame if you have to rely on old movie quotes.

But there's only one thing lamer.

Logging on at 12:30 in the morning to point out how lame it is to use old movie quotes.

But that is a great movie quote. One of my favorites.

Last night, Darth Vader came down from planet Vulcan and told me that if I didn't win this coin that he'd melt my brain.

I like my brain.

Oh that's so funny. That is really lame if you have to rely on old movie quotes.

Logging on at 12:30 in the morning to point out how lame it is to use old movie quotes.

It IS really late, I can't tell if you're serious or not. :)

I like my brain.

Mmmm..... so Darth is from the same planet with Dr Spok..... or he just visited him during vacations?? :laughing:

I hope that after Vulcan....he will not come to Balkans too! :laughing: (except if Darth is a cacher.... ;) )

oh boy.... sometimes Sith Happens!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Of course I am kiding my friend! :D

Edited by GATOULIS

I like my brain.

I'm never serious at 12:30 in the morning.

I saw your second post as it was e-mailed to me before you deleted it. I understand where you're coming from.

Besides, is there anything serious about this cointest at all? It's nice to have a place to come to and not worry about acting stupid. Did you see my original cointest entry above? There was nothing serious about that one at all.

Just having fun. :laughing:

I like my brain.

I'm never serious at 12:30 in the morning.

I saw your second post as it was e-mailed to me before you deleted it. I understand where you're coming from.

Besides, is there anything serious about this cointest at all? It's nice to have a place to come to and not worry about acting stupid. Did you see my original cointest entry above? There was nothing serious about that one at all.

Just having fun. :laughing:

May the lamest person win! :)

As I am really new to this I actually posted a topic asking for anyone who didnt want an old geocoin or 2 would the donate them :P Got some good advice about entering these cointests that I knew nothing about so here I am. Guess thats pretty lame :P

Today I came across another geocacher as I was leaving a cache site and was getting back into my car when he stopped me to chat about geocaching. We chatted for a while and he gave me a really neat geocoin so I could start my own geocoin collection. He told me how proud he was of this coin and how he knew I would cherrish it as much as he did. This was his first geocoin and it meant the world to him and he wanted to give it to someone else that would cherrish it as much as he did for so many years. He said this was his last time geocaching and didn't explain to me why, but he really wanted me to have this special coin. I was so excited that I accidentally dropped the coin while looking at it. It started rolling down the parking area and we both ran after it as the coin went straight for the storm-drain. We were too late; down it went. We both sat their in disbelief staring down into the drain for over 30 minutes without saying a word. His eyes were filled with tears and I felt terrible. Finally another geocacher arrived and we told him our sad story. He said "Don't worry, another geocoin will come your way soon." And what do you know, I came home and found this cointest.

So I deserve the coin for coming up with a lame story to make you feel sorry for me and want to send me the coin (or at least want to send it to the make-believe guy that gave it to me). But it is true that I'm starting my own geocoin collection and this would be a great addition.