MailSender error?

BassoonPilot

Same error here.

It's just a server side component that sends email via .asp so it shouldn't interfere with the entry into the db - it just won't send an email.

-----------------------------------------

shipwreck.jpg

If you go into the huckleberry region back of Shark River you had better not scorn the story of the great pirate ship that sails without trouble in twelve inches of water, and has skeletons dangling at the mastheads. - Stephen Crane 1894

me2...

<thorn mode>

I thought these guys were programmers! (I won't get into whether or not writing VB should be considered programming... icon_wink.gif) Do they really need to use a 3rd party component for the trivial task of sending email?!?!

</thorn mode>

--

Pehmva!

Random quote:

sigimage.php

FYI...

I did a few test tonight. You cannot send other cachers a message through the bot (you knew that already). If a cache on your watch list is logged, you will not get an email notification. The same thing holds true if a cache you own is logged -- you get no notification.

Hopefully the issues will be resolved soon!

quote:
Originally posted by Cruzin!:

me2...

<thorn mode>

I thought these guys were programmers! (I won't get into whether or not writing VB should be considered programming... icon_wink.gif) Do they really need to use a 3rd party component for the trivial task of sending email?!?!

</thorn mode>

And of course reinventing the wheel is always such good programming practice!

If only life had an undo button....

London & UK Geocaching Resources: http://www.sheps.clara.net

it is also holding up the posting of a new multi cache I placed. Admin wants final numbers to check for nearby caches and posted a note to my unapproved cache page. I tried to send a mail but no go. Not about to post the final numbers to the cache page, what would be the point of the multi?

quote:
Originally posted by Cruzin!:

<thorn mode>

</thorn mode>--

Pehmva!

Random quote:

http://sthomas.net/sigimage.php

Oh I did not know these guys were actually programmers. I thought they just had an idea for a web site and went for it.

Yes VB is really programming. My employer actually pays me pretty well for doing just that everyday.

No there is no need for 3rd party components. The .NET framework provides everything one needs to send mail. It usually takes less than 10 lines of code to send mail with the built in object. Most times you can do it with 5 lines of code. I have used the component that is sending the error message. I got this error when I was using the trial version that allows using some of the "advanced" features for a time but then you have to pay for the product to continue using it. But the rest of the features will continue working.

By the way I have not had a break in getting my PQs. I have been getting them everyday within a very short time of creating them. Now I do delete and create new queries everyday. I don't know if that has something to do with it.

quote:
Originally posted by Fl Wolf:

it is also holding up the posting of a new multi cache I placed. Admin wants final numbers to check for nearby caches and posted a note to my unapproved cache page. I tried to send a mail but no go. Not about to post the final numbers to the cache page, what would be the point of the multi?

Nobody can see your posted note except the approvers until the cache is approved. Go ahead and post the final coords with a note for the approvers to delete the note before they approve the cache.

--Marky

"All of us get lost in the darkness, dreamers learn to steer with a backlit GPSr"

The license unfortunately did not transfer to the new machine. I was unaware of this since there was no warning before the email program expired. I have fixed it so emails can go through now. Sorry for the inconvenience.

frog.gif Jeremy Irish

Groundspeak - The Language of Location