Firefox and Beta Maps

Hello, sorry if this has been posted before but I cannot seem to find anyone having the same problem as me. I can not see any caches in Firefox 4.01 in beta maps. I can see them pop up for a second sometimes when zooming in and then out but they do not stay. I have tried uninstalling firefox and re-installing erasing all data and plugins but that did nothing. Safe mode does not work either. I can see caches in IE9 Opera11 and Chrome12 but not in firefox4.01.

Anyone know why? Anyone having same issue?

Remember this is with no addons installed and all settings back a default.

This is an interesting mystery. On my Mac running Safari, everything is working well. Same thing with my netbook PC using Google Chrome. But, on my work PC, on the home page, I have to click on the Videos link before any of the drop down boxes work (I solved that by bookmarking "your profile" for the initial screen), and on the beta maps, no caches show at all, regardless of zoom level. Then when I click on the link to the old maps, it takes me to Seattle. I have to then move to my local area, and then the caches do show up (with "parsing" noted), but when I try to click on them, none of them pop up the info about them or open up the cache page. This happens using either IE8, Chrome or Firefox.

So, as rawkhopper noted, maybe it does have something to do with the anti-virus program.

Oops. meant Bear and Ragged!

Edited by GrateBear

Well considering it happens to me in Ubuntu Linux it can't be an anti virus only thing because in linux I do not run an antivirus. My ubuntu box is working today though so I can't figure it out. I will try to disable the antivirus for a few seconds when I get home but since it works in IE9 and Opera and Chrome I doubt it is that.

Well so far nothing I do can consistently get icons back when using Firefox 4.01 on Windows 7 64 bit with Beta maps. I have trouble shot this as best as I know how and sometimes moving the map will bring back some of the icons and some of them will show half an icon. This is really annoying and I wish someone would help me fix this. Beta maps used to work perfectly for me but now it is useless.

I've had similar issues. When I click on the link for Larger Map on a cache page I tend to see all of the caches BUT the one I'm trying to locate. The cache associated with the page where I clicked the link doesn't show. Now that's annoying! The only reason I clicked the link for the larger map was go get a better idea of the placement of the cache. When it doesn't appear on the map I'm left wondering what the heck is going on.

Edited by Thrak

5.0 isn't odd and no odd doesn't mean beta for firefox. I am using the latest release no beta.

Apparently there are tiles of the caches overlaid on the map and in firefox they are not always loaded or displayed, I can't figure which. But even with chrome there is a slight delay as if the tiles are loaded last. Does firefox deal with the tiles differently?

Someone please help. If anyone here knows someone that created these maps or works on them I can help squash one more bug if they would ask me to try certain things. I really wish there were a place to report bugs! If it exists I do not know about it.

5.0 isn't odd and no odd doesn't mean beta for firefox. I am using the latest release no beta.

Apparently there are tiles of the caches overlaid on the map and in firefox they are not always loaded or displayed, I can't figure which. But even with chrome there is a slight delay as if the tiles are loaded last. Does firefox deal with the tiles differently?

Someone please help. If anyone here knows someone that created these maps or works on them I can help squash one more bug if they would ask me to try certain things. I really wish there were a place to report bugs! If it exists I do not know about it.

I have the same problem with a Windows 7 x64 notebook. No icons displayed. On another Win7 x64 workstation there is no problem at all.

It seems to depend upon the graphics hardware.

I've posted this issue serveral times here, but no one from Groundspeak is interested in it. They seem to ignore the customer issues. I'm really asking myself why we pay money for such a bad support!

My maps are working fine on FF 6.0.2. But... I found a feature that I can't get working??

Ok - I wanted to post a picture but are not allowed.. Hope you'll understand my explanataion :) The Beta Map - in the right upper corner there is mark with arrows - when i click there - I get a emty list (cache list) I assume that the list was ment to show the caches on the map?? (And i am premium menber :) )

Does anyone know how to get this list working??

Well I've got the same problem

With Windows 7.0 and the last few Versions of Firefox (now using the newest one up to today).

I've not got it solved by now. I always thought it might be a Java(-script) problem.

Will try to install and test the problem with chrome.

It really is stupid!!!!!

Hi everyone, I'm using Imac 10.6, purchased this year, beta maps ok I can get info from cache page and send to gps ok. My problem is when printing map to use as locator the map only shows only half of what's on the screen or there are maps with large gaps in them. I talked with Mac support and they surmised it is most likely a problem with the beta map. Has anyone else have this problem? and can you offer some guidance on this. Thank you in advance