Has anyone ordered from (Pentagon) before ?

Well I havent had any experience of them but if they are based in a toyota showroom I cant see Toyota allowing any riff raff trading in there.

Below is a link to their reviews on Review centre

CLICK LINK TO REVIEW CENTRE

It might help if you included what you are buying on here as many people on here have bought GPS' recently and may be able to share information of offers you may not know about :D

Good luck

Wayne

It might help if you included what you are buying on here as many people on here have bought GPS' recently and may be able to share information of offers you may not know about :D

I should have said, it's for a Garmin 62s and at £237 delivered I thinkn that's an amazing price! :)

I have read through the reviews for the site and can now order knowing it's a real site with some great feedback.

Thanks again :)

Edit:

Handtec are doing the same device for £245.33 delivered.... anyone have a voucher code ? :D

Edited by Rich1010

I should have said, it's for a Garmin 62s and at £237 delivered I thinkn that's an amazing price! :)

I have read through the reviews for the site and can now order knowing it's a real site with some great feedback.

Thanks again :)

Edit:

Handtec are doing the same device for £245.33 delivered.... anyone have a voucher code ? :D

They are based in Sheffield. and I was lucky to be able to pay them a visit to buy my 62s.

Fully reputable Co - yes they are based in the 'back' of a Toyota Main Delaership, but the lady on Service reception just goes and gets the bloke to come out to you.

Make sure you 62s doesnt have the infamous squeaky case ( effects all sellers, not only Pentagon )....have a read at my thread on the subject....caused quite a stir at the time, but best to be forewarned......

Cheers

Steve

I bought a 62s from them about 3 weeks ago. I went to the place to buy mine rather than ordering over the internet as I wanted it in a hurry. If you go to the store, prepare for a wait, I wasn't impressed by the handling of customers in the showroom. But the product is a dadgum good price, so I can put up with that...

Yep!!

I bought my Colorado from them about 2 years ago and had REALLY good service fmor them. However, the Colorado was badged as being brand new with box etc, and when it arrived it was in a white box...

I have no problem with this, as it was obviously in perfect nick, and everything else was present and correct, but it WAS a really good price, and arrived by courrier the very next day!

I'd have no qualms about using them again, I bought my Oregon from Handtec simply because they were cheaper.

Yep!!

I bought my Colorado from them about 2 years ago and had REALLY good service fmor them. However, the Colorado was badged as being brand new with box etc, and when it arrived it was in a white box...

I have no problem with this, as it was obviously in perfect nick, and everything else was present and correct, but it WAS a really good price, and arrived by courrier the very next day!

I'd have no qualms about using them again, I bought my Oregon from Handtec simply because they were cheaper.

I always thought white box meant refurbished.

I bought my 62s from them about 4 weeks ago now. I was surprised that it was nothing more than the reception desk in a Toyota Dealership but it was the best price I could find at the time and it didn't have the squeeky case. In fact my purchase was the spark for Steve (above) to go back and get his changed - which they did without any problems I gather.

I had an eTrex Legend before and am finding the 62s fantastic by comparison. Best part for me is its ability to work under trees :) I'm sure you will enjoy it.

In fact my purchase was the spark for Steve (above) to go back and get his changed - which they did without any problems I gather.

Indeed... Thanks again to Mike for the heads up on the newer batches without the squeaky case..... I bought my original last Sept, but Pentagon did an exchange recently without any hassle - the only hassle I got was the big FO from Garmin, but Pentagon stepped in ( outside their T&Cs ) and sorted me out - a big thanks to them, and of course Mike for the initial heads up.

The 62s is a good device, although it does have some software issues, but the beta team seem to be getting these sorted...... I'm sure you wont be disappointed.

I recently bought an Oregon from Pentagon (via Amazon), and had excellent service from them.

Order and shipping confirmation was good, and the goods arrived within 5 days.

I actually ordered the 300 model (at a low price of £239).

Imagine my surprise to receive a brand new 400t in full retail packaging!

Usual disclaimer etc.

I bought a Dakota 10 for my son from Pentagon last October and everything was fine,

I've just bought an Oregon 450 from Handtec - bought on Monday - delivered on Tuesday all for only £248. I had to ring them as the time slot their courier gave was too late, they were great and rang the courier on my behalf it was then rescheduled and delivered within 90mins of my call - They certainly get my vote and recommendation!

:ph34r:

Looks like they are part of the Pentagon Motor Group, so quite respected company

Ibrought my Jeep from them!

(not that this has anything to do with caching except my Jeep takes me caching) :laughing:

It's my opinion and I reserve the right of freedom of speech; go you Yankees

Looks like they are part of the Pentagon Motor Group, so quite respected company

(not that this has anything to do with caching except my Jeep takes me caching) :laughing:

Have you now got it back? And did they repair it for you?

For those that don't know, Tia's Jeep had a uplifting experience with a Rising Bollard :yikes: a accident for which she was at no fault :yikes:

Deci

Have you now got it back? And did they repair it for you?

For those that don't know, Tia's Jeep had a uplifting experience with a Rising Bollard :yikes: a accident for which she was at no fault :yikes:

Deci

Yes thank you Deci, I picked it up from Anglesey yesterday and had a great day out caching over there too.

The jeep is like brand new, you wouldn't know anything had happened to it.

The cost to the Echo Arena for raising the bollards as I was going over? ...... £3000 for the repairs.

Not including any loss of earnings and being hurt in the accident that I will recieve.

Bet they will be more carefull next time huh? :unsure:

I emailed Pentagon a couple of months ago when I was looking to upgrade to an Orgeon 450. As I only live about 5 miles away I asked if they had a showroom and would accept visitors or if they were only mail order... never got a reply so they never got the sale <_<

[/i went down to see them and the service was first class, i bought an oregon 450t and after a couple of weeks it went bell up, took it back and they did a diagnostic check then produced a new unit from the back room and off i went a very happy little bunny. Play time now hahaquote]

I felt the same, seeing them on ebay - as we were in the area popped in and ended up buying an Oregon

Assistant was very heplful and they have been when I have needed to ring them

Would use them again

They have a sales area at a car dealer's - Vauxhall/Toyota can't remember