The longest series of caches in the uk

Do you mean series, or trail?

I suspect the longest series is possibly Sidetracked, or maybe Church Micro...

As for trails - sorry, can't help you - but MrsB's answer's probably the right one :)

Good luck - and have fun with whatever you find :D

Edited by keehotee

L E G E N D (WWW) is a circular looping trail, in the vein of Way Out West, Chiltern 100, UK Mega - all these are doable theoretically in one go, with little need to cover old ground. :) Whilst plotting in my stone tower, I decided to break them up into named chunks so that mere mortals could comprehend the outrageous might of the task at hand ;):P

Edited by L E G E N D

I know that the 'UK Mega Series' in North Hampshire has 126 caches. The nearby UK Mega Series 2 has 56.

I will probably never attempt it though as I can't see the point of just 'getting your numbers up' - it doesn't prove anything and it's probably not much fun doing those US power trails and finding your 375th telegraph pole cache of the day sad.gif

I took three and a half hours to find a single multi-stage cache on Thursday (therefore adding 1 to my numbers) and I got far more enjoyment out of that!

There is an excellent web page here which lists UK cache trails/series and should answer any questions such as this.

http://www.geocachetrails.com/

In defence of the mega, it's actually some great walking in beautiful countryside (if you can ignore RAF Odiham!)

Fairly easy to do in segments if you don't want to do the lot at once. :)

Fair enough. You're absolutely right that the Alton/Odiham countryside has a lot more going for it than a couple of hundred miles of Nevada desert road wink.gif

I am aware of the Motorway and sidetracked series as I have added to each of those in my SOS (Series of series) series - however do either of them add up to over 1500 in number - I am not sure - but I do know that the church micro series which is mainly in the South East but has spread further does have over 1500 and each are sequentially numbered