Home is where the Cache is geocoin

EyeD10T

The Final Results are in and here are the totals:

As a 1st choice, black nickel was the favorite with 12 votes, antique silver and antique bronze each got 8 votes, gold got 3.

As a 2nd choice, black nickel lead again with 10 votes, then silver with 8, gold with 7, and bronze with 6.

As a 3rd choice, gold with 10, bronze with 8, silver with 7, and black nickel with 3.

As a 4th choice, gold with 10, silver and bronze tied with 7 each, and black nickel had 5.

Now, to announce the cointest winner:

I took all of the names in the order they had entered in this thread and assigned a number to them. I then ran the numbers on an online randomizer website to choose the winner. Since there were so many guesses, I decided to give away 2 coins (I ran the numbers twice), so the winners are:

LewisClan77 and the4dirtydogs.

Both of these cachers have won a nickel version of the Home is Where the Cache is coin.

I will contact you both to get your mailing address. Thank you everyone for participating in the cointest and congratulations to the winners! :)

Both of these cachers have won a nickel version of the Home is Where the Cache is coin.

I will contact you both to get your mailing address. Thank you everyone for participating in the cointest and congratulations to the winners! :)

WOOHOO!!! I Won, I Won! Thank You so much.

I had forgotten about this thread until I see your E=mail this morning. Now, I am anxiously awaiting your coin, and my favorite version too.

Thanks to all who entered, the other winner, the4dirtydogs, and most of all, Thanks to EyeD10T for the cointest.

I second that WOOOOHOOOO LewisClan!! I can't believe we won! :o We should go out today and buy a lotto ticket! We are honored to add your beautiful coin to our collection.....and in our favorite....BN finish!!! Thank you so much EyeD10T for the very generous cointest!!! Can't wait to see the coin in person!!!

I second that WOOOOHOOOO LewisClan!! I can't believe we won! :o We should go out today and buy a lotto ticket! We are honored to add your beautiful coin to our collection.....and in our favorite....BN finish!!! Thank you so much EyeD10T for the very generous cointest!!! Can't wait to see the coin in person!!!

Just to clarify, the prize is not the Black nickel (that one hasnt been made yet). It is the original Nickel version. The Nickel version is the only one that I have had made, with the exception of the samples.

I will be minting the coin in other versions in the future, but I am working on a few "tweeks" and have not finished the master plan. :anibad: Once the final plan is complete, I will be making some more. I have not decided the final run, but I will use the numbers that came out in this cointest to help me decide the different metal finishes.

Just to clarify, the prize is not the Black nickel (that one hasnt been made yet). It is the original Nickel version. The Nickel version is the only one that I have had made, with the exception of the samples.

I will be minting the coin in other versions in the future, but I am working on a few "tweeks" and have not finished the master plan. :anibad: Once the final plan is complete, I will be making some more. I have not decided the final run, but I will use the numbers that came out in this cointest to help me decide the different metal finishes.

Well OK

I took all of the names in the order they had entered in this thread and assigned a number to them. I then ran the numbers on an online randomizer website to choose the winner. Since there were so many guesses, I decided to give away 2 coins (I ran the numbers twice), so the winners are:

Congratulations to both winners :D

Well OK

Perfect with us!!! :D

I went out to the mailbox this morning to get my mail from Saturday, and what do I see? A gold padded mailer. I opened it up to find my prize from this cointest. I would like to give a huge Thanks to EyeD10T for the coin. It is ever cooler in person.

I am glad that you like it and that it made it there safely! Congrats again and thanks for participating in the cointest! ;)

I have placed an order with the mint for the next run of the home is where the cache is geocoins. The black nickel plating will be the only version that I will do with the same colors as the back of the original coin. I am having gray added to the lettering so it would be easier to read. Here is the art for that version:

hiwtcibn.jpg

I tried different things with the back of the coin on the other platings and decided on white for the ground and a glitter blue on the sky portion. This was the design I tried on the antique bronze sample. Here is the art for that version:

abart.jpg

Here is the back of the antique bronze sample:

glitterbrnzb.jpg

The following are the versions that I am having run. There will be 20 of each version made. 10% of them will be EyeD10T proof.

Black Nickel - original back

Black Nickel - snow and glitter sky

Antique Bronze - snow and glitter sky

Antique Silver - snow and glitter sky

Nickel - snow and glitter sky

I am not running any more samples, but will post pictures of the coins once they are received. These will be trackable and will use the original icon. I will accept reservations if anyone would like me to hold one for them.