appealing my unpublished cache

My cache was rejected because of how close it was to another one. I emailed the reviewer at least three times with a reason to accept the cache, and it has been over a month and a half. still no response. how can I get a different reviewer for my unpublished cache????

Edited by thecownthemoon

If it's too close, it's too close.

Nothing more can be done. Move it away.

Did you read the guidelines on Proximity?

Cache containers and physical stages should generally be separated by a minimum of 0.1 miles (528 feet or 161 m). A physical stage is defined as any stage that contains a physical element placed by the geocache owner, such as a tag with the next set of coordinates or a container. Non-physical caches or stages including reference points, trailhead/parking coordinates and question to answer waypoints are exempt from this guideline.

My cache was rejected because of how close it was to another one. I emailed the reviewer at least three times with a reason to accept the cache, and it has been over a month and a half. still no response. how can I get a different reviewer for my unpublished cache????

To answer your question you can send an email to appeals@geocaching.com and state your case. I'm sure they will be happy to tell you your cache is too close and your going to need to move it. But perhaps it will be a newbie contractor in the Indian call center answering your email and you just might get it approved.

What was your appeal? I'm curious to know. It would have to be an extremely good reason for the reviewer to consider it. Is there not another good place for you to hide your cache? Don't feel too discouraged. I think it happens to all of us at one point in time.

For me personally, there was a really neat cache that we loved that got archived. The only problem with that other cache was that the coords were off, and several people had a hard time finding it, so it had a really good clue.

So we placed a cache in the exact same spot, because it really was a nice spot, and got a better coord reading. Then we tried to publish it, and we couldn't, because although it was in the same spot as the old cache, our new and better coords placed it too close to a nearby cache.

We were bummed, but we ended up moving it over 100 feet away, and all was well. Sometimes you just have to be flexible.

Sorry that you're having a hard time.

three words:

sab

o

tage

You steal the other cache and in general cause problems so the owner gives up and takes it down.

then just like that - no more proximity issue

or

You could do like the NFL players do when they get traded and want to keep their number, you pay the current person with that number to give it to you.

or you could just find a different place

up to you really

Sometimes cachers bribe the owner of the other cache to temporarily disable and change the coords of their cache before they submit their listing. Once it it published, they then change it back.. :anibad:

If the reviewer finds out, you may have to bribe them also to stay out of trouble.

I wouldn't do it, as it's just too costly.

Edited by 4wheelin_fool

Or, an original idea,

Try moving the cache and resubmitting it.

That ought to work.

I think this idea is best.

Runs hand-in-hand with the "early bird finding the worm".

I suppose if there is some compelling reason, such as a mountain/lake/river/canyon between the two caches, then sure go ahead and appeal. Outside of that, I think part of Sol seaker's username is what you may be -- sol. :anibad:

To the OP, have you communicated to the reviewer in the manner that they have requested?

Some prefer Reviewer Notes on the cache page and some prefer emails.

Also, read these pages from the Groundspeak Knowledge Books.

http://support.Groundspeak.com//index.php?....page&id=74

http://support.Groundspeak.com//index.php?....page&id=77

http://support.Groundspeak.com//index.php?...page&id=199

I am sorry your first cache placed is causing such a problem but the 528 foot rule is cast in stone. I don't think appealing it will get it published. You need to query any area where you want to place a cache and use various techniques to see where caches can be placed that is not closer than 528 to any other.

The OP has not responded to any of the previous comments. It would be nice to see his response to them.

You can't shop reviewers, but you can always e-mail appeals@geocaching.com.

Be sure to back up your case with photos, topo maps and anything else that might make your case.

add some

circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one explaining what each

one was :anibad:

everybody sing along now...

You can't shop reviewers, but you can always e-mail appeals@geocaching.com.

Be sure to back up your case with photos, topo maps and anything else that might make your case.

add some circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one explaining what each one was :)

everybody sing along now...

The quote needs to be finished to remain in context. "...to be used as evidence AGAINST us." :)

Just great, now I can't get that "song" out of my head. Ironically, I happen to have a copy of it here at work. Guess I'll have to cue it up and give it a listen here in a bit as more people get to the office today, and play it loud enough to drive everyone nuts.

"You can get anything you want...." :)

Continuing the tangent-my family has a vacation home in Stockbridge MA, and we frequently get together there for Thanksgiving. I know where all the landmarks in the circles and arrows are located. :)

Back OT-you need a really really good reason to get an exception to the 528' saturation guideline. Better to just move the cache.

Sometimes cachers bribe the owner of the other cache to temporarily disable and change the coords of their cache before they submit their listing. Once it it published, they then change it back.

I don't think that would work. Around here if you have a cache that is disabled and someone tries to place another one within 528 feet the reviewer gives the disabled CO a limited time to fix the problem or it gets arhchived and the new one goes onlinel.

It's amazing, 17 replies to the original post and the original poster has yet to make a comment or answer any of the questions.

Maybe there's a little trolling going on...

Oh, come on.

Not everyone spends all day glued to the forums. Or maybe you were trying (unsuccessfully) to be funny. In either case, it's this kind of post that causes new posters to perceive this forum as "unfriendly."