Do you have a personal Travel bug?

Team GPSaxophone

Yes. I have a personal bug.

A Walk with Webfoot keeps track of my mileage between found caches. I don't log locationless caches on this bug as it would screw up the mileage. It's interesting to look at the map. I can pick out the three treks outside of Southern California very easily, but many of the local caches are obliterated because the map isn't large enough.

I started this bug after I started Geocaching, yet it was a very easy procedure to back track and get all the logs in correct order.

Webfoot

Veni...Vidi...Vicachi.

I came...I saw...I geocached.

Southern California Geocaching

quote:
Originally posted by Team GPSaxophone:

Maybe I should have titled this, 'Do you have a travel bug that looks like you?' icon_smile.gif

Figured that out after I re-read your original post and saw Zartimus' post.

Don't have one yet, but you've given me a good idea for one. Now I need to find a duck/frog type travel bug. Either that or have one of each.

Webfoot

Veni...Vidi...Vicachi.

quote:
Originally posted by Team GPSaxophone:

quote:
Originally posted by Webfoot:

Figured that out after I re-read your original post and saw Zartimus' post.

That's ok, I used to sit in class and correct my teachers, so I might as well correct my wife's teacher as well. icon_biggrin.gif

LOL.

My 8 year old son has a tendancy to do that as well. His teacher was demonstrating something with a globe about a month ago and was turning the globe and he had to stop and correct her that she was making the earth spin the wrong way.

Webfoot

Veni...Vidi...Vicachi.

quote:
Originally posted by Webfoot:

My 8 year old son has a tendancy to do that as well. His teacher was demonstrating something with a globe about a month ago and was turning the globe and he had to stop and correct her that she was making the earth spin the wrong way.

LOL. That is SO something I would do!

Took sun from sky, left world in eternal darkness

My personal travel bug is kind of lame compared to some of these.

It's one of these: GEO2145sq.jpg

Attached to one of these: GEO2082sq.jpg

Attached to the grey backpack in this photo:

828779_200.jpg

It's Bitbrain's Compass. I started it in December of 2002. I have about 7 months of caching trips that are not accounted for on this bug's travels. I've just been too lazy to go back and add all the caches from when I started to the bug's launch date.

Edited by bitbrain

I wish I had a personal TB, but never started one. Now, I'm approaching 500 finds, and don't really feel like back-logging that many caches to do one....and I have a "all or nothing" feeling about them. Either all my finds are recorded on the bug, or it'd be pointless to me.....

Anyone wanna do the "back-logging" for me? :D