MISSION: animal mission

grodan & fiabus

Thought it was time for a mission again.

I am sure you all have an animal that you feel a little extra for and maybe feel connected to. I don´t mean a pet animal, I mean more like a "wild" animal. Some might feel strongly for pandabears or peacocks or frogs or ants or butterflies well, you get the point.

This mission is meant for you to state your favourite animal and your missionperson will send you something that can connect to that animal. And one (1) trackable unactivated geocoin.

So if person X likes ant and I am to send to person X then I will send one geocoin and something related to ants to person x. Get it?? ´Course you do.

So here is what to do to participate:

Send an email to me through the profile, containing the usual info needed like:

geocoin username

real name

emailadress

shipping adress

favourite animal

Please also tell if you have a seekinglist somewhere or if you collect any special coins.

The mission for you is to send:

one trackable and nonactivated geocoin (more if you like) and some things related to your receipents favourtite animal. That can be a plushtoy or a postcard or a clayfigurine or a pen or well you get it.

This is meant to be an easy mission so no need to rush out and buy alot of pricy stuff, just keep it easy and make it fun and of course, send out your mission or do not join!

Sign up time is going to be short, no later than sunday june 20, then I will mix and match and send out your missionperson(s). You can sign up for more than one mission if you like. Then you will have a month to send out the missions, before monday july 19.

Please post your progress here. So I can keep track of you all.

Please ask if I have forgot something, I am sure I have.

All the best and remember, Have fun!!

grodan Karin

Ok, so I go first :D

grodan Karin - frog (=groda)

Email sent: yes, I am in

Received Name -

Outgoing Mission Sent -

Incoming Mission Received -

I collect animalshaped coins and food/drink shaped coins. I try to activate all my keepercoin but I am a bit behind for the moment. But it will give you an idea of what I like.

Favorite animal ~ Wolf, of course! White Wolf, if you want to be more specific. :D

Email sent ~ Aye.

Received Name ~ Nay.

Outgoing Mission Sent ~ Nay.

Incoming Mission Received ~ Nay.

My seeking list tis linked in my signature but, tis seriously outdated. I'll try to updated it in the next few days, once I finish moving the majority of things. I also have a very outdated list of the coins that I already own on my website ~ http://hmws.info/gc/.

Thank you for the mission!

Edited by Howlingmoon

Favorite Animal. Lion

Email sent. Yes

Received Name. No

Outgoing Mission Sent. No

Incoming Mission Received. No

I am new to these missions and such. I just recently began geocaching in earnest (in the last two months). I have no seeking list and I really have no preference for the geocoin (since it'll be my first one) but if possible I'd like a Lion or Lion related coin.

I guess thats all I have for now.

Thanks

Dreddel10

Tschakko

Email sent: 06-14-2010

Received Name: -

Outgoing Mission Sent: -

Incoming Mission Received: -

I would love to have a hamster related coin, but have never seen any... Other than that I am into SciFi or animal related coins... My list of coins is my profile, as all the coins I own r activated... :D

Thank u for organizing this mission, I am really looking forward to it ;)

Edited by Tschakko

I was just wondering if there were any new, relatively short-term missions going on? I arrived at the conclusion that there weren't any, and so was in the process of trying to come up with one when I saw this one. Excellent idea! I'm in.

Email sent: Yes, 14 June 2010

Name Received:

Mission Sent:

Mission Received:

My favorite animals IN GENERAL are birds, although I also studied insects for a time.

Specifics with my birds:

Favorite resident songbird: Eastern Towhee

Favorite migratory songbird: Black-and-white Warbler

Favorite bird to see in a zoo: Hornbills, any species!

Favorite bird song: Wood Thrush

My trading/seeking list is in my signature, but any nature-related coin would be very much appreciated!

Thanks to grodan Karin for organizing, and I look forward to seeing everyone's pictures of their incoming missions!

OK this is my first mission... and I choose to accept it! Thanks for hosting one ;)

Email sent: Yes, 6-14-10

Name received:

Mission sent:

Mission Received:

My favorite animal.... believe it or not... the turtle ;).... more specifically the eastern box turtle, but I do not discriminate. My first response was a goose... but I began thinking, "I don't actually like geese". I thought the word was funny when watching Anger Management. So... anywho.... I'm going to try my best :) Thanks again!

Edit.... I also love otters! I think that they might just be the coolest animals on earth... I always have to visit them when I go to the zoo :D

Edited by goosefraba1

Email sent. I've never done a mission before but it sounds fun. Love wolves of course. Don't have any wolf coins but I know they are hard to come by, so I'm not expecting one. I don't have a seeking or trading list yet, but I don't have a lot of coins either. I'm partial to shaped ones but there are a ton of others I really like too.

a cool mission so jepp wanna take part :blink:

Email sent: Jepp

Received Name :

Outgoing Mission Sent :

Incoming Mission Received :

well my favorita animal is not really a animal it`s GARGOYLES :):D

but if not can be find then MONKEY`ZZZZZZzz ae so cool to i really love them <_<:unsure:

seeking list i don`t have i post a couple of dayzzzzzzz ago or there are gargoyles coinzzzzz but i have no idea or they are out there i have only that vampire coin with a gargoyle on the other side....

anyway it won`t matter what coin you pick it`s the thought why you pick it so i`m HAPPY with witch you pick...

It's been a while since I've gone in on a mission and this sounds interesting.

I've always had a connection to owls since I was about nine or ten years old. I felt very spiritually connected with them and I love to sit out at night and listen to their calls.

There are a couple of owl coins that I would really like to get my hands on, a Quebec owl coin for sure and also looking for a Sweet Lake City night caching event 2006 coin and I'm sure there are other owl coins out there i don't have.

Email sent: yes

Received Name:

Outgoing Mission Sent:

Incoming Mission Received:

Oh, I was out of town for over a week, and almost missed this mission. But I think/hope I squeeked in!

Email sent: yes, I am in

Received Name -

Outgoing Mission Sent -

Incoming Mission Received -

Of course my favorite is a dolphin, I also like all other sea creatures and many land creatures as well.

There! All emails sent. Please let me know if you haven´t got your person. And please post your progress here.

Feel free to add extra things that connects to your persons favourit animal and if you find soemthing that is only vagely connected please tell on a card or note. It is always fun to hear why you put those in.

Thank you all for participating and I am sure you all will fulfill your missions in the best way you can.

Have fun and keep it easy, this is not meant to be a "fancy stuff filled mission", just a fun and easy one.

grodan Karin

Favorite animal ~ Wolf, of course! White Wolf, if you want to be more specific. :P

Email sent ~ Aye.

Received Name ~ Aye.

Incoming Mission Received ~ Nay.

My seeking list tis linked in my signature but, tis seriously outdated. I'll try to updated it in the next few days, once I finish moving the majority of things. I also have a very outdated list of the coins that I already own on my website ~ http://hmws.info/gc/.

Received Name: yes

Outgoing Mission Sent: not yet

Incoming Mission Received: not yet

My seeking list on cointracking is small. But, any coin is fine. I have not bought many coins in the last year or so, so anything recent is cool. Anything is really fine.

Edited by dhenninger

Email sent: yes!

Received name: yes!

Outgoing mission sent: 30 June (from Japan via the US; it might take a little longer than standard packages, sorry!)

Incoming mission received: ...

Edited to add: to whomever has my name -- if you haven't sent my package out and if "jackal" or "ferret" is driving you crazy, let me just say that I also really like cats. : )

Edited by Jackalgirl

I used flat-rate boxes for everything because the boxes were available and the right size and I'm terribly lazy. ; ) The best thing to do is to pack it all up in a box, weigh it (most post offices have a scale you can use) and then figure out whether the regular postage to the country in question is more or less than the flat-rate fee to that country. But like I said, I didn't bother 'cause I'm lazy. ; )

Incoming Mission Received: Yes!!

Thanks FuzzieBear3!

A Stuffed Black Bear (Very Nice!!)

A book on Cheese making (Not sure how you knew about that, but awesome as well)

A small cache container (always needed)

A Kokopelli Coin (very cool!)

A Personal Pathtag (Nice!)

A Koala Bear and a Panda Bear Cachekin tags (I got one of these at GeoWoodstock for my mission person, but did not get one for myself, so now i have one for me too! :blink: )

And a Bag of Haribo Gummy Bears!! (YUM!!)

Thank You Thank You!!!

Incoming Mission Received: Yes!!

Thanks FuzzieBear3!

A Stuffed Black Bear (Very Nice!!)

A book on Cheese making (Not sure how you knew about that, but awesome as well)

A small cache container (always needed)

A Kokopelli Coin (very cool!)

A Personal Pathtag (Nice!)

A Koala Bear and a Panda Bear Cachekin tags (I got one of these at GeoWoodstock for my mission person, but did not get one for myself, so now i have one for me too! :blink: )

And a Bag of Haribo Gummy Bears!! (YUM!!)

Thank You Thank You!!!

I had fun putting it together for you, glad you like it!

Favorite animal ~ Wolf, of course! White Wolf, if you want to be more specific. :(

Email sent ~ Aye.

Received Name ~ Aye.

Incoming Mission Received ~ Aye. 7-6-10.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you so much, Fianccetto! I LOVE everything in my mission package! I've been trying to find a Wolf stamp for the last two years with no luck, now I have one! I haven't listened to the CD yet but, it looks like they did send the right one.

Included was: One German Sheppard geocoin, six Howling Wolf charms, one Wolf CD, a Wolf stamp, ink pad, and acrylic block to fix the stamp to, and a lovely card from Fianccetto!

AnimalMission10.jpg

AnimalMission10a.jpg

AnimalMission10b.jpg

AnimalMission10c.jpg

AnimalMission10d.jpg

Edited by Howlingmoon

Sent my package out today.... It was suprisinglu difficult to find said animal

items... But I did my best :( .... And international shipping is ridiculous and very time consuming. I will take this as a learning lesson. Thanks for the mission... I had been waiting awhile to participate in one.

Favorite animal ~ Wolf, of course! White Wolf, if you want to be more specific. :(

Email sent ~ Aye.

Received Name ~ Aye.

Incoming Mission Received ~ Aye. 7-6-10.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you so much, Fianccetto! I LOVE everything in my mission package! I've been trying to find a Wolf stamp for the last two years with no luck, now I have one! I haven't listened to the CD yet but, it looks like they did send the right one.

Included was: One German Sheppard geocoin, six Howling Wolf charms, one Wolf CD, a Wolf stamp, ink pad, and acrylic block to fix the stamp to, and a lovely card from Fianccetto!

AnimalMission10.jpg

Woo hoo! It arrived safe and sound :(

Am really glad you like it all, I enjoyed the shopping challenge as I didn't have a great deal of choice, it was tricky to find anything I could get shipped to me from here in the UK (and I drew a blank in the shops). So was glad to strike gold with the stamp find, and kind of glad it is your first wolf stamp too! (There's a market there waiting for someone creative to fill!)

Yes that's the right CD - I'm soooo glad it is, lol. I just imagined you listening to it in your car on the way to (maybe night - ) caching and using the stamp to sign your logs, leaving the occasional wolf charm as a swap. haha

Thank you grodan & fiabus for a great mission. I can relax now. No I can't, too excited to see what drops on our doormat! :(

Edited by Fianccetto