Dangerous GeoCache in the World

Would have been better for the OP to post the actual link to the cache instead of this tiny URL mess that I just clicked on resulting in pop-ups and this annoying banner which appears to be producing money for someone.

Which is why I didn't click on the link. I'm getting real paranoid of being sent to some malicious website.

Edited by Destitute

Would have been better for the OP to post the actual link to the cache instead of this tiny URL mess that I just clicked on resulting in pop-ups and this annoying banner which appears to be producing money for someone.

somehow i don't think he's supposed to do that, the banner part i mean

That being said that volcano cache looks awesome.

Here's the link to the cache the OP mentioned:

GCHVV2 - Deathwish?

Looking at it, I'm not likely to pursue it.

Why on earth would anyone want to pursue a 5/5 for a film canister?

That Volcano one though. Wow.

I think it would be a toss up between the cache near the South Pole, the one in Nepal (a Virt over 20,000 feet I believe), or that one that was in the trunk of an abandoned vehicle in over 100 feet of water.

Do you know the GC # for the South Pole cache? Id love to see the listing

I think it would be a toss up between the cache near the South Pole, the one in Nepal (a Virt over 20,000 feet I believe), or that one that was in the trunk of an abandoned vehicle in over 100 feet of water.

Do you know the GC # for the South Pole cache? Id love to see the listing

Not quite the South Pole but probably harder (and more dangerous) to get to. Just 2000 ft below the summit of the summit of a 12,448 ft active volcano (Mount Erebus) in Antarctica (4 finds in six years) Cone_Z.

This one gets my vote: Psycho Urban Cache #9 - Hot Glowing Tribulations :lol::mad::):D

...yeah the EPA and CDC were investigating claims related to this cache and it had to be temporarily disabled. Seriously, this wins. When there is a threat of dying due to radiation or cancer ...yeah.

This topic has been brought up quite a bit in the past I believe, here is one good thread on it.

Edited by JJball

Surprisingly, that one in Nepal (Kala Pattar) has 81 finds and the cache page indicates that it's at 5545 meters. The Uhuru Peak cache (a traditional on Kilimanjaro) is 5894 meters. A few months ago, while flying back home from Tanzania, we landed at Kilimanjaro airport (just south of the mountain), enroute to Nairobi, Kenya. As we started to leave the pilot said that Nairobi was about 600 km away, but since they had a cruising altitude of 17,000' and there was a 19,000' mountain in the way we'd have to fly around Kilimanjaro, about triple the distance.

Anyone have a list of the highest (excluding the one on the ISS) caches in the world?

Here's the link to the cache the OP mentioned:

GCHVV2 - Deathwish?

Looking at it, I'm not likely to pursue it.

Why on earth would anyone want to pursue a 5/5 for a film canister?

Now, if it was a sweet ammo can full of cast off toys, business cards, dead batteries, and litter -- now THAT would be worth risking your life for!

Most film canisters have a soggy goo inside instead of a log book. If I'm gonna risk my neck, I want to at least write my name in the book. Or perhaps I would write northernpengu--a--a--a--a--a--a--a--r---r--g--g--g--h--h--h- *whump*