Astoria Cache Machine

travisl

(Note: circumstances may change after this initial posting. Look for my posts (with the icon13.gif icon) in this thread for all the important details and changes.) (Link to dinner event cache.)

Astoria, Oregon: the first permanent settlement west of the Rockies. Two hundred years of history. And 25 years of Goonies adventures. Come find your own treasures at the Astoria Cache Machine.

Fill up the tank, toss down some breakfast at way-too-early o'clock, and meet a mob of fellow cachers at sunrise on Saturday, June 26, at 5:00 a.m.

Follow all traffic laws, and drive safely. This is not a race; there are no winners. The only loser will be someone who gets hurt.

If you're still out on the road at dinner time (8:00 p.m.), skip the rest of the route and come on in. Socializing at dinner is one of the best parts of machine events (and that's coming from me -- someone who usually hates socializing). There will be travel bugs to discover, pizza to gorge yourself, and more geocachers to commiserate with than you can shake a walking stick at. The most important rule:

As with all cache machines, if you find the cache, you'll be the one who has to re-hide it. Hide it as well as you found it.

For any micro cache with a tiny logbook that we find on the event, one "ACM" log entry should suffice for the group. We tend to fill up log books too quickly, and our stickers tend to make micro log books hard to re-stash. For normal-sized caches, or even large micros (like key holders), everyone should sign in.

Bring FRS radios if you’ve got them. We’ll use Channel 2 to communicate among caching vehicles and to say 'Howdy' to listening locals. Suggestions and ''Count me ins'' are welcome on the event page.

If you’ve already found a couple of these caches, that’s fine - give us a chance to find the cache, and then we may turn to you for a hint.

----

The Astoria Cache Machine FAQ:

When is it?

5:00 a.m., Saturday, June 26, 2010. Latecomers can track us down en route.

Will it be one large group, will we be split into teams, or what?

We start the day as one giant group. Then it's on to the next one as a group, which means we'll hopefully find each cache quickly. The group tends to fragment after the first few caches, though. The longer we can keep the big group together, the more fun it is!

Is anything going on before, during, or after?

- Friday, June 25, 7:00 p.m., I'll be at a pre-event dinner. Check the thread below for details. Last minute route changes will be announced here.

- Saturday, March 20, at 7:00 p.m., dinner will be at LWet Dog Café and Brewpub, 144 11th Street (N 46° 11.418 W 123° 49.896). I've created an event page for this dinner event.

- Sunday, you're on your own. Go get the ones you missed.

A cache on your map shows the wrong place to park.

Let me know, and I'll incorporate it into the route.

It sounds fun, but I've already found some of them.

Then come laugh at us, or guess when we'll be at the caches you haven't hit yet. Monitor FRS channel 2.

You don't have X cache on the route. Why aren't we getting that one?

I'm skipping a lot. I'll be avoiding most multicaches, most puzzle caches, caches that appear to be overly time consuming, and caches that the owner has asked us to avoid.

You have X cache on the route, but it's disabled/archived.

Let me know, and I'll remove it from the route (if archived) or will check with the owner (if disabled).

X cache is in an environmentally sensitive area.

By all means, let me know. I'll work with the cache owner to minimize our impact, or skip the cache altogether.

I disagree with the whole idea of cache machines. I don't want you finding my cache.

Sorry to hear that. It's too bad you've got a neat place to show us that we won't be able to see. Let me know, and I'll remove it from the route.

What's this gonna cost me?

$2 for the trolley, if you decide to use it. Nothing for the caching. Or, at least, nothing more than it would cost than if you did the trip solo (e.g., paying for your own gas, hotel, and dinner). I'm not collecting any money for this. Note that hotels seem to be uncharacteristically expensive in Astoria in the summer.

Lunch? Breaks? Bathrooms?

Lunch: You should probably bring a sack lunch to eat on the road.

Breaks and Bathrooms: There's no breaks in cache machines! Just hold it. :-P Or find something on the way.

Draft 1 of the route is up (4 MB PDF). It's a bit different than prior CM routes, as Streets & Trips only handles... um... streets, I guess... so I had to turn to other resources for the riverfront walk portion of the CM.

Other than the misnumbering of the riverwalk start point, if anyone knows the area better than I do or sees anything I've done wrong, please let me know what I can improve. I'm slightly concerned about traffic at the starting waypoint, and somewhat concerned about parking near stop 7 (Around We Go), and very concerned about parking at the north end of 11th street, where I've scheduled both the start point for the riverwalk portion AND dinner.

looking good so far. May want to mention that there is a parking fee for the Astoria Column mystery cache. I don't know how much it was because I didn't pay it, lol, but then again, I didn't notice the signs until I was in my car and leaving. Good thing it's near the end as well as the crowd should be spread out by then as that can get crowded on a good day :anibad:

looking good so far. May want to mention that there is a parking fee for the Astoria Column mystery cache. I don't know how much it was because I didn't pay it, lol, but then again, I didn't notice the signs until I was in my car and leaving. Good thing it's near the end as well as the crowd should be spread out by then as that can get crowded on a good day :)

We drove down to Astoria on Friday the 7th of May. We used our own route to meet our needs and our Garmin Nuvi 550 did a good job of routing us to the caches. stayed at the Shilo Inn in Warrington for around $72 a night with AAA. Had a great room with excellent WiFi and great breakfast starting at 0500. We had a run of 45 found caches (like the people in Astoria want you to find their caches) until we couldn't find PreFort in the

Fort Stevens day park ($5). Nice trails in that park but will take time to WALK to the caches. Around 3PM to 5 PM expect heavy traffic on the one way streets. I think everyone will enjoy this coming Cache Machine. dick

Edited by W7WT

and to follow up on the parking fee for the Astoria Column, it's a $1 per car donation. So I suppose it isn't actually required, but....

And since I'm talking about the Column, for anyone with kids or just a young heart, they sell wooden airplanes in the gift shop and you can throw them from the top. It's a ton of fun and I suggest everyone does it :anicute:

and to follow up on the parking fee for the Astoria Column, it's a $1 per car donation. So I suppose it isn't actually required, but....

And since I'm talking about the Column, for anyone with kids or just a young heart, they sell wooden airplanes in the gift shop and you can throw them from the top. It's a ton of fun and I suggest everyone does it :anicute:

What happens to the airplanes? Do you collect it afterwards? Or do they pile up somewhere for trash pickup?

What happens to the airplanes? Do you collect it afterwards? Or do they pile up somewhere for trash pickup?

I'm not exactly sure, maybe they assume they're biodegradable? It's a rather large area, so having one fly "out of bounds" isn't likely, but still possible. There is a cache not very far from there and I went to that before climbing the column and I found three or four airplanes. So I threw one of those, which may have been a bad idea as it went straight to the ground, easy retrieval, lol. Since I didn't buy one, I have no idea if there are "rules" to follow when throwing them.

When I was there about 10 years ago, the balsa wood plane we bought from the cart in the parking lot flew, and flew, and flew, until it was out of sight over the edge of the hill. It gets some amazing distance, if you're lucky. But yeah, once you throw it, consider it gone forever.

If my route timing's right, we'll be up there about an hour before sunset, so we should get some pretty spectacular views.

Travis mentions using FRS channel 2. As an alternative, for the amateur radio operators that may be going (looking your way W7WT) we should have good coverage of the BeachNet Linked Repeater system. In fact, if you're headed South from Olympia, you should be able to reach the system along your whole route.

A list of BeachNet Frequencies may be found here: http://www.qsl.net/nm7r/freq.htm

and a user manual for BeachNet is here: http://www.qsl.net/nm7r/Documents/User%20Information.doc

I've contacted one of the control operators and let them know they may have a few folks in the area using the repeater that weekend, and he welcomed us to use the system. There's a field day going on that same weekend, and while most of the community down there will be operating HF, we might get to chat with a few of them on the repeater as well. (I'd bet a few of them are also Geocachers.)

I'll be listening in to the network from my mobile 2m system in the Jeep, feel free to contact me as you're participating in the cache machine.

For those folks just operating on CB, I'll also be monitoring CB channel 14.

Thanks,

John The Blacksmith

KF7KCA

Edited to add: here's a friendlier version ofthe frequency list & repeater info. Might want to print this one and stick it in with your route map: http://www.qsl.net/nm7r/Documents/BeachNetBrochure.doc

Edited by John The Blacksmith

Thanks John for the repeater list. My problems is I already have three GPSs on the dash. When I do ham work, I use a FT 897. We did the Astoria run a couple of weeks ago and this weekend we are going to Lincoln City. 73 Dick, W7WT

Been a bit slow this time, but here are the bookmarks for the Astoria Cache Machines. There are two, Astoria Cache Machine (ACM) and Astoria Waterfront Cache Machine (AWFCM). As Travis updates the routes I will updated the bookmark lists, but the links will remain the same and will be accessible here.

Problem Children

----------------------

ACM

-----

#11, GC24P9R - Disabled due to work in the area

#16, GC1BEN3 - MIA and has a reviewer archive warning note

#40, GC102F5 - Premium Member Only cache, Basic Members will need to get the co-ordinates and will need to know the back door logging procedure, or just skip it.

#70, GC1VFJ7 - Trail has "Trail Closed" sign, but cache owner walked the trail an sees no reason. YMMV

#71, GC1NDJP - ditto

#72, GC21JYY - ditto

#73, GC1PG19 - ditto

AWFCM

---------

#14, GC1YDCZ - cache is behind a "No Trespassing" sign

#15, GC1R7DX - ditto

Thanks, jholly. I was going to post a second draft this morning, but after parsing through the latest pocket query and updating my map, there's not enough changes to make a new draft worth the effort. There's no new caches in the area of the route, and as for the following:

ACM #11, GC24P9R - Disabled due to work in the area

• Looks to be temporary, but I'll check before final. I've got it marked in my notes.

ACM #16, GC1BEN3 - MIA and has a reviewer archive warning note

• E-mailed harpomarx for confirmation that it'll be back up by June 26

ACM #40, GC102F5 - Premium Member Only cache

• E-mailed owner to get permission for non-premium users to find it

ACM #70-73, GC1VFJ7 GC1NDJP GC21JYY GC1PG19 - Trail has "Trail Closed" sign, but cache owner walked the trail an sees no reason.

• I'm keeping an eye on these, but the signs are found heading east. We're heading west to get these.

AWFCM #14-15, GC1YDCZ GC1R7DX - cache is behind a "No Trespassing" sign

• Will remove in final. Sad, because I enjoyed similar caches in Oak Harbor at the Whidbey CM.

I'll check again in two weeks, and will post the final route by June 21.

Edited by travisl

I have been in the Astoria area for the last week on vacation with the family and I have also been scouting a little bit.

Some thoughts... After asking I have been told that the reason for the No Trespassing signs at the East Bay Marina is to keep the public away from the Sea Lions. Apparently people have been walking down the floating dock section and the sea lions are aggressive. Seems to me you get what you deserve if you are that stupid.

While I was there I watched a steady stream of people walk right by the signs to take photos from the car drive area.

The trolley is weather dependent. This has the potential of causing a large problem. Today we were on the trolley in the rain when the conductor made the announcement that they would be parking the trolley for the rest of the day. This was at about 10 am. When wet they loose the ability to stop with any speed and it becomes too dangerous. This could cause a ~2 mile walk back to the car if not running.

The price for the trolley is $1 per person per use, or $2 for an all day pass.

Parking at the Astoria Column is $1 per car. Hope this helps.

I am so excited about this as I have never done a cache machine and I love Astoria! I hope to bring my geohound since I am staying the weekend, any warnings or suggestions for doing so?

Looking forward to it!

-Julie

Don't bring the geohound on the CM itself. Fast pace, dashing in and out of cars quickly, crowds of people, areas that may not allow dogs (including the dinner venue), etc.

While I was there I watched a steady stream of people walk right by the signs to take photos from the car drive area.
Sounds like a good indication that I should keep these on the route, and just give folks a heads up in case they're the paranoid type.

The trolley is weather dependent. This has the potential of causing a large problem.
Yeah, that could be an issue. I think that'll be a game-time decision. I'll leave it as trolley-caching, but if it's not running, then the caches will be a challenge in on-the-fly vehicle navigation :-)

Thanks for the heads up.

Edited by travisl

I got a room at the Crest Motel for about $63.00 a night; I booked it quite a while ago, so I don't know if it has vacancies now...I don't know the place, but I really don't care so much if it is a great place or not since I spend 80% of my time outside of it! I think (but I am not sure...) this is also the same weekend as a Kite Festival around there, so that is another reason why rooms might be tough to get. I have done both the river walk caches and the trolley, walking the pathway down, caching on the way, and riding the trolley back after getting the last one in the picture series. It is an absloutely fabulous caching experience, but I am glad I did it when we could take our time and enjoy the walk and the views as well as caching...I recommend that people take their time and enjoy the walk and the caches but I don't think that is gonna fly on a CM!

As a semi-local, at first glance a few things I can see:

#7 (Around We Go) I would not hit coming that way. Parking is advised behind it in the hotel parking lot so it is best done when The Home of the Trolley is.

The drive between 9 and 10 is kind of funky. They are really just across the street from each other and you don't need to wrap back around.

I'm pretty much certain the road between 16/17 and 18 does not exist except on paper. Best bet is to go back to 15 and around. Same with number 19, on that non-existent road. It's actually a hike I believe around Coffenbury Lake. Instead you would need to go up to where it says NW 11th to access Ft Stevens State Park on Peter Iredale Road. The next grouping of caches are within this park and there is a $5 day use fee. (I think $30 will get you all Oregon State Parks for a year.) Burma Road does exist here, but Jetty Road doesn't until further north where Burma ends. 29-33?34? is also actually a trail, not a road that can be driven. If I remember right, 29 and 30 can be hiked up to from 28's parking lot. Not certain on 31. 32 to 38 in Fort Stevens are accessed by taking Jetty Road to the main road, going north to the northern entrance for the more military area and parking there. Here's a copy of the state park guide since it's confusing: http://www.oregonstateparks.org/images/pdf...trail_guide.pdf

#25 is not arrivable as done on the map. I love it but it's a hike coming up one beach or the other so the time estimate is way off.

42-48 are along the waterfront trail. I'd need to check but I'm not certain how many have parking near since you aren't really able to drive down it like maps thinks.

#50/51 there is really parking for only one vehicle at that spot and it is right off 101. Maybe an advisory that you might have to park across 101 and walk down to the light and back if the spot is filled. Plus that is a trail between them, so I can't remember the distance (maybe a mile or so) is needed to walk out to 51.

I'm not as familiar with the Tongue Point region, but that's at least what I know from Warrenton.

Edited by wulfpups

Hey Travis-

First the good news - I got Duck Soup up and running again in time for the CM. But then I drove around Ft. Stevens a little this weekend to see if the route would work or not.

#17-20 - "Burma Rd" doesn't seem to exist. There's no way to route through there. After finding 17 you'd want to double back to 15 then head north. Coffen Burried! (19) is a nice walk around the lake but I think the closest parking to it would be about a mile away. Day use fee in effect.

#27 is a short walk on a trail not vehicle-accessible. Parking is at the Battery Russell lot.

#29-33 - This is a nice paved trail but it is closed to motor vehicles. One way to get these might be to park 1 vehicle near #29 (there's lots of room to park there) and 1 near #34. Better might be to get 29-31 from the west side and then drive around to the museum side for the rest.

#34-38 - These are all in the military museum part of the park. Day use fee is required. Last year it was $3 but I think it's gone up to 5. Everyone will need to purchase one of these anyway to park all over Ft. Stevens. The one fee covers the whole park. I think you're not allowed to drive on the road where 36 and 37 are. Has anyone else found 36 (So Close and Yet so Far)? If I remember right I didn't access it from inside the park/museum but headed north from 39 instead.

#25 - I believe wulfpups is right - it's a bit of a hike. Beautiful area though, you might leave it on and just warn people that it'll take a bit longer.

#42-44 - on the walking trail as wulfpups mentioned

#50-51 - Definitely don't want to park right at 50 on the east side of the road. Only 1 spot and very difficult to exit back to 101. Parking available on the west side of 101 but tricky to cross. Half mile hike along a grass berm to get to 51. Great views, long walk.

ASTORIA RIVERWALK - it's a great hike and that's definitely the way I'd recommend doing it. However, for the speedy and/or lazy, it's entirely possible to drive it. Not the trail itself, but there's parking at spots all along the route. I even drove the whole photo challenge cache one day since it was raining.

Regardless of which you choose I would personally drive to #14/15 and 28/30/31. These are all caches you can drive right up to. You can certainly walk to them but you'd be walking a long ways.

#82 - you've got this one routed perfectly. I think the cache description says to park up at the Column lot ($1 fee) but there's pull-offs on either side of the road near the cache. Probably maximum of 4 vehicles can fit here. But it's much easier to do from the pull-offs than to hike down and back up the hill.

#84 - I believe there's a gate keeping vehicles out of this park but it's a pretty short walk to get to the cache

#12 - In case y'all are like me and don't read every cache description before the event - be sure to have "at least 2 liters of water" on hand for this one.

And now a bit of shameless self-promotion...just over 3 miles south of #12 is a park called Cullaby Lake. It's too far away to be on the route but for any over-achievers out there I have 3 caches that I think you'll enjoy if you feel like tacking an extra half-hour or so onto your route. Room Service is a TB Hotel, The Cocoanuts is a fun and easy Mystery and Real Genius is a short multi where you get to shoot lasers at trees. There are another 4 caches along the same trail that aren't mine. Check my cache descriptions for the location of a secret free parking area for the lake.

Also! There's been a few new caches added just recently that you may or may not want to put on the route. I haven't found any of them myself yet.

In The Tangle (GC29T62)

Old School (GC29WAP)

and for the Goonies 25th anniversary: Chester Copperpot's hidden stash (GC1GRJB)

Hi, Just wondering what the difference is between the ACM and the AWCM. Will there be two seperate routes?

Been a bit slow this time, but here are the bookmarks for the Astoria Cache Machines. There are two, Astoria Cache Machine (ACM) and Astoria Waterfront Cache Machine (AWFCM). As Travis updates the routes I will updated the bookmark lists, but the links will remain the same and will be accessible here.

Problem Children

----------------------

ACM

-----

#11, GC24P9R - Disabled due to work in the area

#16, GC1BEN3 - MIA and has a reviewer archive warning note

#40, GC102F5 - Premium Member Only cache, Basic Members will need to get the co-ordinates and will need to know the back door logging procedure, or just skip it.

#70, GC1VFJ7 - Trail has "Trail Closed" sign, but cache owner walked the trail an sees no reason. YMMV

#71, GC1NDJP - ditto

#72, GC21JYY - ditto

#73, GC1PG19 - ditto

AWFCM

---------

#14, GC1YDCZ - cache is behind a "No Trespassing" sign

#15, GC1R7DX - ditto

Hi, Just wondering what the difference is between the ACM and the AWCM. Will there be two seperate routes?

No, that is AWFCM (Astoria WaterFront Cache Machine). That is because Travisl broke the routes into two distinct groups. One, ACM (Astoria Cache Machine), is the normal Streets and trips he normally uses with its numbering sequence. The water front list is the one he did with other software and has google earth pictures. This is the AWFCM list. Since both start with 1 and have duplicated numbers I decided to have two bookmark lists that reflect the two distinct parts of the cache machine. If you download and look at the .pdf that Travisl posted it should be more apparent.

And yes, you could somewhat consider them two separate routes since the waterfront route is mostly walking or trolley rides, although someone did mention you can drive to different parts of the route to cut down the walking.

This something I do on my own to help the folks that attend the cache machine, Travisl had nothing to do with it or did he provide input other than publishing his .pdf of the cache machine caches he selected. Hope this helps.

Edited by jholly
This something I do on my own to help the folks that attend the cache machine, Travisl had nothing to do with it or did he provide input other than publishing his .pdf of the cache machine caches he selected.
But he does appreciate it :blink:

I'll have the final route posted on Monday, June 21. I just updated my reference copy, and it's looking like we're gonna be seeing a lot of neat areas. In addition to the AWCM route, another instruction I'm including, which I've never had to do before, is on a trail of caches in Warrenton. Essentially, if the caching group has a driver who's willing to skip a cache and drive to the other end of the trail, get "Fern Tree", GC24EV8. Otherwise, skip it.

No, that is AWFCM (Astoria WaterFront Cache Machine). That is because Travisl broke the routes into two distinct groups. One, ACM (Astoria Cache Machine), is the normal Streets and trips he normally uses with its numbering sequence. The water front list is the one he did with other software and has google earth pictures. This is the AWFCM list. Since both start with 1 and have duplicated numbers I decided to have two bookmark lists that reflect the two distinct parts of the cache machine. If you download and look at the .pdf that Travisl posted it should be more apparent.

And yes, you could somewhat consider them two separate routes since the waterfront route is mostly walking or trolley rides, although someone did mention you can drive to different parts of the route to cut down the walking.

This something I do on my own to help the folks that attend the cache machine, Travisl had nothing to do with it or did he provide input other than publishing his .pdf of the cache machine caches he selected. Hope this helps.

:)

Don't post much here but worth the time to say thanks jholly for the route maps they help a ton. Used them in three Cache Machine's and work great. Everyone has one in hand, so Thanks!

Edited by tumbleweedpirates

is there a place to down load all the caches are do I have to enter them manually.

jholly has a bookmarks of the caches, AWFCM and ACM. If you're a premium member, you can download a pocket query for them at the bottom of the bookmark list.

I probably wouldn't be to quick to download them tonight. Travis is suppose to post an update tomorrow and I should have the bookmarks updated shortly after that. I would wait until I post I have updated the bookmarks.

NOTE: Times below are different than my first post on April 25. Below times are accurate.

The final route is up, at http://j.mp/acm_final (4 MB .pdf file)

There will be an informal dinner at 6:00 PM on Friday, June 25 at Golden Luck Chinese buffet, 159 West Bond Street, Astoria (46.1899, -123.8467). If there are any changes to the route after the minute I post this, I'll announce them at dinner that night.

For the route, some of the parking in Fort Stevens park requires a day use pass ($5). Expect to pay $2 for an all-day pass for the ferry. Parking at the Astoria Column is $1. So, in addition to hotel and meals, expect an extra $8 for caching-related expenses.

The day-long event kicks off at 5:00 AM at GC156JT, "Old Youngs Bay Bridge South", 46.1664, -123.8377.

As a reminder, the dinner event on Saturday, June 26 at the Wet Dog Café and Brewpub, 144 11th Street, Astoria (46.1903 -123.8316) is at 8:00 PM.

No poker games are planned, at least, not that I know of. ;)

NOTE: Times below are different than my first post on April 25. Below times are accurate.

The final route is up, at http://j.mp/acm_final (4 MB .pdf file)

There will be an informal dinner at 6:00 PM on Friday, June 25 at Golden Luck Chinese buffet, 159 West Bond Street, Astoria (46.1899, -123.8467). If there are any changes to the route after the minute I post this, I'll announce them at dinner that night.

For the route, some of the parking in Fort Stevens park requires a day use pass ($5). Expect to pay $2 for an all-day pass for the ferry. Parking at the Astoria Column is $1. So, in addition to hotel and meals, expect an extra $8 for caching-related expenses.

The day-long event kicks off at 5:00 AM at GC156JT, "Old Youngs Bay Bridge South", 46.1664, -123.8377.

As a reminder, the dinner event on Saturday, June 26 at the Wet Dog Café and Brewpub, 144 11th Street, Astoria (46.1903 -123.8316) is at 8:00 PM.

No poker games are planned, at least, not that I know of. ;)

I think you meant the Trolly.

Expect to pay $2 for an all-day pass for the ferry.
Carries people, runs along the water, must be a ferry, right? (Clearly, I didn't watch enough Mr. Rogers Neighborhood when I was a kid. Yeah, I meant trolley.)

Problems ---

#43, GC24DNQ - Missing since 5/12, disabled 6/1

#44, GC24ETD - Archived

Thanks. I'd missed my :laughing: on the map, and accidentally kept GC24DNQ. And I just realized I'd forgotten to check caches archived between June 9 and 20. That'd be GC24ETD. Odd coincidence that they're so close to each other.

I'll let people know on Friday.

Expect to pay $2 for an all-day pass for the ferry.
Carries people, runs along the water, must be a ferry, right? (Clearly, I didn't watch enough Mr. Rogers Neighborhood when I was a kid. Yeah, I meant trolley.)

Problems ---

#43, GC24DNQ - Missing since 5/12, disabled 6/1

#44, GC24ETD - Archived

Thanks. I'd missed my :laughing: on the map, and accidentally kept GC24DNQ. And I just realized I'd forgotten to check caches archived between June 9 and 20. That'd be GC24ETD. Odd coincidence that they're so close to each other.

I'll let people know on Friday.

Also caught that I can't spell trolley correctly. This is going to be a fun one. :(

I thought the cache machines didn't have multis in them? Also, I see that there is at least one web cam. I'm not sure I have someone to do this for me since I think they will all be caching with me. How do I accomplish this?

Nessker

Edited by nessker

I thought the cache machines didn't have multis in them? Also, I see that there is at least one web cam. I'm not sure I have someone to do this for me since I think they will all be caching with me. How do I accomplish this?

Nessker

I guess you were thinking wrong on the multi's. I've noticed that travisl includes them. Not sure how the webcam will be handled, but many times a local will do it, and I think you can do it with a smartphone. I wouldn't know because my phone is a tin can and a string. :P