Becoming a reviewer

wycacher

I am sure there is a post on this already, but I did a search and came up with nothing. How would I go about applying to be a cache reviewer for my area?

You need to send your very large check to Groundspeak headquarters with your request for an application. Once your application is received and your check clears you then must pass a very rigorous interview with Keystone and Mtn-man. I would suggest bringing a supply of very high quality dog biscuits to the mtn-man interview. If you pass this stage you then must pass the interview at headquarters and have a very complete background check. For more information on the process, see this article.

Edited by jholly

Do a bunch of stuff to make yourself known -- in a good way -- within the geocaching community. Later when a new reviewer is needed, you want the existing reviewers to think of you and ask you to become a reviewer.

Of course, if you are known in a bad way, the reviewers will snicker and giggle when they suggest your name :laughing:

I am sure there is a post on this already, but I did a search and came up with nothing. How would I go about applying to be a cache reviewer for my area?

You need to send your very large check to Groundspeak headquarters with your request for an application. Once your application is received and your check clears you then must pass a very rigorous interview with Keystone and Mtn-man. I would suggest bringing a supply of very high quality dog biscuits to the mtn-man interview. If you pass this stage you then must pass the interview at headquarters and have a very complete background check. For more information on the process, see this article.

This information is outdated. Send all application processing fees to my home address. I will make sure that your application gets due consideration. Thank you.

This information is outdated. Send all application processing fees to my home address. I will make sure that your application gets due consideration. Thank you.

Shows how little you know. jholly is obviously much more up to speed on the importance of milkbones.

my gut feeling tells me that asking how to become a reviewer automatically disqualifies you from ever becoming a reviewer :laughing:

This is my understanding also. It is far better just to hide in the weeds.

Once you are well enough hidden for a long enough period of time, you must kiss the frog (you cannot find the frog, the frog must find you). If the frog likes the way that you kiss, then you are invited to a rewarding high-paying reviewers' job, complete with all the bennies!

On a slightly more serious note, I am not sure why anyone would want to be a reviewer, BUT, I am sure glad the guys/gals in our area accepted the positions. They do an awesome job and given the volume of publishing, must sacrifice a significant portion of their recreation time.

On a slightly more serious note, I am not sure why anyone would want to be a reviewer, BUT, I am sure glad the guys/gals in our area accepted the positions. They do an awesome job and given the volume of publishing, must sacrifice a significant portion of their recreation time.

That is a question I am still asking myself. I haven't found an answer that makes sense.