Large geocaches

Matt_B_Good

This one is big enough to climb into:

A Cool Cache by Dale n Barb (GC15RQB)

Oh wow! that thing is large enough to be buried in! It must have cost a pretty penny to put that together. My biggest surprise is that 7 yes 7 DNF were logged on it. I'm really considering beating that thing in size. Not sure I will do it yet. Something that large almost has to be on private land.

4x4 hidden under a pil of rocks. :lol:

Do you mean the container was 4 feet by 4 feet or that the container was a pickup truck? Either way that is pretty big.

It was actually a 4Runner or something like that :D

The cache page gave no clue that the cache was so big, other than the hint that wimseyguy repeated above.

4x4 hidden under a pil of rocks. :lol:

Do you mean the container was 4 feet by 4 feet or that the container was a pickup truck? Either way that is pretty big.

It was actually a 4Runner or something like that :D

The cache page gave no clue that the cache was so big, other than the hint that wimseyguy repeated above.

So far on this thread your the winner. You should have been able to fit at least 3 people in that one. So it was listed as size not chosen that is funny. Here someone probably looked for a micro. Hopefully you got to the log book without having to move too many rocks.

7fea1416-1398-4ccd-91b8-183cf86e1e96.jpg

This ammo can, which measures 4 feet high by 6 feet long by 2 feet wide, was originally built for a friend's bachelor party. The end on the left, with the latch, opens on some hinges, and four scantily clad females jumped out of it to entertain the bachelor and his buddies.

A week later it was removed from the trailer and hidden on a 50 acre property owned by another cacher.

7fea1416-1398-4ccd-91b8-183cf86e1e96.jpg

This ammo can, which measures 4 feet high by 6 feet long by 2 feet wide, was originally built for a friend's bachelor party. The end on the left, with the latch, opens on some hinges, and four scantily clad females jumped out of it to entertain the bachelor and his buddies.

A week later it was removed from the trailer and hidden on a 50 acre property owned by another cacher.

I scrolled through all five pages on that listing and didn't see a single one of those scantily clad females. :D But I did recognize another lil devil that I know. :rolleyes:

Most Geocaches are micro to regular in size. I am planning to hide a five gallon bucket in the summer. That will be a large but certainly not the largest geocache ever. What is the largest one you ever saw? I'm wondering if any are large enough that a person can walk into it?

There. Fixed it for you. That's so juvenile, and so 1998, but I couldn't resist. :laughing:

Personally, as far as finds, probably a book exchange cache that consisted of two 5 gallon buckets side by side.

I have hidden a rather large rubbermaid container, which has a larger volume than a .50 cal ammo box. Darned if I remember the gallons or litres or whatever that it was.

Largest I ever hid was a double sized ammo box. As wide as a .50 cal, but double the height. Big, but not huge. I adopted one from a geocacher who moved out of the area that is about 3 feet long x 2 feet wide and about a foot high.

The largest ones I've seen were those jumbo ammo boxes like the ones used for the A.P.E. caches.

Largest I ever hid was a double sized ammo box. As wide as a .50 cal, but double the height. Big, but not huge. I adopted one from a geocacher who moved out of the area that is about 3 feet long x 2 feet wide and about a foot high.

The largest ones I've seen were those jumbo ammo boxes like the ones used for the A.P.E. caches.

The largest one I found was also the first one I found. It was a plastic footlocker that had been lowered into a hollow redwood stump. (The stump was on the downhill side of the trail, so the higher end of the footlocker was at the same level as the trail.)

It has since been archived, but the big problem was that it didn't seal well. There were some unusually large trade items (e.g., a folding baby stroller), but since everything was damp...

Sledgehammer

I can verify that this "small 4X4" cache container once not only contained, but transported six very scantily clad females and one lucky monkey. Yes, I know that the 1987 Nissan Pathfinder does not have enough seatbelts for that many people, but when you are that far over the line you sort of throw caution to the wind.

Edited by Monkeybrad

Yes, this cache cost a pretty good penny to build. The cache is only available during business hours or on special request. Due to its size and cost it is brought in each night. Read the logs for more info on this cache. It is not only a very unique cache but a very unique cache location. And yes, it holds one average size man...me.

This one is big enough to climb into:

A Cool Cache by Dale n Barb (GC15RQB)

Oh wow! that thing is large enough to be buried in! It must have cost a pretty penny to put that together. My biggest surprise is that 7 yes 7 DNF were logged on it. I'm really considering beating that thing in size. Not sure I will do it yet. Something that large almost has to be on private land.